Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice Commands - "Rain" Option

Post by Karen33
When I use the voice command for Hazard ---> Weather, there is no "Rain" option like there is when you do it manually on the phone. "Freezing Rain" is an option, but not just "Rain". Is this a known glitch, already? Sorry if this has been previously addressed. (NA server, iPhone5)
Karen33

POSTER_ID:2487915

Send a message
Area Manager • California
iPhone5 • iOS 6.1
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Nope. Only non-voice option.

(Yes, Waze really needs to sort out their UI. We know. :roll:)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by edsonajj
MCL1981: If the option is there then you cannot say that it is wrong for drivers to use it… if you disagree with its existence then you should put it as a separate suggestion.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by kentsmith9
I know this thread is a year old, but I wanted to note I created a Bugzilla for it today since this is still not fixed. https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6294

Actually the Bug report asks to sync the voice commands and manually entered reports so they match both ways. Many report options are not available manually.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
And it should never be fixed. Reporting rain should be completely removed and banned. It is not a hazard that needs to be reported. It is a dangerous and unnecessary distraction to everyone who is trying to drive. Please stop reporting rain. You are driving hundreds of thousands of people completely insane and causing an unneeded distraction in a bad weather. We can all see it is raining with your reporting.
WranglerSport14
Send a message

Post by WranglerSport14
There is a high beam switch in your car to make your headlights brighter. Does that mean you should use it simply because it is there? No. My point is that the feature itself is an incredible bad idea and shouldn't be there. Any any driver with a shred of common sense should be able to tell and be smart enough not to use it. It has been requested countless times to remove it or an option to disable it.
WranglerSport14
Send a message