Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

USERNAME

Post by AJVlagomez
I need to change my user name. How do I change my user name without loosing the data I have associated with this username?

Thanks
AJVlagomez

POSTER_ID:7160495

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
moisesz.il wrote:Hi there what actually is the difference between username and first name. what do other users see?
i clicked on the linked above i didnt find a way to change username? many thanks
Other users see username. Your Waze friends will see your real name and picture if you added it.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AndyPoms
Depending on what user name you are trying to change, you may not be able to at the current time.

Go to http://www.waze.com/support/ and in the Quick Help box search "username" (without the quotes) and that should give you the answer you are looking for. I'm currently on a tablet, so I can't use the quick help system (can't select the box to type into).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by blew43
Hi there what actually is the difference between username and first name. what do other users see?
i clicked on the linked above i didnt find a way to change username? many thanks
blew43
Send a message

Post by taco909
moisesz.il wrote:Hi there what actually is the difference between username and first name. what do other users see?
You can no longer display a different name on the app than your username.
My username is taco909, but my screen name was "Tacoguy" up until one of the 3.8.x updates in June or July.
Your Facebook/Waze friends see your real name and Facebook profile photo.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich