Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by PhantomSoul
zexpe wrote:iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Waze -> Badge App Icon -> Off

;)
Ahh... The ol' fail workaround. ;) So it is, until the next version at least.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
What they said ^

Often in my driveway where the wifi is present but weak, Waze will try to search various sources, but because of the weak wifi, everything but my phone contacts will time out and Waze will show what it thinks is the closest match in your contacts.

Usually if I tap Bing or YP or Foursquare, Waze will try to force the Internet connection resulting in my phone dropping the wifi and using the cell network, but occasionally that doesn't work either and I have to turn my wifi off on my phone or drive the car out of range completely and then pull over and try again.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by phlag
I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.
phlag
Send a message

Post by pmnarsapur
HI,

I am using Waze 3.6 on my iPhone 4 Version 6.1.2 in Pune, India
I have observed many times that the traffic reports don't show the street names even though the street names are set properly.

Following are the reports that I took today.
IMG_0779.PNG
Traffic reports main
(118.04 KiB) Downloaded 861 times
The last two reports (Standstill and Heavy) are reported by Waze on "Pune-Solapur Hwy" and "Nana Shankar Sheth Rd" respectively, however those street names are not shown in the list.
IMG_0780.PNG
Traffic report on Pune-Solapur Hwy
(120.71 KiB) Downloaded 864 times
This image shows the report item clicked and shows that street on which it was reported. Traffic is Heavy at 31 kmh, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.
IMG_0781.PNG
Nana Shankar Sheth Rd
(120.05 KiB) Downloaded 863 times
Similar to the above case, here there is standstill traffic, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.

I even checked in the maps to see if the start segment had the name incorrectly, but these streets are update properly with their names, still they are not visible on the client.

Has anyone else observed this? The reports were shown properly before the update.

Regards,
Puneet
pmnarsapur
Send a message

Post by RhinoJeep
Pave Road inside iOS app does not seem to post data to Waze Map Editor. Also does not update my
"New Recorded Miles" in My Dashboard.

When I used the Pave function two days ago, it showed that it was paving in the app with the steam roller animation and showed it laying down the blue road. After recording a long stretch it showed the new blue road turned red. For a couple days, it shows the red (unnamed) road in the iPhone app but never shows up alongside "My Drives".
Black Canyon Rd.JPG
Screenshot of Black Canyon Road
(176.63 KiB) Downloaded 1003 times
Here is the area:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-116.7 ... TTTTTTTTFT

How is this suppose to work and did it use to work in older version?

I'm running Waze 3.6.0.0 on an iPhone 4S iOS 6.1
RhinoJeep
Send a message

Post by roadsider
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bdcheung wrote:Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.
Already been posted about in other threads. Main->Friends->On the way or using the Destination Bar.
DO NOT LIKE. What took three taps now takes five.
roadsider
Send a message

Post by scarlogarcia
Perlin,

"Later" report bug still happening. Please, check it out http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=552&t=42158

Thanks
scarlogarcia
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
iPhone 4
iOS 6.1.1
Waze 3.6 AppStore

I've been having issues with waze connecting to my appradio. To fix it, I have to go into settings and disable support, restart app, then enable it and again restart app. Didn't have this issue in beta. Also, scrolling doesn't work with appradio on the 'moods' screen.

Finally, had 4 app crashes in a row. Debug logs uploaded at 5:08pm and 5:12pm eastern time.
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
Had another instance where waze wouldn't connect to appradio.

This time, turning the setting off - restart - on - restart didn't work. Force quiting the app didn't work. Had to fully restart the phone.

Debug logs uploaded at 5:38pm eastern time.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by seriousarsonist
sven-gross wrote:The new road-name-bubbles are great, but can you switch the background to transparent, so you can still see the map behind the bubble.
+1
seriousarsonist
Send a message