iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby AggieJM » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:17 pm

I've had some issues with the Add a Stop function lately in 3.6 as well.

I was on a route last night and added a stop in the middle of the route for fuel. The time to the stop was calculated correctly, but it did not display the correct navigation directions to the fuel stop. The navigation directions appeared to continue on the path to my final destination. As I neared a prompted turn, the time to the stop was recalculated and displayed as the arrival time at my destination. I went past this turn and it recalculated to a new path, but this path also went to my destination and ignored the stop point. The ETA and distance were still showing correct to the stop point, but I was not given navigation instructions to that point.
AT&T iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2
Waze 4.8.0.0 (Crown, AM)
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 pm

davipt wrote:So not discounting that you might really have some problem, for the question you provided "So we're all in agreement that the Add a Stop is completely borked right?", the answer is no, not all agree.

On the other hand maybe you are perfectly right and the Add Stop is completely borked *in the USA*? ;)

Maybe it's a US vs. The World issue, but it's definitely an issue on the US routing server. And I doubt it's client-specific, more likely a problem with the routing server. But it's definitely happening.

I've heard a number of stories from others, and I've told my own. Here is one glaringly obvious example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38078&start=10#p360243
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iJewJitsu » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Maybe it's a US vs. The World issue, but it's definitely an issue on the US routing server. And I doubt it's client-specific, more likely a problem with the routing server. But it's definitely happening.

I've heard a number of stories from others, and I've told my own. Here is one glaringly obvious example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38078&start=10#p360243

I concur. I can't speak to where it isn't an issue, and unfortunately I wasn't able to document cases because I had a lot going on, but:

I just used waze to drive across the country from Southern California through the Southwest on up to South Dakota and across to the Mid Atlantic. It performed beautifully the whole way (obviously, I hit some patches with no data but as I always searched my routes at stops; I was able to even relaunch the app without data when necessary and find a route).

The only times it did NOT perform for me (besides the odd report that wouldn't send from network issues) was whenever I tried to use the "Add A Stop" feature. I have used it flawlessly in the past, but it is most certainly broken in its current state on the US server.
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2
iJewJitsu

Postby seriousarsonist » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 pm

Managed to crash the app! Go me!

Had a message that wasn't showing in messages, tapped the all button and wham!

Logs just sent, it's log 97 of 97

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2 not jail broken
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Postby kpouer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 pm

A minor bug, I don't know if it is new but with Waze 3.6, if I try to share my destination with someone (by mail or sms), but instead of sending the message I cancel, nobody has the link but the sharing mode is enabled anyway. I suppose if you can detect that the message was not sent it should not enable the sharing mode.
Area manager entre Paris et l'Auvergne
Country Manager France
Country Manager Algérie http://www.facebook.com/WazeAlgerie & twitter: http://twitter.com/WazeAlgerie
Country Manager west Africa
kpouer
Coordinators
Coordinators

iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby xd-data-ii » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 am

App is great and like using it but some issues and features missing for me:
I don't know why it only has add one stop. Would like to see the feature have multiple stops.
Useful when mapping and trying to route scenic drives that are not necessarily the fastest or shortest route. ..... And also for multiple stops.

I would also like to see a button next to each road and/or direction in the "all turns" list that allows you to avoid a particular road and route around it instead. Also include the current road in the list. Can be a big help when stuck in traffic and you want to get off and this will stop waze routing you back onto the same road and into the traffic.

Search for locations needs to be vastly improved. Was good when google search was on the list - now it is just terrible and mostly never finds what am looking for without having to be exactly specific and type the whole string of text in.

Traffic bar that shows up after a destination is selected and the route calculated should be in the "your trip" screen also. It should update in real time and should have option to pop/slide up unobtrusively when new traffic conditions ahead are detected.

Custom in-app map color editor would be nice.

Be nice to be able to click on a Facebook friend online and see where they are on the map.

Some features added to sliding the left and right bottom buttons up - rather than just the left or right ones currently. Report button could have customizable quick report when sliding up or anything really that it can be customized to.

If doing a voice command is the location at which it starts automatically saved? I.e if you do a voice command for a hazard report where in the process is the hazard reported. Should be at the point of the voice command feature activated and location saved, just like pressing the report button.

With the share drive screen - would like to see large one-click favorite contact(s) or group of contacts buttons to quickly share to. It's quite dangerous having to type in each name then select the number to repeat contacts to share via message (which I am sure most people do whilst driving).
xd-data-ii

Postby enhket » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:53 am

it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby fvwazing » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 am

The slashed loudspeaker indicates that sound is OFF - the slashed orange wazer indicates that sharing is ON.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby aka_serge » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:30 am

enhket wrote:it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:

I think everyone on vacation :cry:

Отправлено с моего HTC One S через Tapatalk
aka_serge
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

enhket wrote:it has been 45 days since the last version was released. is the new beta/version going to be released any soon? :shock:

Yes, it's planned to be released really soon (in a week or so).
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App