iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Here's an example of a jumbled screen. Too many objects in a small space. We need some more design thought put into how to decided not to show some elements/objects so things are easier to see.

There's wazers, red light cams, two ads and street labels trying to use the same space.

Tapatalk made me do it.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:Here is a screenshot of a road label on the wrong segment (the jam is correct)

I don't think the label is actually on the other street, but is "floating" in the wrong spot. I've seen this happen once and have a screenshot as well, but wanted to see it happen again, which it hasn't for me.

It was but there was too much traffic to take more screenshots. Basically the label would snap to the other segment as soon as the real segment was out of screen like on the screen shot. Because the bubble always shows the connecting dot on the left side, it seems the algorithm detects it can't show the bubble over the real segment withou being more than half out of screen and jumps to the other one.

I've tested this by rotating the map and trying to guess the point where it would jump - really snap to each segment and jump between them) at about the "half-bubble-out-of-screen"
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zexpe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm

zexpe wrote:
perlin wrote:✓ Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)

Nice, but it's broken in a very annoying way. It says "are these prices correct" and then doesn't display any prices (but does say they were updated by user "long string of numbers" 1 day ago - me). Apparently if you enter the prices via the old method (and not via the pop-up) the correct information is there (according to the equivalent Android thread). Surely the whole point of the pop up is to get you to check that the prices are correct, which is impossible if it's not showing them!

This is now fixed without a client update, so clearly the problem was entirely server related. Nice to see this new feature actually working now - I hope it will help make the gas price feature entirely more useful than it was before with more gas station prices updated more frequently.
zexpe

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Tile rendering errors are back not seen these for quite a while!

I am on the a46 major highway, however it's drawn to the left of the route and my car.

Not sure if its related but these tiles are subject to the iOS 6 GPS error bug too.

[Edit]
I'm not the only person seeing this:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=52.95787&lon=-0.97112&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFT
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.3.3 • Waze 4.10
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby perlin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:11 am

j-lamar wrote:Just three random suggestions ...

1. Could a display filter be created to suppress alerts of upcoming traffic light cameras? I find them distracting, and it appears to be one element that can't be turned off (or am I just missing this?).

2. For the final direction to a destination, could a left or right indicator be included along with the "checkered flag" to note which side of the road the destination will be on (or an "On Left" or "On Right" text addition to the street address)?

We can't show right/left until we deploy house numbers, but definitely planned once we reach some critical mass (many parts of the world don't have exact house numbers).

Regarding the speed cams filter, it's indeed planned, but it's going to be part of a major change we're planning, so it won't be in the near future.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby sketch » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:07 pm

My nav bar disappeared today, after I updated a couple gas prices this morning.

Waze still gave me audio nav instructions. Leaving the app (using the home button) and returning did not restore it, nor did rotating between landscape and portrait.

Ten minutes later, after I tried to report a Closure, the nav bar showed up again:

(Incidentally, the Closure feature did not allow me to close the next segment along my route, even though I was not on that segment.)

I sent logs around 9:30 CDT this morning and again a few moments ago (this time at Debug level).
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:02 am

I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:32 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.

Huh? Is that confirmed? Nonsense indeed if true.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AggieJM » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:20 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.

Hmmm, is that the behavior? I've noticed an intermittent problem of not switching to night mode, but I hadn't factored in how long Waze was running before the switch. But I knew a restart took care of the problem.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:02 pm

I thought I read that from Perlin a few versions ago.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App