iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby McCracken808 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 am

McCracken808 wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

It said "turn right at to blah". Oh, and "stay right at to blah"

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to explain. I confused myself while typing.

UPDATE

TTS is magically working for "to blah" named roads.

Carry on.
McCracken808

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:01 am

(I did not find this in the forums and I know this was present in the prior version.)
(EDIT: skbun pointed out his post from some time ago on this same topic viewtopic.php?p=255404#p255404)

BUG: When starting or restarting navigation guidance, the initial distance shown on the screen (which also shows the road reports and ETA) is incorrect (short) by the amount of distance from the current location to the first turn in the navigation.

When in a neighborhood with many turns or a driveway with a turn at the end you don't realize this is happening. However if you are traveling down the freeway or a major road and select a destination that will include many miles of the current road before you exit you initially see an incorrect distance to your destination causing you to think you entered it wrong, or you have a false sense of a short distance only to be surprised that the distance is much greater after you accept it.

Once you accept the destination (or wait for the screen to automatically clear) the correct distance is shown at the bottom of the screen for remaining distance.

The fix would be to include the distance from the current location to the first turn/exit as is known to the system once you accept the route.

This does not appear to affect alternate route distances though.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby stickytree » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:58 am

Still no fix for auto day/night for Australia. Sunrise/set time is a pretty simple calculation for a known location and time.
S
stickytree

Postby McCracken808 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

It said "turn right at to blah". Oh, and "stay right at to blah"

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to explain. I confused myself while typing.
McCracken808

Postby fabryx73 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The details I posted earlier in this thread contradict what Perlin has written. I, and others, have pretty clearly proven that popups are not working per this information. In fact, they aren't working at all.

Yes, I think that Perlin description is wrong too. But he/she never replyed to my post after that one.
I can also add this issue, already posted here:

- Less GPS precision than it was on first 3.0.x releases... hard to investigate, but it seem that GPS datas are bad filtered. When standing at 0 KM/h, the position changes slightly on screen, sometimes reversing the direction of the car. This not happens with Navigon for example, so it is not an hardwaare related problem.

- Street names cover route intersection in some situation; especially on "T" intersections. Someone states tha this is very good... no comment...

- Very very very strange route calculations. I have to test it more, but many times the navigator show me routes that are completely no sense; e.g. changing street for caming back to the first one 100m ahead even if the first street was clean (on screen and on realty.... and no, it was not a one way street).

Anyway it is free and it is great. (But solve the issue pls)
fabryx73

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 pm

fabryx73 wrote:What should be the real behaviour of popup reports?

The latest we have heard, which has been posted in multiple threads, but not this one yet:
Perlin wrote:We've set up a new zero-speed popups mechanism, that displays up to 4 alert popups at stand-still, in relation to your location near events. If you select to see events on your route only, the popups will be displayed up to 100 km on your route. If you select otherwise (and it doesn't matter which radius you'll choose), they will be displayed up to 5 or 10 km. If you're not near any event, nothing will be displayed when standing still. (you're now probably asking "then why do you still have the old radius selecting if you ignore it". The answer is- we'll change that).

In addition to the alerts, we also display a zero-speed ad and "friends online" popup. Each one of them has a different criteria for display, that depends on the user (if he has friends that are now online, if he's around a location that contains ads, etc.).

It's possible to have a whole drive without getting a single popup. But if you suspect that you should have been getting some (if you know that there are events near you, an ad or friends online) and you didn't- please mention the time of the drive/standstill.

The details I posted earlier in this thread contradict what Perlin has written. I, and others, have pretty clearly proven that popups are not working per this information. In fact, they aren't working at all.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:25 pm

fabryx73 wrote:I see that I lost all previous messages after the update. Is it correct?

Yes, they reset everyone's inboxes. Nice, huh? :x
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I am not seeing private messages in the app show up in my inbox. Anyone else seeing this? Can't understand how something like this keeps getting broken with each release

I see random behaviour. Beep Beep not arriving at all. Private messages sometimes goes to inbox directly without popup, some are fast, some are quite slow, some are lost. Send ten in a row and see the behaviour on the other side :(
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fabryx73 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:51 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I am not seeing private messages in the app show up in my inbox. Anyone else seeing this? Can't understand how something like this keeps getting broken with each release.

Tapatalk made me do it.

I see that I lost all previous messages after the update. Is it correct?
fabryx73

Postby fabryx73 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm

I talked now with a friend of mine that is reporting the Popup Issue on the Facebook Waze Italia page.
She say that a Facebook forum moderator told them that developers idicate the POPUP ISSUE as not a problem because only reports placed on the same route you are following and within a radius of 20 Km are shown as popup when stopped.
Is it correct or not?
What should be the real behaviour of popup reports?

Anyway, also in that condition, no Popup are shown...
I think you are joking with us because many users ask you to disable that feature and you simply disabled it.
Last edited by fabryx73 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabryx73

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App