Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by zexpe
seriousarsonist wrote:I know it isn't my service as I'm still able to use safari/mail while the no network in waze persists.
I too often see this, but haven't noticed it as being any worse with v3.6.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
davipt wrote:I'll remind that the issue only happens in very particular cases where the apple maps is too far away from the reality, which may be more problematic on recent roads that may have changed their location and Apple Maps are still not up-to-date.
In principle, I could see this causing all sorts of problems for Waze's road speed data. We create parking lot roads to take users off the main roads to avoid this kind of contamination. If the client's GPS is still sticking to the Apple Maps road then the hard work of Waze editors is for nothing. I'm sure iOS 6 users provide a sizable fraction of Waze's road data.
zexpe
Send a message

Post by zexpe
zexpe wrote:
perlin wrote: ✓ Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)
Nice, but it's broken in a very annoying way. It says "are these prices correct" and then doesn't display any prices (but does say they were updated by user "long string of numbers" 1 day ago - me). Apparently if you enter the prices via the old method (and not via the pop-up) the correct information is there (according to the equivalent Android thread). Surely the whole point of the pop up is to get you to check that the prices are correct, which is impossible if it's not showing them!
This is now fixed without a client update, so clearly the problem was entirely server related. Nice to see this new feature actually working now - I hope it will help make the gas price feature entirely more useful than it was before with more gas station prices updated more frequently.
zexpe
Send a message