Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can't hear first nav words through BT

Post by RoyaltyWoody
I'd like to use my Plantronics (Voyager Pro) bluetooth with my Samsung GS3 to hear Waze navigation directions. But every time I do, I can't hear the first few words of the directions. For example, the last direction before making a turn is supposed to be something like, "Turn Left, Main Street". But all I hear (when using BT) is, "Main Street", as if it's just announcing to me that I've arrived at Main Street. (It IS, after all, the MAIN street... isn't it? :) So, it's probably important enough that it should be announced.)

My wife's setup doesn't seem to have the same problem. She uses an iPhone 4 w/ a Plantronics Explorer 220.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the Samsung phone, the Plantronics headset, or possibly just a glitch in Waze on Android... or maybe it's something else??

So I wonder... has anyone else had a similar issue? Any suggestions on diagnosing the "culprit" - whether it's the handset, the BT, or something else?

Also, even when I'm using the phone's speaker, I notice that when arriving at my destination, the final announcement from Waze differs between Android and iOS. The Android version merely mentions the street name, whereas iOS includes the address. Does anyone here know if there is any effort being put into eliminating that discrepancy? (Preferably NOT by reducing the information coming out of the iOS version!)
RoyaltyWoody
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:12816050

Send a message