These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
aziwoqpd wrote:Anytime I try to share my location via text message, Waze tries to send the text message via iMessage, even for contacts that have never, ever had iPhones! Which causes the text message to fail to send.

Turning iMessage off completely seems to fix it, but that doesn't seem the best solution..
We're checking to see if this is something that can be controlled from our end, but we believe it's not related to waze, but to the OS.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:what about the other part of the problem which is that the slowdown is reported on a side street and not the actual street? The "Spaniel Ct" in the reports is not where the slowdown was. This has been reported by others more than once recently.
We confirm there's a bug that causes that. We are looking into that and working on a fix. Since it's a client bug, the fix will be included on the next release.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
j-lamar wrote:Just three random suggestions ...

1. Could a display filter be created to suppress alerts of upcoming traffic light cameras? I find them distracting, and it appears to be one element that can't be turned off (or am I just missing this?).

2. For the final direction to a destination, could a left or right indicator be included along with the "checkered flag" to note which side of the road the destination will be on (or an "On Left" or "On Right" text addition to the street address)?
We can't show right/left until we deploy house numbers, but definitely planned once we reach some critical mass (many parts of the world don't have exact house numbers).

Regarding the speed cams filter, it's indeed planned, but it's going to be part of a major change we're planning, so it won't be in the near future.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really really dislike the non-switch of day/night mode when Waze has been running for more than 30 minutes before the time to switch. The way this is currently set up makes no sense to me.
Indeed no sense. I've already talked with the developers about that and they agreed to change it. I hope it will be for one of the upcoming versions.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
enhket wrote:it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:
Yes, it's planned to be released really soon (in a week or so).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
kpouer wrote:A minor bug, I don't know if it is new but with Waze 3.6, if I try to share my destination with someone (by mail or sms), but instead of sending the message I cancel, nobody has the link but the sharing mode is enabled anyway. I suppose if you can detect that the message was not sent it should not enable the sharing mode.
Actually we can't detect if the message/email was sent successfully or failed/cancelled (the OS doesn't provide us that info once you get directed to the sending screen).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
sketch wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).
I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.
I had a problem with the add a stop feature a few days ago. Same behavior as before. I think it's safe to say it isn't fixed.
We're still working on it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
cmezriczky wrote:I have some Feedback on 3.6:

-Get rid of animated Windows. They only produce load to the device without being a real feature. If you got a lot of windows opening the same time, the device is no longer very reactive or crashes. Quick reaction on Inputs is a safety relevant feature, since inputs distract from driving and the shorter the distraction the better...
-Stability when entering routes: Very frequent Crashes when entering a destination (Probably when Waze tries to suggest a destination at the same time you enter a different one)
-Better UI for adjusting Mute all, Mute Warnings, Mute directions.
-Prefered Routes no longer work.
Thanks for your feedback, we'll take your comments under consideration.
The upcoming version will include stability fixes and a new control button for adjusting sounds.
perlin
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
Has anyone else witnessed the early "500 ft" problem in this version? I got a "turn right in 500 ft" prompt earlier today with Waze 3.6 when there was way more than a tenth of a mile left to go. Perhaps it is still mistaking 500 ft for "as soon as you get less than .2 miles away?"
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message