iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby zexpe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:42 pm

zexpe wrote:
perlin wrote:✓ Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)

Nice, but it's broken in a very annoying way. It says "are these prices correct" and then doesn't display any prices (but does say they were updated by user "long string of numbers" 1 day ago - me). Apparently if you enter the prices via the old method (and not via the pop-up) the correct information is there (according to the equivalent Android thread). Surely the whole point of the pop up is to get you to check that the prices are correct, which is impossible if it's not showing them!

This is now fixed without a client update, so clearly the problem was entirely server related. Nice to see this new feature actually working now - I hope it will help make the gas price feature entirely more useful than it was before with more gas station prices updated more frequently.
zexpe

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:Here is a screenshot of a road label on the wrong segment (the jam is correct)

I don't think the label is actually on the other street, but is "floating" in the wrong spot. I've seen this happen once and have a screenshot as well, but wanted to see it happen again, which it hasn't for me.

It was but there was too much traffic to take more screenshots. Basically the label would snap to the other segment as soon as the real segment was out of screen like on the screen shot. Because the bubble always shows the connecting dot on the left side, it seems the algorithm detects it can't show the bubble over the real segment withou being more than half out of screen and jumps to the other one.

I've tested this by rotating the map and trying to guess the point where it would jump - really snap to each segment and jump between them) at about the "half-bubble-out-of-screen"
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Here's an example of a jumbled screen. Too many objects in a small space. We need some more design thought put into how to decided not to show some elements/objects so things are easier to see.

There's wazers, red light cams, two ads and street labels trying to use the same space.

[ img ]

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:26 pm

davipt wrote:Here is a screenshot of a road label on the wrong segment (the jam is correct)

I don't think the label is actually on the other street, but is "floating" in the wrong spot. I've seen this happen once and have a screenshot as well, but wanted to see it happen again, which it hasn't for me. I'll attach it now.

[ img ]

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Here is a screenshot of a road label on the wrong segment (the jam is correct)

The jam segment is the A5... The label IC17 is the road I was entering at that moment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363353594.135436.jpg
(56.95 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm

I think it was this thread where was asked about UR messages popping up on the client. I got them today and they suck suck suck. Every UR shows a popup in the middle of the screen, the standard popup design with ok cancel or something, covering the map and dismissing after 10 or 15 seconds.

A popup from a private message from a wazer, while driving, is ok, but an UR solved message should never popup while driving.

In my case it bothered me even more because it was a newbie closing my reports without solving anything, average one per minute, for the whole duration of the trip. I was about to stop just to pm the guy to stop it ASAP!
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Here are more examples of jams being reported on streets connected to the jammed street. These were not on my route, but I was able to easily find these by going to the Traffic Reports.

Cirrus Dr continues to the left and connects to Hall Blvd which is where the jam is showing as starting.
[ img ]

Jam reported on 152nd, but really is on Farmington Rd.
[ img ]

Jam reported on 121st, but really is on Walker Rd.
[ img ]

EDIT: logs uploaded after these screenshots were taken at 1:27 GMT 2013-03-14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby j-lamar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 am

Just three random suggestions ...

1. Could a display filter be created to suppress alerts of upcoming traffic light cameras? I find them distracting, and it appears to be one element that can't be turned off (or am I just missing this?).

2. For the final direction to a destination, could a left or right indicator be included along with the "checkered flag" to note which side of the road the destination will be on (or an "On Left" or "On Right" text addition to the street address)?

3. It seems that the app monetization strategy includes company tie-ins with location tags (e.g., Taco Bell), which is a clever tactic. I was wondering, though, that as you (probably) inevitably add more company tie-ins, will there be an opportunity to buy a "pro" version of Waze that removes this advertising? I can guarantee you that many of your users would be willing to part with $0.99 to get rid of the ads.

Thanks,

Jason
j-lamar

Postby perlin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:what about the other part of the problem which is that the slowdown is reported on a side street and not the actual street? The "Spaniel Ct" in the reports is not where the slowdown was. This has been reported by others more than once recently.

We confirm there's a bug that causes that. We are looking into that and working on a fix. Since it's a client bug, the fix will be included on the next release.
perlin

Postby pablobetes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 pm

davipt wrote:Have you tried other apps to make sure it's not a limitation on the iOS location api? (I miss my years in Deutschland and the autobahns and my BMW)

Yes. I tried TomTom app and it worked perfectly. I think the problem is in the Waze app. It is not very important to solve it because it is not frequent to find it, but it is a bug...
pablobetes

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App