These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
stickytree wrote:Still no fix for auto day/night for Australia.
Correct, haven't been fixed yet.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The details I posted earlier in this thread contradict what Perlin has written. I, and others, have pretty clearly proven that popups are not working per this information. In fact, they aren't working at all.
We're are currently checking this issue. I will report back with findings.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
WeeeZer14 wrote:Inconsistent UI: Menu > My Waze > My Nickname does not have a Back button, only a Close button.
Known issue, will be fixed.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:
perlin wrote:
Thanks for reporting. Can you say exactly what kind of popup are these? What do they say (don't understand the language..)?
It's the "need to download Lang pack" at first start. It happens when rotating to landscape. I've reported this one on the beta thread.
Thanks, we'll fix that.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
palmerit wrote:I've been having issues with waze connecting to my appradio. To fix it, I have to go into settings and disable support, restart app, then enable it and again restart app. Didn't have this issue in beta. Also, scrolling doesn't work with appradio on the 'moods' screen.
Thanks for reporting, we will fix that.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Here's how the Report list looks for On Route in the menu. The issue is with the Spaniel Ct report:

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3343/img0800.png

Here is how it looks after I tap on the report from the Reports menu (NOT A POPUP!):

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/9876/img0801y.png
This is clear evidence of the significant and long-term bug with missing popup alerts users have been complaining about since December.[/color]
This example specifically is not valid, since we disabled light an moderate traffics from the zero-speed popups (I did not know that before.. sorry :? ).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG/Continuing issue with non-optimal decisions being made in determining which street names to display.
Yup, this needs more work, and it's something we're working on continuously (in baby steps..).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Now, with the new purple route road name indicators, I see that they too are offset from the road location.
How is this happening?
Well, I haven't got an explanation from the developers regarding what's causing it, but they say it's a known issue and they're working on it. However, it's not a small fix, so it won't be done soon.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
zexpe wrote:
perlin wrote: ✓ Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names
I think you've shot yourself in the foot on this one. Now my commute to work along the motorway was very boring with the Waze client not showing me the labels of any surrounding objects; no road labels, no junction labels, no landmark labels. This makes Waze look like a very "unfinished" sat nav product compared to your competitors. I'm all for reducing map clutter, but there's lot of room to include useful labels such as junction numbers/names and the names of the roads they lead to, possibly the names of parallel routes and other large landmarks adjacent to the motorway such as parks. I learnt so much about the area surrounding my commute from glancing at the Waze map as I drove into work. This in turn encouraged me to add and label missing landmarks - now there is no incentive for me or other drivers to do this.
We know that there are lots of improvements to make and we're working on the map (and general UI) constantly.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
scarlogarcia wrote:Perlin,

"Later" report bug still happening. Please, check it out http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=552&t=42158
Thanks, we aware of that. Haven't been fixed yet (what was fixed was the one with the closure report..).
perlin
Send a message