iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:
McCracken808 wrote:TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?

Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?

The "to" prefix is a setting on the preferences file, maybe something went wrong with the settings on your country? Can you access your preferences file on your device (use iExplorer or whatever is equivalent for your OS) and check this line on the preferences file:

TTS Navigate.Prefix Filter List: to
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:06 pm

McCracken808 wrote:TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?

Say you have a road segment named "to blah". In the past TTS would say "turn right at blah" for that segment.

What is it doing now? "turn right to blah" or "turn right at to blah"? Or did I misunderstand?
WeeeZer14

Postby JohnDoe75 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Made a 45 drive this morning and what a mess :

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Logs send at 12:19 GWT
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 pm

perlin wrote:
JohnDoe75 wrote:Hi

Still problems with pop-ups on iPhone 5

[ img ]

[ img ]

Thanks for reporting. Can you say exactly what kind of popup are these? What do they say (don't understand the language..)?

It's the "need to download Lang pack" at first start. It happens when rotating to landscape. I've reported this one on the beta thread.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mrnewsguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:20 pm

After downloading 3.6 yesterday (iPhone 4S) I was unable to access the Waze network. Each time I force-quit the app from my fast-switch area and restarted it I saw the screen to agree to the terms of use. But the screen would disappear before I could check the "agree" box and move on. So I decided to delete the app and reinstall it. That took care of things. Working normally now.
mrnewsguy

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am

sven-gross wrote:The new road-name-bubbles are great, but can you switch the background to transparent, so you can still see the map behind the bubble.

+1
seriousarsonist

Postby SkodaRunner » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 am

The new road-name-bubbles are great, but can you switch the background to transparent, so you can still see the map behind the bubble.
SkodaRunner

Postby McCracken808 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:51 am

TTS is saying the word "to" when instructing to take a ramp or at grade connection with the word "to" in its' name. Do we need to rename all those segments to reflect the actual road it's leading to?
McCracken808

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 am

Since it was brought up in a beta thread, I think by bgodette, regarding knots-to-km or miles conversion: it still isn't fixed. It remains impossible, as it has since at least 2010 and probably since the first version of Waze with a speedometer was released, that certain speeds will never display in the app. 60mph is one of those values.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:50 am

PhantomSoul wrote:Has anyone else witnessed the early "500 ft" problem in this version? I got a "turn right in 500 ft" prompt earlier today with Waze 3.6 when there was way more than a tenth of a mile left to go. Perhaps it is still mistaking 500 ft for "as soon as you get less than .2 miles away?"

Yes, this bug has not been fixed yet. It is happening as you wrote, due to the code only looking at the 10ths digit: .19 miles and giving the 500ft prompt at that time. Perlin said it would be fixed. But like so many things they say will be fixed, we have no idea when or if it ever will be.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App