These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Backgrounder usage with Waze

Post by Lemon
For those of you who have jailbroken your iphone have you tried using backgrounder with Waze?

I ask because last night i jailbroke my iphone and installed backgrounder (to run apps in the background hoping to save some battery while using waze).

My experience was that it kind of seemed like it was working but i wasnt really sure. I would enable backgrounder for Waze and then open another app (Waze presumably running in the background) and when i re-opened Waze i wasnt really sure if i had logged the miles that i had driven since i opened another app and had Waze running in the background. I think it might have worked but im just not sure.

Has anyone else used backgrounder with Waze? What have you found out?
Lemon

POSTER_ID:9461

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by dietz
Yeah I just installed Waze a few days ago and yesterday drove around switching back and forth between it open and in the background. As far as I can tell it was working, but the log isn't displayed online yet, so I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think it was to do with it being in the background though.

Since you just jailbroke your phone, I would suggest making sure that waze was in fact backgrounded. If you have backgrounder put the badge on the icon when it is running you can confirm this. Or if you have SBsettings installed (which you should) you can check to see what processes are running.

If my logs display online for when I know it was backgrounded, I'll let you know.
dietz
Send a message

Post by KW33D
Jailbroken here as well but never used it with backgrounder.

Easiest way is to use Waze only one time for a single day and use it backgrounded the whole time. Then you can view your archive and see if it recorded your route that day.
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message