iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby Scorp42 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Had another instance where waze wouldn't connect to appradio.

This time, turning the setting off - restart - on - restart didn't work. Force quiting the app didn't work. Had to fully restart the phone.

Debug logs uploaded at 5:38pm eastern time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 pm

zexpe wrote:iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Waze -> Badge App Icon -> Off

Smartass. ;)
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zexpe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?

iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Waze -> Badge App Icon -> Off

;)
zexpe

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?

Yes. There appears to be (another) disconnect between the badge count and inbox count.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PhantomSoul » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby MikeMcCollister » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:07 pm

The home and work navigate options still do not work. If I assign an address to them and tap on them to navigate then nothing happens. When I exit the app and go back in there are no longer addresses assigned to home and work.

Regards,

Mike
MikeMcCollister

Postby zexpe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm

perlin wrote:✓ Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names

I think you've shot yourself in the foot on this one. Now my commute to work along the motorway was very boring with the Waze client not showing me the labels of any surrounding objects; no road labels, no junction labels, no landmark labels. This makes Waze look like a very "unfinished" sat nav product compared to your competitors. I'm all for reducing map clutter, but there's lot of room to include useful labels such as junction numbers/names and the names of the roads they lead to, possibly the names of parallel routes and other large landmarks adjacent to the motorway such as parks. I learnt so much about the area surrounding my commute from glancing at the Waze map as I drove into work. This in turn encouraged me to add and label missing landmarks - now there is no incentive for me or other drivers to do this.

The only labels I did see on my commute were the city labels, which was particularly frustrating, because they were still wrong due to a long delay in the update of the city layer and the bug whereby zombie city labels remain despite there no longer being any map objects using this label: the only labels I could see were the ones I couldn't effectively edit, so there goes the incentive to edit labels on the Waze map...
zexpe

Postby voytech » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
voytech wrote:The iPhone client no longer alerts of police and other road hazards when the spoken guidance is muted. This was very helpful when going to work where I know the route but I still want to be alerted of police.

As noted in this thread and elsewhere, mute now mutes all.

Tapatalk made me do it.

Sorry Alan, didn't have the time to read the whole thing on the phone. Can an option be made in the sound menu to bring this functionality back?
voytech

Postby voytech » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 pm

The iPhone client no longer alerts of police and other road hazards when the spoken guidance is muted. This was very helpful when going to work where I know the route but I still want to be alerted of police.
voytech

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:43 am

perlin wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:BUG: When starting or restarting navigation guidance, the initial distance shown on the screen (which also shows the road reports and ETA) is incorrect (short) by the amount of distance from the current location to the first turn in the navigation.

Known issue. Haven't been fix yet.

I am surprised since no one from Waze at the meetup California meetup was aware of this when we mentioned it. This is another example of where a community bug tracking system would greatly help the community and Waze save hundreds of collective hours of work unknowingly investigating known issues. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App