iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby PhantomSoul » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Has anyone else witnessed the early "500 ft" problem in this version? I got a "turn right in 500 ft" prompt earlier today with Waze 3.6 when there was way more than a tenth of a mile left to go. Perhaps it is still mistaking 500 ft for "as soon as you get less than .2 miles away?"
PhantomSoul
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 am

Inconsistent UI: Menu > My Waze > My Nickname does not have a Back button, only a Close button.
WeeeZer14

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 pm

bdcheung wrote:Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.

Already been posted about in other threads. Main->Friends->On the way or using the Destination Bar.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bdcheung » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Foursquare checkin button has disappeared. There is no apparent mechanism to check in via foursquare, even though my account details have been verified in the Social Networks segment of the Settings.
bdcheung

Postby JohnDoe75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:35 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sued-18 wrote:I will say, whilst writing, that the new tilted hazard/traffic pins are an excellent upgrade, much easier to see what side of the road it's on.

I agree! The only remaining issue is posting a hazard for the "other side" of a divided highway/roadway. As of right now, I'm pretty sure that type of hazard will never alert anyone. The good news is the the pin tilt should give a visual indication even if no hazard alert appears.

Or even being able to indicate traffic or police on a street you cross.
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby loadbang » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm

They still haven't fixed voices, distances, map colour scheme, facebook and foursquare login, moods etc resetting to default after updating.

Plenty complaining on Facebook, me included.

:cry:
loadbang

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

sued-18 wrote:I will say, whilst writing, that the new tilted hazard/traffic pins are an excellent upgrade, much easier to see what side of the road it's on.

I agree! The only remaining issue is posting a hazard for the "other side" of a divided highway/roadway. As of right now, I'm pretty sure that type of hazard will never alert anyone. The good news is the the pin tilt should give a visual indication even if no hazard alert appears.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sued-18 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sued-18 wrote:Hi AlanofhteBerg, this purple road name indicator in your photo is what I mean when I said 'large road name sign'

Ah, I see. Well, unfortunately, those signs are something which the majority of Wazers have wanted: a better way to see 1) the name of the road they are currently on, and 2) a better indicator of the next road they will be turning onto. The new name labels accomplish that. However, and this was brought up repeatedly in the beta testing, the manner in which these are displayed needs fixing. There are many examples of poor name placement in the beta testing threads. We hope that Waze will continue to refine this new feature.

Ah yes, I can see how they could be useful.

I will say, whilst writing, that the new tilted hazard/traffic pins are an excellent upgrade, much easier to see what side of the road it's on.

Thanks.
sued-18

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

sued-18 wrote:Hi AlanofhteBerg, this purple road name indicator in your photo is what I mean when I said 'large road name sign'

Ah, I see. Well, unfortunately, those signs are something which the majority of Wazers have wanted: a better way to see 1) the name of the road they are currently on, and 2) a better indicator of the next road they will be turning onto. The new name labels accomplish that. However, and this was brought up repeatedly in the beta testing, the manner in which these are displayed needs fixing. There are many examples of poor name placement in the beta testing threads. We hope that Waze will continue to refine this new feature.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sued-18 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:General display bug/issue

I have seen this happen at this location every day for years, but never bothered to report it because it is minor. However, I don't understand how it happens.

The road segment in question is here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=40457442

In the app, when driving along this road, the personal indicator (arrow) has never tracked on the road itself. Never. Ever.

Now, with the new purple route road name indicators, I see that they too are offset from the road location. There is a lack of GPS arrows on that segment despite the fact that I and several other Wazers drive this street every day.

How is this happening?

Hi AlanofhteBerg, this purple road name indicator in your photo is what I mean when I said 'large road name sign'

For others, I have already 'reported' this in another thread, so I will copy my post here:

Downloaded the update/version 3.6 tonight. I found the large road name signs obscured my highlighted route.

It was ok tonight because I know my route home - I just use it to rack up points but if I am driving somewhere new, my highlighted route will be covered with the larger road sign, and I like to see my intended route before I get to it to ensure I know if I have to turn off the main road, for example, without having to brake suddenly.

Would be useful if we could switch these larger signs off, or have them tweaked so they don't obscure your route, that they place themselves elsewhere on the screen.

Thanks
sued-18

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App