iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm

arbaot wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bdcheung wrote:Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.

Already been posted about in other threads. Main->Friends->On the way or using the Destination Bar.

but you need to have a facebook account...

How can we check-in with fousquare without that damn' Facebook :evil:

Have no idea what are you talking about. Just disabled facebook and the foursquare icon continues on the same place and working. What is really failing for you?
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:49 pm

roadsider wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bdcheung wrote:Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.

Already been posted about in other threads. Main->Friends->On the way or using the Destination Bar.

DO NOT LIKE. What took three taps now takes five.

It still takes three taps if you are driving, only five if you are not using waze to navigate, which is IMHO a weird thing to do with a navigating app ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:33 pm

zexpe wrote:That's crazy. Why doesn't Waze fix this? I'm glad I'm still on iOS 5 for now... even if Waze fixes their app there are bound to be loads of other GPS apps I use that suffer from this. Pretty surprising given how much publicity Waze got out of not being Apple Maps!

Did you mean "Why doesn't Apple fix this?" Waze was pointed to the API flag to change, we need to give them the benefit of the doubt that they may have tried it, but the iOS API may be broken and not do as expected. I'd suspect that because I doubt that with so many apps behaving the same no developer have noticed that change.

I'll remind that the issue only happens in very particular cases where the apple maps is too far away from the reality, which may be more problematic on recent roads that may have changed their location and Apple Maps are still not up-to-date.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Dave2084 wrote:I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.

It's not a critical flaw, it's a changed behavior on the API that can be reverted back with a flag, and affects all apps that uses location and were not aware of the new API flag, but you are right Waze does suffer everytime the Apple maps deviates from the real world :mrgreen:
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

phlag wrote:I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.

The jailbreak guys are the ones that need to take care of not breaking other apps. It still pisses me off how jailbreaking a device can break something as simple as the weather app. (note: i've only jailbroken my device so I can run Waze beta on my new device, I haven't installed nothing else. Ok the SSH access also simplifies the tweaking of the files, as it's faster to just vim the files than use iExplorer ;) )
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 am

pmnarsapur wrote:I have observed many times that the traffic reports don't show the street names even though the street names are set properly.

Those are only the automatically created reports by waze when traffic is detected and AFAIK it's been acknowledge, is indeed a regression, and should be fixed in a later version.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I am not seeing private messages in the app show up in my inbox. Anyone else seeing this? Can't understand how something like this keeps getting broken with each release

I see random behaviour. Beep Beep not arriving at all. Private messages sometimes goes to inbox directly without popup, some are fast, some are quite slow, some are lost. Send ten in a row and see the behaviour on the other side :(
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
McCracken808 wrote:TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?

Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

The "to" prefix is a setting on the preferences file, maybe something went wrong with the settings on your country? Can you access your preferences file on your device (use iExplorer or whatever is equivalent for your OS) and check this line on the preferences file:

TTS Navigate.Prefix Filter List: to
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 pm

perlin wrote:
JohnDoe75 wrote:Hi

Still problems with pop-ups on iPhone 5

Thanks for reporting. Can you say exactly what kind of popup are these? What do they say (don't understand the language..)?

It's the "need to download Lang pack" at first start. It happens when rotating to landscape. I've reported this one on the beta thread.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:16 pm

davipt wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?

Yet another bug to be fixed ;) You've logged in *once* with your account on your wife's device and now Waze backend still has her Push-UDID on the list to be pushed. :(

Indeed, it used to by my phone.

This is kind of like the bug apple had when iMessage was introduced in iOS 5. I wonder if the current owners of the two iPhone 4's that I had changed under warranty get Waze push intended for me too?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 11.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • English (UK) Localisation Co-ordinator
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App