iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm

When someone solves one of my UR's, sometimes (but not always) the Push notification goes to my Wife's iPhone 4 as well as my 4S. We are both logged into different Waze and Facebook accounts. :?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 11.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • English (UK) Localisation Co-ordinator
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 am

Why would anyone want that? :?
Level 6 Editor • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • English (UK) Localisation Co-ordinator
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Tile rendering errors are back not seen these for quite a while!

I am on the a46 major highway, however it's drawn to the left of the route and my car.

Not sure if its related but these tiles are subject to the iOS 6 GPS error bug too.

[Edit]
I'm not the only person seeing this:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=52.95787&lon=-0.97112&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFT
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm sorry to say that there is a critical flaw in iOS6 which Waze suffers from ... Apple Maps.

Under iOS6 the GPS position passed to it by iOS is stickied to roads on apple maps, so where they are out of date Waze has problems :cry:

Full details of my investigation and discussion here:
iOS6 Does Not Provide True GPS Location to Waze
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby dadudaa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I just noticed the same this morning. It doesn't show 60 mph (jumps from 59 to 61 and back) and 38 mph. There may be more "gaps" on speedometer but I happen to notice these two only. I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and the latest wase app.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
fvwazing wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Since it was brought up in a beta thread, I think by bgodette, regarding knots-to-km or miles conversion: it still isn't fixed. It remains impossible, as it has since at least 2010 and probably since the first version of Waze with a speedometer was released, that certain speeds will never display in the app. 60mph is one of those values.

Not fixing this will definitely render every attempt to implement those average-speed-cameras futile.

At the meetup, bgodette was fairly certain he's seen 60MPH on Android recently. I have set cruise control and for a distance of 3+ miles, only saw it bounce between 59 and 61 but never 60. bgodette also mentioned that the issue could also be if Waze isn't getting the current speed from the GPS/location services in 1/10ths of a meter precision.
dadudaa

Postby cmezriczky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 am

I have some Feedback on 3.6:

-Get rid of animated Windows. They only produce load to the device without being a real feature. If you got a lot of windows opening the same time, the device is no longer very reactive or crashes. Quick reaction on Inputs is a safety relevant feature, since inputs distract from driving and the shorter the distraction the better...
-Stability when entering routes: Very frequent Crashes when entering a destination (Probably when Waze tries to suggest a destination at the same time you enter a different one)
-Better UI for adjusting Mute all, Mute Warnings, Mute directions.
-Prefered Routes no longer work.
cmezriczky

Postby cmezriczky » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 pm

A triple Muting solution (Voice Guidance, Warnings, none) would really be helpful...

Also since 3.5 waze has lost my prefered Routes and is not reestablishing them any more...
cmezriczky

Postby bdcheung » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.
bdcheung

Postby aziwoqpd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:29 am

Anytime I try to share my location via text message, Waze tries to send the text message via iMessage, even for contacts that have never, ever had iPhones! Which causes the text message to fail to send.

Turning iMessage off completely seems to fix it, but that doesn't seem the best solution..
aziwoqpd

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 pm

AggieJM wrote:Another issue I noticed on my drive last night.
It would seem that the correct behavior should be to keep focus on the closest report and only switch as you pass that location (after a few seconds) so that the report can be cleared or thanked if necessary.

Yes. Known issue. Unknown if Waze wants to bother fixing it at this time.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App