iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby fabryx73 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I talked now with a friend of mine that is reporting the Popup Issue on the Facebook Waze Italia page.
She say that a Facebook forum moderator told them that developers idicate the POPUP ISSUE as not a problem because only reports placed on the same route you are following and within a radius of 20 Km are shown as popup when stopped.
Is it correct or not?
What should be the real behaviour of popup reports?

Anyway, also in that condition, no Popup are shown...
I think you are joking with us because many users ask you to disable that feature and you simply disabled it.
Last edited by fabryx73 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabryx73

Postby fabryx73 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Also with 3.6.0 the no popup issue is present.
As already reported in a previous post, even with a route with several traffic reports and police reports, no popups are shown while stopped. Neither one of them...
Only gas price update popups appears on screen while standing in a gas station proximity, but these report last for 10 seconds and doesn't disappear when running again, becoming annoying.
Street names are too invasive in my opinion.
GPS precision seem to be lower than the first 3.0 releases, but this is hard to check without doubts in a city.
Solve the popup issue pls, becouse it is from December that we are reporting this issue and there was no feedback from any developer.

Thx
Bye
Last edited by fabryx73 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabryx73

Postby enhket » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:53 am

it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dtrace » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

phlag wrote:I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.

What worked for me was to create a new profile on ipad/itunes. Basically did not restore my settings and just sync my apps. Everything else returned the same result of Waze not starting up.
dtrace

Postby dtrace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm

iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

I've now reinstalled WinterBoard and the one or two tweaks that I wanted back, and Waze is still running. I was unable to narrow down the specific WinterBoard package that was causing the crash, but I'd suggest uninstalling WinterBoard, and then test Waze after each package you reinstall to find the culprit.

That did not work for me since WinterBoard was not installed. I just tried a fresh clean restored device with just Waze and same results.
dtrace

Postby dtrace » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 am

iPad 2 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze - 3.6

Waze crashes every time on startup. I have tried the following;
Re-installing Waze while running.
Removing Waze then restart iPad and install Waze.
Tried turning airplane mode on/off.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried attaching the crash report but it would not let me. http://pastebin.com/WakZTUKf
dtrace

Postby db869 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

The audio controls have changed significantly and not in a good way. For example, in the previous version I would mute navigation, but it would still tell me about police, accidents, traffic, etc. With the new version I had an extremely quiet drive to work, but not in a good way. I unmuted Waze, but was inundated with "Turn left..." prompts. I know how to get to work and don't want to hear these prompts.

If it's all or none, I will just take none and stop using Waze. Please return the old sound functionality.
Last edited by db869 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
db869

Postby davipt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

umopapisdn wrote:
iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

i was hoping this would solve my problems, but to no avail. i uninstalled winterboard and it hung on a little longer but it eventually crashed back to springboard.

Waze is the ONLY app i'm having this problem with. any new ideas?

I can also confirm my device is jailbroken so I can run the beta on the new device (iPhone 5, the UDID was for my older iPhone 4) and I've only enabled ssh and installed some app that installed the appsync library but then removed the app (something that would allow to download cracked apps, which I don't care). Never crashed anything. The only additional app I've installed and gave me problems (but not crashes) is the app that tries to extend the screen size of old apps into the iPhone5 screen size, but the keyboard was most of the times at the wrong place and besides wouldn't interfere with iphone5 resized apps like waze.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 pm

invented wrote:I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.

Well, I apologize if it doesn't work for you and Alan, but I basically ignored your confusing "circuitous route" because I couldn't even see any stop point or end point, and also couldn't parse your english sentence, my fault most probably, just may have understood some part with the answer from Alan.
I just meant the usual "works for me™", as I've tried right now more than a dozen combinations, short distances (<5km), average daily (~25km) and long ones (~100Km) and all is "perfect" and I can't see the behavior Alan reported that the route will try to reach the end point and then go back to the stop point, whatever this means.

So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?

It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.

I never saw that happening on normal usage, but as I said if you set manually a start point, the flow only works the first time, if you try to change route the start point if forgotten and you'll get a route from here to stop to here or something even weirder.

If you see it happening on a regular here->stop->destination tell us. I may have never seen anything like that because my normal "stop point" usage are always in the middle of the route - I use it to force a route through a certain route.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App