Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by maantje76
So the pictures are send to an external location :-) >:o
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Weird. Are you sure it is waze activating the camera? I would turn logging on then submit the logs when it happens again and contact support with the time and date of submitting the logs. If I remember correctly you can flip logging on/off by navigating to 2##2, but you better search nanorep or the wiki if 2##2 is not the correct command.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I've had that with one old Android version, but I can't remember which. Sometimes when the map auto returns to current location or I pan in certain ways. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

However, the OP sees the camera view not just the sound. My guess is that it is a hardware button or some shortcut that accidentally activates the camera. The logs would show if Waze has anything to do with it. I just hope he doesn't forget to report back here :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by the1who
I too have always wondered what it was...I assumed it was my Waze Icon getting ready to munch on road goodies.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.99