Are drives saved when offline

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Are drives saved when offline

Postby davipt » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 am

I know waze should not be used in offline mode, and I know about searching the forum but I'm getting vague answers and I need a straight answer for a bunch of my users:

assuming a simple situation of work-home-work where the client already cached the route, no reports will happen, traffic information is not needed, I have a user that wants to use waze in offline mode (only 150MB/month)

his (and mine) question is if the drives are stored on the client and uploaded later when the device connects to wifi, even in case the client is stopped between leaving the car and arriving home/work.

I'm curious because I've never seen any kind of file like this on my iPhone's file system, and I can't easily try it out right now (nor can he), but my feeling is that a drive in offline mode will *NOT* appear on the editor.

Has anyone tested this and can provide a clear answer?

Thanks.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Are drives saved when offline

Postby porubcan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

I was testing in summer on Android client. In roaming with cellular data off. I started client while connected to hotel's WiFi and made short drive (5 km) to our company's branch. I switched client off after connecting to company's WiFi. This drive was saved. If you do not have connection to server on both - switch on & switch off - drive is lost.

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
Image Image
Editing & Client Expert, AM @ South-West Slovakia
Waze 3.7.6.992 on HTC One, Android 4.2.2 @ white Škoda Octavia
porubcan

Return to Waze App