iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby PhantomSoul » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Has anyone else witnessed the early "500 ft" problem in this version? I got a "turn right in 500 ft" prompt earlier today with Waze 3.6 when there was way more than a tenth of a mile left to go. Perhaps it is still mistaking 500 ft for "as soon as you get less than .2 miles away?"
Wazing the Garden State... one jughandle at a time.
AM: New York City; New Jersey
AT&T iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1 / Waze 3.7.8
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby PhantomSoul » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Anyone else seeing a notification badge on the Waze icon on your iPhone's home screen with no apparent messages in Waze or ways to dismiss that notification badge?
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby PhantomSoul » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:01 pm

zexpe wrote:iPhone -> Settings -> Notifications -> Waze -> Badge App Icon -> Off

;)

Ahh... The ol' fail workaround. ;) So it is, until the next version at least.
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby PhantomSoul » Tue May 21, 2013 4:12 am

What they said ^

Often in my driveway where the wifi is present but weak, Waze will try to search various sources, but because of the weak wifi, everything but my phone contacts will time out and Waze will show what it thinks is the closest match in your contacts.

Usually if I tap Bing or YP or Foursquare, Waze will try to force the Internet connection resulting in my phone dropping the wifi and using the cell network, but occasionally that doesn't work either and I have to turn my wifi off on my phone or drive the car out of range completely and then pull over and try again.
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby phlag » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm also having issues with a jailbroken device (4S on 6.1.2). I don't have Winterboard or XCON installed.
I uninstalled Waze 3.6, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem (crashing after the logo).

For the time being I've restored my 4S to factory settings, restored from backup, reinstalled Evasi0n, and kept Waze 3.5.3.

I know that catering a fix to jailbroken users is a hassle with all of the extra factors you have to account for, but I do hope that something gets worked out.
phlag

Postby pmnarsapur » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 am

HI,

I am using Waze 3.6 on my iPhone 4 Version 6.1.2 in Pune, India
I have observed many times that the traffic reports don't show the street names even though the street names are set properly.

Following are the reports that I took today.

IMG_0779.PNG
Traffic reports main
IMG_0779.PNG (118.04 KiB) Viewed 373 times

The last two reports (Standstill and Heavy) are reported by Waze on "Pune-Solapur Hwy" and "Nana Shankar Sheth Rd" respectively, however those street names are not shown in the list.

IMG_0780.PNG
Traffic report on Pune-Solapur Hwy
IMG_0780.PNG (120.71 KiB) Viewed 373 times

This image shows the report item clicked and shows that street on which it was reported. Traffic is Heavy at 31 kmh, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.

IMG_0781.PNG
Nana Shankar Sheth Rd
IMG_0781.PNG (120.05 KiB) Viewed 373 times

Similar to the above case, here there is standstill traffic, name is visible on the map but not on the popup or the list.

I even checked in the maps to see if the start segment had the name incorrectly, but these streets are update properly with their names, still they are not visible on the client.

Has anyone else observed this? The reports were shown properly before the update.

Regards,
Puneet
pmnarsapur

Postby roadsider » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:39 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bdcheung wrote:Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.

Already been posted about in other threads. Main->Friends->On the way or using the Destination Bar.

DO NOT LIKE. What took three taps now takes five.
roadsider

Postby Robert_smith30 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:24 am

I do a lot of driving to phone contacts. This current version has still impeded my ability to do so, where it was not a problem in the past. Overall the searching of points and contacts, and driving to them could be improved.

Further, a big problem is putting in an address manually. If something as small as the street name abbreviation is not to the app's standards, it will take you to a general point on that road generally at a major intersection.

It seems since 3.5.2, this has been the problem. I absolutely love this application, but these flaws REALLY hamper me trusting the application for specific point driving considering I used to be able to.
Robert_smith30

Postby scarlogarcia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 am

Perlin,

"Later" report bug still happening. Please, check it out viewtopic.php?f=552&t=42158

Thanks
scarlogarcia
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

sven-gross wrote:The new road-name-bubbles are great, but can you switch the background to transparent, so you can still see the map behind the bubble.

+1
Level 5 Area Manager for Northern Ireland. WME and App Beta Tester.
seriousarsonist
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App