These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jonprivate
I also use this app for the Storm. Like they say, when you bring up the menu and choose and option, since we can't scroll, we can only change the first option in that selection. Like for instant in Profile, it only ask me if I want to change my password, it won't let me change anything else in the profile, so I always say NO I don't want to make the change. Since I can't change the profile, I can't make myself ping able. On the main screen I can report items because it allows me to choose what I want to report. Then I have to tell the storm to show the keyboard, and do my typing, enter it, and then hide the keyboard again. But when I have recent searches, I can't pic which one I want, because it won't let us scroll down, so we always just the what ever is on top.

Also is Waze 1.5.4.6 the latest version?
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
flyinghellfish wrote:And now I just screwed myself.....I downloaded 1.5.5 today and now I can't even sign in. Pressing enter after typing in my user name (compatibility mode off since the keyboard still does not work in this version) doesn't take me to the password box. And since there is no way to press that box with comp. mode off I'm actually worse off than I was an hour ago.
Did you ever get signed back in with the new version? What are the changes they made in this version? Is it worth trying out, or should I just stick with 1.5.4.6??
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
Has anyone else noticed this, I haven't seen it or heard about it. But when I use this application, if I don't keep it plugged into the charger my phone will be dead in an hour and a half. This application really drains the battery. Could you look into this and fix it.

Jon
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
For you that don't know this they are working on a Strom version of this app!!! Yeah!!!
Postby dan12345 on Thu May 27, 2010 1:27 am
We just released a testing version for storm, to be found in http://tiny.cc/1559_touch . If you already downloaded waze, and turned compatibility mode off, you need to turn it back on.

Let us know your feedback either here or at alpha@waze.com, specifically if you managed to complete the sign up process and search for a new address and scroll the map.

Thanks,
Dan.
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
awermuth wrote:
Looks like i'll have to wait till i get my iphone to really participate but at least i don't have to pay for that useless verizon navigator bullshit no more
The iphone sucks, I wouldn't get one of those. Get the new HTC Incredible, now that is a great phone.
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by Xopher
Pretty much any GPS app on the BB is going to drain the battery, especially ones that use GPS and wireless data at the same time. It's keeping both radios running constantly, and that drains the battery. Most of the GPS apps pull map data while you are driving, so it is using both radios simultaneously. I would assume Waze is doing that also, since it gets updates and sends info while you drive.

I ended up getting a comfort cradle for my BB, so when I'm in the vehicle, it is dashboard level for GPS functions, and charges at the same time (or at least is plugged in). That way, I'll always have a charged battery when I reach my destination.
Xopher
Send a message