Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

TTS Identifying "Parking Lot" Segment

Post by witfits
Sorry if this has already been asked. Please point me, if so.

When I am traveling on at least two (2) parking lot segments the TTS is referring to them by name when there is no designated name in WME. Since it's using the name of a named, subsequent segment I'm wondering if this is intended behavior?
Some users are dropping "incorrect name" URs for these parking lot segments. The directions are accurate but the reference to the name throws me off...
Example:
Turn left onto Really Highway then turn right onto Really Highway.

Thanks,
Wit
witfits

POSTER_ID:11453774

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We've provided Waze a better algorithm for when to announce names and when not to. Hopefully, someday, they will use it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Yes, it is known behavior. Works well with unnamed ramps as it should. Not so well for unnamed Plots. I read somewhere that they have asked Waze to make that function stop when one of the segments is a Plot. No word on how soon or where it is in their to do list.

It's a catch 22 in marking it solved, then the reporter is wondering when it will stop. Mark it unsolved, they go into the map and start naming Plot roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by witfits
Okay, thanks. Does it help to mark the last segment of the plot a service road? Hmmm, after I see what I typed I don't think I like doing that even if it does work.
witfits
Send a message