iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm

invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?

It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 am

jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).

I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:19 pm

I have never encountered the issue with the other search icons not being available, but I have had cases where results from my contact list was the only thing showing as locations and I had to manually pull up Waze icon to see those results.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kpouer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 pm

A minor bug, I don't know if it is new but with Waze 3.6, if I try to share my destination with someone (by mail or sms), but instead of sending the message I cancel, nobody has the link but the sharing mode is enabled anyway. I suppose if you can detect that the message was not sent it should not enable the sharing mode.
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Country Manager France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
kpouer
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby L0keman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:09 am

palmerit wrote:Had another instance where waze wouldn't connect to appradio.

This time, turning the setting off - restart - on - restart didn't work. Force quiting the app didn't work. Had to fully restart the phone.

Debug logs uploaded at 5:38pm eastern time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I get this EVERYTIME on my appradio 2 unless I close waze before turning off my car. It's really anoying. Also, I can't input text. I think it's the random "you are trying to use a feature that is not supported while connected to an external device" warning. Other things, will let me input text, even while driving as long as I choose passenger. A lot of things just out right do not let me input text whether I am moving or not.
L0keman

Postby McCracken808 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:51 am

TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

ImageImageImage
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Waze 3.7.8, Mazda3
McCracken808

Postby McCracken808 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

It said "turn right at to blah". Oh, and "stay right at to blah"

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to explain. I confused myself while typing.
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

ImageImageImage
Waze Resources:

McCracken808

Postby McCracken808 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 am

McCracken808 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

It said "turn right at to blah". Oh, and "stay right at to blah"

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to explain. I confused myself while typing.

UPDATE

TTS is magically working for "to blah" named roads.

Carry on.
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

ImageImageImage
Waze Resources:

McCracken808

Postby MikeMcCollister » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:07 pm

The home and work navigate options still do not work. If I assign an address to them and tap on them to navigate then nothing happens. When I exit the app and go back in there are no longer addresses assigned to home and work.

Regards,

Mike
MikeMcCollister

Postby mrnewsguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 pm

After downloading 3.6 yesterday (iPhone 4S) I was unable to access the Waze network. Each time I force-quit the app from my fast-switch area and restarted it I saw the screen to agree to the terms of use. But the screen would disappear before I could check the "agree" box and move on. So I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. That took care of things. Working normally now.
mrnewsguy

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App