iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby invented » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:19 pm

davipt wrote:
invented wrote:I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.

Well, I apologize if it doesn't work for you and Alan, but I basically ignored your confusing "circuitous route" because I couldn't even see any stop point or end point, and also couldn't parse your english sentence, my fault most probably, just may have understood some part with the answer from Alan.
I just meant the usual "works for me™", as I've tried right now more than a dozen combinations, short distances (<5km), average daily (~25km) and long ones (~100Km) and all is "perfect" and I can't see the behavior Alan reported that the route will try to reach the end point and then go back to the stop point, whatever this means.

So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)

No problem, it could very well be in the NA server entirely.
invented

Postby invented » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm

davipt wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?

It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.

I never saw that happening on normal usage, but as I said if you set manually a start point, the flow only works the first time, if you try to change route the start point if forgotten and you'll get a route from here to stop to here or something even weirder.

If you see it happening on a regular here->stop->destination tell us. I may have never seen anything like that because my normal "stop point" usage are always in the middle of the route - I use it to force a route through a certain route.

I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.
invented

Postby invented » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
invented

Postby invented » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

photo (2).jpg
photo (2).jpg (85.89 KiB) Viewed 895 times
When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

If it's not doing that, it's telling me to drive in circles...
invented

Postby iJewJitsu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Maybe it's a US vs. The World issue, but it's definitely an issue on the US routing server. And I doubt it's client-specific, more likely a problem with the routing server. But it's definitely happening.

I've heard a number of stories from others, and I've told my own. Here is one glaringly obvious example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38078&start=10#p360243

I concur. I can't speak to where it isn't an issue, and unfortunately I wasn't able to document cases because I had a lot going on, but:

I just used waze to drive across the country from Southern California through the Southwest on up to South Dakota and across to the Mid Atlantic. It performed beautifully the whole way (obviously, I hit some patches with no data but as I always searched my routes at stops; I was able to even relaunch the app without data when necessary and find a route).

The only times it did NOT perform for me (besides the odd report that wouldn't send from network issues) was whenever I tried to use the "Add A Stop" feature. I have used it flawlessly in the past, but it is most certainly broken in its current state on the US server.
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2
iJewJitsu

Postby iJewJitsu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:42 pm

For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

I've now reinstalled WinterBoard and the one or two tweaks that I wanted back, and Waze is still running. I was unable to narrow down the specific WinterBoard package that was causing the crash, but I'd suggest uninstalling WinterBoard, and then test Waze after each package you reinstall to find the culprit.
Waze v3.7.2
iJewJitsu

Postby iJewJitsu » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 am

I have the constant crash on startup as of this evening too, whereas it worked fine on current version until today.

According to CrashReporter, Winterboard may be the culprit. It also seems to be affecting Kindle. Will try to confirm if it is a Winterboard conflict or not.
Waze v3.7.2
iJewJitsu

Postby gbfdcapt4b » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes, that worked. Thanks!
gbfdcapt4b

Postby gbfdcapt4b » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:49 pm

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1 and I can no longer open it either. I get this on the screen for 2 seconds and then returns to home screen.

gbfdcapt4b

Postby fvwazing » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 am

The slashed loudspeaker indicates that sound is OFF - the slashed orange wazer indicates that sharing is ON.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App