These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

HTC touch diamond 2 and Waze 1.8.0.0 (winmobile) bugs

Post by pappasbil
Firs some bugs.

1. I cant use my wifi with waze. If I turn off the phone connection waze are telling me no connections but I can surf the web flawlessly with the working wifi connection.

2. When I install waze I answer where I will use waze USA or international. I cant change that later any where!

Some question/wishes.
Im in Sweden but I will go to New York and rent a car there and of course I will use waze.  :P But I cant search any address in my waze client in New York. (I believe that because bugg 2?)

If I calculate a trip from A to B I would like that to be cached in waze and me to use that even without a working internet connection. (and I should be able to turn waze off and it still remember).
If I use waze and cross my country’s boundary the charge for internet connection thru the phone are sky rocketing. There for I think it is obvious that you should be able to use your waze without a working internet connection if you planed your trip in advance (With a working connection). The same goes if im in a mountain area without phone covering I still whant road directions..)

I think this is small changes in the client, I will be leaving son please make them quickly… ;)
pappasbil

POSTER_ID:305260

Send a message

Post by deeggo
Even if Waze could cache the trip, what should it do when you are forced to take a detour? It can't cache the whole world?
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by pappasbil
The hole idea with a calculated rout are to follow it so if i detour its my problem. I still whant directions on the right route.
I didn’t say I wanted the world I said I wanted my planed route.
pappasbil
Send a message

Post by pappasbil
???
HTC touch diamond 2 and Waze 1.8.0.0 winmobile
???
What more do you nead.

And i would like to calculate the rout and dl the maps at home (in sweden) because the cost of roming from my Swedish mobile account to at&t in the US are (if I reade there chart correct 15 $/Mb + 2.90$ /min using it.) So I don’t what to use the US server when im there I whant to use it when im here at home and cache the maps in advance… Can i change the server and put POI´s in advans and so on?

edit: i have tripple cheked the wifi does not work with waze for this mobile. regardless of in witch order wifi/waze/phone connection are started. denenitly a bug thats need fixing.
pappasbil
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
well, that's the way any online navigation system works. It downloads map tiles for the whole route with some parts aside. If you go away from the planned route it either has to download the missing parts or you are lost :o

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by savaeden
i have blocked mobile data – i only have wifi which is not [usually] available in the car. I have discovered waze is working pretty well on my phone, at least near my home. Is that because data is cached from searching while at home on wifi? Or am i somehow getting internet reception? I have never seen wifi connecting in the car.

Thanks,
savaeden
Send a message

Post by support
family_man wrote:Firs some bugs.

1. I cant use my wifi with waze. If I turn off the phone connection waze are telling me no connections but I can surf the web flawlessly with the working wifi connection.

2. When I install waze I answer where I will use waze USA or international. I cant change that later any where!

Some question/wishes.
Im in Sweden but I will go to New York and rent a car there and of course I will use waze.  :P But I cant search any address in my waze client in New York. (I believe that because bugg 2?)
Hii

First which device you are using and which version ????
If you want to go to New York for example, Waze will identify your location and replace server to USA ;) .

Regards
Muhammad-WAZE SUPPORT
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message