iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Dave2084 wrote:When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?

Yet another bug to be fixed ;) You've logged in *once* with your account on your wife's device and now Waze backend still has her Push-UDID on the list to be pushed. :(
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

The feature that only displays road names when they intersect with the current route should be expanded to include the names of any street that is connected to the current route by a ramp.

I see three such roads in this example.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby invented » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:35 am

So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby davipt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?

Why do you say that? "It works perfectly for me"™

The only case that fails miserably, but it's not relevant, is when I try to simulate a route by setting a specific point as start point (and not my current location), and then try to add a stop point (works) and then pick an alternative route (works), but only then if I try left menu-alternatives to pick a different one, the start point is usually lost and/or the stop point gets confused.

What kind of borked are you experiencing?
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:53 pm

invented wrote:So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?

It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:

It appears to follow the original route to the initial destination and then near the end of the route it tries to pick up the stop point.

Maybe this is related to the problem I just noticed when setting a starting point on the client. Then ask for alternate routes and then look at the map to choose one. When you do pick one it then uses your current origin as the start point, not the one you just saw in the map that you set.

I never saw that happening on normal usage, but as I said if you set manually a start point, the flow only works the first time, if you try to change route the start point if forgotten and you'll get a route from here to stop to here or something even weirder.

If you see it happening on a regular here->stop->destination tell us. I may have never seen anything like that because my normal "stop point" usage are always in the middle of the route - I use it to force a route through a certain route.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:13 pm

It's pretty bad. The routes are sometimes really far from optimal, and only when using the add a stop feature. I've stopped using it entirely at this point. It's a problem known to many.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:16 pm

davipt wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?

Yet another bug to be fixed ;) You've logged in *once* with your account on your wife's device and now Waze backend still has her Push-UDID on the list to be pushed. :(

Indeed, it used to by my phone.

This is kind of like the bug apple had when iMessage was introduced in iOS 5. I wonder if the current owners of the two iPhone 4's that I had changed under warranty get Waze push intended for me too?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.3.3 • Waze 4.10
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby invented » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:25 pm

davipt wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:

I never saw that happening on normal usage, but as I said if you set manually a start point, the flow only works the first time, if you try to change route the start point if forgotten and you'll get a route from here to stop to here or something even weirder.

If you see it happening on a regular here->stop->destination tell us. I may have never seen anything like that because my normal "stop point" usage are always in the middle of the route - I use it to force a route through a certain route.

I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby davipt » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 pm

invented wrote:I'm not talking about a manual stop point, only normal usage. I provided an example of a circuitous route earlier; it's basically an unusable feature in this version now.

Well, I apologize if it doesn't work for you and Alan, but I basically ignored your confusing "circuitous route" because I couldn't even see any stop point or end point, and also couldn't parse your english sentence, my fault most probably, just may have understood some part with the answer from Alan.
I just meant the usual "works for me™", as I've tried right now more than a dozen combinations, short distances (<5km), average daily (~25km) and long ones (~100Km) and all is "perfect" and I can't see the behavior Alan reported that the route will try to reach the end point and then go back to the stop point, whatever this means.

So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App