These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze Volume

Post by MrMischief
I'm having a strange issue with Waze's volume on my Samsung Galaxy S3 since the update 3.5.3. I am currently on Waze beta 3.5.3.904 but I do not believe this is related to the beta release.

I am using the aforementioned GS3 (model SCH-I535) running stock Android 4.1.1 on Verizon. What I have done in the past is connect to a Jabra SP700 bluetooth speaker that also has a FM transmitter in it to get the audio to my old Jeep Wrangler's stereo.

Since Waze 3.5.3 I have noticed that anything Waze says is at half volume. If I'm quick I can turn up the volume on the phone and it goes from half to full volume. The next time Waze speaks it goes back to half volume. My initial thought was the Waze sound setting (settings > sound > prompts volume) but that is turned up all the way. Route to speaker is not checked. I adjusted the prompts volume setting to half, then to zero, then back to full volume. This volume setting did not seem to change anything with Waze. When the Waze sound prompts volume setting was at zero, prompts still played at 50%. I checked route sound to speaker, and the sound went through the phone's speaker as expected, but again at 50% volume. When I got home, I suspected my car dock app (Car Home Ultra) was causing an issue, so I uninstalled that and restarted the phone. I then retested and this seemed to clear the trouble. The next day on my commute I reconnected to the Jabra SP700 and Waze was doing the same thing. I unpaired the Jabra SP700 and the GS3, then repaired them. No change. I uninstalled Waze, deleted the Waze folder, then reinstalled Waze. No change. Uninstalled Waze, restarted the phone, reinstalled Waze. Trouble cleared! Until I reconnected to the SP700. So now I'm thinking this is related to the bluetooth connection. I turn off the SP700 and turn off bluetooth on the GS3. The trouble remains. I restart the phone, trouble clears.

So here's where I think I am at. Whenever I connect my GS3 via Bluetooth to my Jabra SP700, Waze cuts the volume in half every time it speaks. The interesting thing to me is this: If I'm playing music from my phone (Sensor Music Player), through the SP700 the music volume is fine. When Waze speaks, everything goes to half volume. When Waze is done speaking the volume returns to normal until the next time Waze speaks. As I said, if I'm fast I can catch the volume while Waze is speaking and turn it up from 50% to 100%, however the next time Waze speaks it goes back to 50% for the duration of the prompt. This trouble will remain even after the SP700 is disconnected until the phone is restarted.

Any ideas or guidance or guesses?
MrMischief

POSTER_ID:892689

Send a message

Post by Galttar
I have the same problema with my Sansung Nexus.
I'm navigation with low volume... :(
Galttar
Send a message

Post by MrMischief
Just an update....

I deleted every non-stock app from the phone, and did a factory reset. I reinstalled just Waze and the same problem still exists. Volume is normal until I connect it via bluetooth to my Jabra SP700. I don't have another bluetooth device to test with, but I think that will be my next step. Anyone else have some input?
MrMischief
Send a message