iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.

Under iOS6 the GPS position passed to it by iOS is stickied to roads on apple maps, so where they are out of date Waze has problems :cry:

Full details of my investigation and discussion here:
iOS6 Does Not Provide True GPS Location to Waze
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

phlag wrote:I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.

The jailbreak guys are the ones that need to take care of not breaking other apps. It still pisses me off how jailbreaking a device can break something as simple as the weather app. (note: i've only jailbroken my device so I can run Waze beta on my new device, I haven't installed nothing else. Ok the SSH access also simplifies the tweaking of the files, as it's faster to just vim the files than use iExplorer ;) )
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby phlag » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.
phlag

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 am

pmnarsapur wrote:I have observed many times that the traffic reports don't show the street names even though the street names are set properly.

Those are only the automatically created reports by waze when traffic is detected and AFAIK it's been acknowledge, is indeed a regression, and should be fixed in a later version.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pmnarsapur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 am

HI,

I am using Waze 3.6 on my iPhone 4 Version 6.1.2 in Pune, India
I have observed many times that the traffic reports don't show the street names even though the street names are set properly.

Following are the reports that I took today.

IMG_0779.PNG
Traffic reports main
(118.04 KiB) Downloaded 703 times

The last two reports (Standstill and Heavy) are reported by Waze on "Pune-Solapur Hwy" and "Nana Shankar Sheth Rd" respectively, however those street names are not shown in the list.

IMG_0780.PNG
Traffic report on Pune-Solapur Hwy
(120.71 KiB) Downloaded 703 times

This image shows the report item clicked and shows that street on which it was reported. Traffic is Heavy at 31 kmh, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.

IMG_0781.PNG
Nana Shankar Sheth Rd
(120.05 KiB) Downloaded 703 times

Similar to the above case, here there is standstill traffic, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.

I even checked in the maps to see if the start segment had the name incorrectly, but these streets are update properly with their names, still they are not visible on the client.

Has anyone else observed this? The reports were shown properly before the update.

Regards,
Puneet
pmnarsapur

Postby aziwoqpd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 am

Anytime I try to share my location via text message, Waze tries to send the text message via iMessage, even for contacts that have never, ever had iPhones! Which causes the text message to fail to send.

Turning iMessage off completely seems to fix it, but that doesn't seem the best solution..
aziwoqpd

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 pm

perlin wrote:This example specifically is not valid, since we disabled light an moderate traffics from the zero-speed popups (I did not know that before.. sorry :? ).

Okay, I can understand that, but what about the other part of the problem which is that the slowdown is reported on a side street and not the actual street? The "Spaniel Ct" in the reports is not where the slowdown was. This has been reported by others more than once recently.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby unlimitedsounds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Resolved... Since I am Jailbroken I need to use XCON so that one of my APPS WILL WORK. the version of XCON that I had updated to earlier in the day caused WAZE and a few other apps to crash. I used crash reporter to find out that this was the cause and updated a newer version then what was in the auto-update and all is fine again..

unlimitedsounds wrote:
dtrace wrote:iPad 2 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze - 3.6

Waze crashes every time on startup. I have tried the following;
Re-installing Waze while running.
Removing Waze then restart iPad and install Waze.
Tried turning airplane mode on/off.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried attaching the crash report but it would not let me. http://pastebin.com/WakZTUKf

I have same issue on iPhone 4s running 6.1.0 .. It was working fine until Tonight.. Any ideas?
unlimitedsounds

Postby dtrace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm

iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

I've now reinstalled WinterBoard and the one or two tweaks that I wanted back, and Waze is still running. I was unable to narrow down the specific WinterBoard package that was causing the crash, but I'd suggest uninstalling WinterBoard, and then test Waze after each package you reinstall to find the culprit.

That did not work for me since WinterBoard was not installed. I just tried a fresh clean restored device with just Waze and same results.
dtrace

Postby gbfdcapt4b » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes, that worked. Thanks!
gbfdcapt4b

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App