These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by usa_xw7654br
I would really like to see Waze buffer data for later upload.

I drive through Ortega Highway in southern California to/from work every day. I drive 90+ miles total each due through this corridor. But, because there is no network through the mountain pass Waze is only recording about 50-60% of my drive each day.

I checked My Drives on the site and sure enough, my commute is being recorded as two separate drives: the first segment from home to the beginning of the pass, and a second segment as I re-enter civilization until I arrive at my destination.

I somehow feel cheated out of points, but I suppose I can live with that. That app is obviously still able to accurately monitor my current position throughout all segments of my drive. Why would the devs avoid saving the data to upload when I arrive? Or are they?

I read elsewhere that there is *supposed* to be a feature doing this, but I have yet to see evidence this is working. I test SW professionally and would be willing to offer myself as a tester on request. :)

Also of note: Ortega is one of those highways that can become a 2-3 hour wait if anything goes awry within the pass segment. Most regular drivers of Ortega would really benefit from the ability of the app to report incidents even when there is no network available. It would be great if we could "queue" incident reports that would post to the servers once a user re-established network connectivity.
usa_xw7654br
Send a message