Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze takes pictures without permission

Post by lannych
Hi all,

Anybody having the same problem? My waze is actually taking pictures (sometimes i hear the sound of taking pictures and sometimes is shows the cameras live view on the screen.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kind regards
lannych

POSTER_ID:13767987

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze has the function to take pictures when submitting a report. Are you tapping the camera button?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ArlenBystander
Is the voice control option enabled? If so, which activation method is chosen; three finger tap or that plus wave in front of the screen?
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by deeggo
xteejx wrote:I think I know what the OP means.
When scrolling around the map on my S2, randomly it seems, the app will make a click sound. It does sound like a camera shutter a bit, but I assure you it isn't taking photos.
Could be an in built screenshot function though?
Never did find out what it was...
Me too. I have had that for many Android versions and even on different phones. But for me, it has only been the shutter sound, never did I find an actual picture or screenshot has been taken.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by floppyrod84
I think I know what the OP means.
When scrolling around the map on my S2, randomly it seems, the app will make a click sound. It does sound like a camera shutter a bit, but I assure you it isn't taking photos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gerben
What kind of phone are you using? Does it have a hardware camera button that is pressed by the phone mount?
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by lannych
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze has the function to take pictures when submitting a report. Are you tapping the camera button?
Of course I don't
lannych
Send a message

Post by lannych
ArlenBystander wrote:Is the voice control option enabled? If so, which activation method is chosen; three finger tap or that plus wave in front of the screen?
I don't have that option on my phone.
lannych
Send a message

Post by lannych
xteejx wrote:I think I know what the OP means.

I dont worry about the click sound, but It shows the cameras image on the screen, there is no way it is just taking a screen-shot.
lannych
Send a message

Post by lannych
mssusa wrote:Weird. Are you sure it is waze activating the camera? I would turn logging on then submit the logs when it happens again and contact support with the time and date of submitting the logs. If I remember correctly you can flip logging on/off by navigating to 2##2, but you better search nanorep or the wiki if 2##2 is not the correct command.

Thanks for the hint, I have activated DEBUG in the in the logging and will send the report next time.
lannych
Send a message