These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by seriousarsonist
Not sure if it's client related or my operator (O2) but I have had lots of searching network since the RC and official release. Another thing is lots if weird routing, couldn't get any screen caps though. Could be a server side or map issue but has only started since the new clients.

Logs randomly sent as there's been a few short and long drives

Pip

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Dave2084 wrote:I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.

Under iOS6 the GPS position passed to it by iOS is stickied to roads on apple maps, so where they are out of date Waze has problems :cry:

Full details of my investigation and discussion here:
iOS6 Does Not Provide True GPS Location to Waze
Would explain quite a few of the weird and wonderful routing oddness I come across almost daily on newer bits of roads over here in NI, shall be waiting for baited breath for the update that fixes it.
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Over the past week and a bit I've been having a lot of bother with the loss of network nonsense both while on 3G or from Wifi to 3G. I don't know if anything has changed server side but my iphone and client are both up to date and the problem appears to be getting worse. I know it isn't my service as I'm still able to use safari/mail while the no network in waze persists.

Logs sent just now, just in case.

Pip
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Managed to crash the app! Go me!

Had a message that wasn't showing in messages, tapped the all button and wham!

Logs just sent, it's log 97 of 97

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by sketch
My nav bar disappeared today, after I updated a couple gas prices this morning.

Waze still gave me audio nav instructions. Leaving the app (using the home button) and returning did not restore it, nor did rotating between landscape and portrait.

Ten minutes later, after I tried to report a Closure, the nav bar showed up again:

(Incidentally, the Closure feature did not allow me to close the next segment along my route, even though I was not on that segment.)

I sent logs around 9:30 CDT this morning and again a few moments ago (this time at Debug level).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
The feature that only displays road names when they intersect with the current route should be expanded to include the names of any street that is connected to the current route by a ramp.

I see three such roads in this example.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
It's pretty bad. The routes are sometimes really far from optimal, and only when using the add a stop feature. I've stopped using it entirely at this point. It's a problem known to many.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
davipt wrote: So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)
Maybe it's a US vs. The World issue, but it's definitely an issue on the US routing server. And I doubt it's client-specific, more likely a problem with the routing server. But it's definitely happening.

I've heard a number of stories from others, and I've told my own. Here is one glaringly obvious example: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 10#p360243
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).
I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.
I had a problem with the add a stop feature a few days ago. Same behavior as before. I think it's safe to say it isn't fixed.

I also would prefer a return to the softer tone.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
kentsmith9 wrote:I have never encountered the issue with the other search icons not being available, but I have had cases where results from my contact list was the only thing showing as locations and I had to manually pull up Waze icon to see those results.
Same here. It seems to happen when Waze thinks it has service but doesn't at the beginning of the search, and gains it by the end—that is, when I start the search my phone still thinks it's in range of my home wifi even though it isn't, and by the time I went to switch providers from Contacts to another one it had jumped to LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message