iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:12 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).

I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.

I had a problem with the add a stop feature a few days ago. Same behavior as before. I think it's safe to say it isn't fixed.

I also would prefer a return to the softer tone.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 am

sketch wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I've used the Add A Stop feature a few times in recent weeks and had no problem with it. A couple of short trips and one long trip (40+ miles with a stop about 1/2 way).

I also tried the "add a stop" and it appeared to work much better from nearly the same spot as when I first reported it was broken.

As for the trumpets, my wife hates the trumpet and barely put up with the softer tone we have had for months. I hope the softer tones come back.

I had a problem with the add a stop feature a few days ago. Same behavior as before. I think it's safe to say it isn't fixed.

We're still working on it.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby umopapisdn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm

iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

i was hoping this would solve my problems, but to no avail. i uninstalled winterboard and it hung on a little longer but it eventually crashed back to springboard.

i had been running the latest beta (3.5.99.9) on iOS 6.1 and decided i wanted to update to 3.6.0. that's when the problem started. i tried safe mode, tried deleting and re-installing, i've tried downgrading to 3.5, re-loading 3.5.99.9, and now finally i'm back to 3.6. i've tried respringing, rebooting, hard-rebooting... i don't know what to do, and i need to travel in the next hour or so. reinstalling iOS is NOT an option right now.

Waze is the ONLY app i'm having this problem with. any new ideas?
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Southern Indiana, and a few other random locales.
ImageImage
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby davipt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:15 pm

umopapisdn wrote:
iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.

i was hoping this would solve my problems, but to no avail. i uninstalled winterboard and it hung on a little longer but it eventually crashed back to springboard.

I can also confirm my device is jailbroken so I can run the beta on the new device (iPhone 5, the UDID was for my older iPhone 4) and I've only enabled ssh and installed some app that installed the appsync library but then removed the app (something that would allow to download cracked apps, which I don't care). Never crashed anything. The only additional app I've installed and gave me problems (but not crashes) is the app that tries to extend the screen size of old apps into the iPhone5 screen size, but the keyboard was most of the times at the wrong place and besides wouldn't interfere with iphone5 resized apps like waze.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby cmezriczky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 am

I have some Feedback on 3.6:

-Get rid of animated Windows. They only produce load to the device without being a real feature. If you got a lot of windows opening the same time, the device is no longer very reactive or crashes. Quick reaction on Inputs is a safety relevant feature, since inputs distract from driving and the shorter the distraction the better...
-Stability when entering routes: Very frequent Crashes when entering a destination (Probably when Waze tries to suggest a destination at the same time you enter a different one)
-Better UI for adjusting Mute all, Mute Warnings, Mute directions.
-Prefered Routes no longer work.
cmezriczky

Postby umopapisdn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 pm

umopapisdn wrote:

i had been running the latest beta (3.5.99.9) on iOS 6.1 and decided i wanted to update to 3.6.0. that's when the problem started. i tried safe mode, tried deleting and re-installing, i've tried downgrading to 3.5, re-loading 3.5.99.9, and now finally i'm back to 3.6. i've tried respringing, rebooting, hard-rebooting... i don't know what to do, and i need to travel in the next hour or so. reinstalling iOS is NOT an option right now.

worthy to note: I'm still getting waze notifications in notification center. at some level, the app is functioning.
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Southern Indiana, and a few other random locales.
ImageImage
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:26 pm

cmezriczky wrote:I have some Feedback on 3.6:

-Get rid of animated Windows. They only produce load to the device without being a real feature. If you got a lot of windows opening the same time, the device is no longer very reactive or crashes. Quick reaction on Inputs is a safety relevant feature, since inputs distract from driving and the shorter the distraction the better...
-Stability when entering routes: Very frequent Crashes when entering a destination (Probably when Waze tries to suggest a destination at the same time you enter a different one)
-Better UI for adjusting Mute all, Mute Warnings, Mute directions.
-Prefered Routes no longer work.

Thanks for your feedback, we'll take your comments under consideration.
The upcoming version will include stability fixes and a new control button for adjusting sounds.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby ValMac35 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 am

When using the Waze App on my iPhone 3S, Western Australian suburb names seem to be randomly displayed; only occasionally are they correct. The position of the suburb names bears no relation to their true locations. For example the map often seems to show that I am in Kings Park. This park is close to the city center, not several miles to the east where I am normally driving. The same happens with other inner city suburb names too.
ValMac35

Postby orbitc » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Watch the guided tour -----> video won't play

I've tried many things to get this video working, but no luck...

I get this instead:
Uh-oh!
Video could not start

Any ideas?
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

orbitc wrote:Watch the guided tour -----> video won't play

I've tried many things to get this video working, but no luck...

I get this instead:
Uh-oh!
Video could not start

Any ideas?

I got it to start, but then it would play for a second and pause. It did that repeatedly. I don't know if it was because of a slow Internet connection or what.

Via my iPhone 4S.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App