iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 pm

orbitc wrote:I'm part of it. Recently switch my phone and re-submitted my info. The only email I found is for previous beta.

And you are still out of luck. They can only add/update device information once per year. Next update is, I believe, around September.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby orbitc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:20 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
orbitc wrote:I'm part of it. Recently switch my phone and re-submitted my info. The only email I found is for previous beta.

And you are still out of luck. They can only add/update device information once per year. Next update is, I believe, around September.

Thank you Alan.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:

I'm in the same situation, got an iPhone 5 from my employer. Had to jailbreak the device *only* to run the beta. But again, the forum has the link, if you can't see the forum you're "not in" :P
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby invented » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 pm

photo (2).jpg
photo (2).jpg (85.89 KiB) Viewed 805 times
When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

If it's not doing that, it's telling me to drive in circles...
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 pm

invented wrote:When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

The routing server seems to be strongly preferring to get us very close to our final destination, then routing to the stop point, then back to the final destination again. They need to work on this.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dtrace » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

phlag wrote:I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.

What worked for me was to create a new profile on ipad/itunes. Basically did not restore my settings and just sync my apps. Everything else returned the same result of Waze not starting up.
dtrace

Postby perlin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 pm

zexpe wrote:
perlin wrote:✓ Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names

I think you've shot yourself in the foot on this one. Now my commute to work along the motorway was very boring with the Waze client not showing me the labels of any surrounding objects; no road labels, no junction labels, no landmark labels. This makes Waze look like a very "unfinished" sat nav product compared to your competitors. I'm all for reducing map clutter, but there's lot of room to include useful labels such as junction numbers/names and the names of the roads they lead to, possibly the names of parallel routes and other large landmarks adjacent to the motorway such as parks. I learnt so much about the area surrounding my commute from glancing at the Waze map as I drove into work. This in turn encouraged me to add and label missing landmarks - now there is no incentive for me or other drivers to do this.

We know that there are lots of improvements to make and we're working on the map (and general UI) constantly.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:Perlin,

"Later" report bug still happening. Please, check it out viewtopic.php?f=552&t=42158

Thanks, we aware of that. Haven't been fixed yet (what was fixed was the one with the closure report..).
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:52 pm

aziwoqpd wrote:Anytime I try to share my location via text message, Waze tries to send the text message via iMessage, even for contacts that have never, ever had iPhones! Which causes the text message to fail to send.

Turning iMessage off completely seems to fix it, but that doesn't seem the best solution..

We're checking to see if this is something that can be controlled from our end, but we believe it's not related to waze, but to the OS.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
invented wrote:When I use Add a Stop, the routing goes completely to shit. Now it has me going as far out of the way as possible to get to my stop point, alternatively it has me going quite far out of the way to get to my end point.

The routing server seems to be strongly preferring to get us very close to our final destination, then routing to the stop point, then back to the final destination again. They need to work on this.

Alan, do you know if this was added to the list of open items? (Don't currently have access.) I see this a lot and I can add some examples if we need more.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App