iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iPhone 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby JohnDoe75 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi

Still problems with pop-ups on iPhone 5

[ img ]

[ img ]
JohnDoe75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Fri May 24, 2013 3:32 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:...early "500 ft" problem ...

Yes, this bug has not been fixed yet. It is happening as you wrote, due to the code only looking at the 10ths digit: .19 miles and giving the 500ft prompt at that time.

Waze also currently fails to give you a voice prompt for the next turn after recalculating a route when that turn is less than ~500 ft away.

Is that because 0.1 mile is 528 feet, so Waze does not consider it? Seems to be the case. Does that mean it is fixed along with the 500 ft bug in the current beta?

I know it might be a little late for all this, but I'm currently out of the beta process (new phone) and I don't wanna forget this stuff by the time the next release's thread is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xd-data-ii » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 am

App is great and like using it but some issues and features missing for me:
I don't know why it only has add one stop. Would like to see the feature have multiple stops.
Useful when mapping and trying to route scenic drives that are not necessarily the fastest or shortest route. ..... And also for multiple stops.

I would also like to see a button next to each road and/or direction in the "all turns" list that allows you to avoid a particular road and route around it instead. Also include the current road in the list. Can be a big help when stuck in traffic and you want to get off and this will stop waze routing you back onto the same road and into the traffic.

Search for locations needs to be vastly improved. Was good when google search was on the list - now it is just terrible and mostly never finds what am looking for without having to be exactly specific and type the whole string of text in.

Traffic bar that shows up after a destination is selected and the route calculated should be in the "your trip" screen also. It should update in real time and should have option to pop/slide up unobtrusively when new traffic conditions ahead are detected.

Custom in-app map color editor would be nice.

Be nice to be able to click on a Facebook friend online and see where they are on the map.

Some features added to sliding the left and right bottom buttons up - rather than just the left or right ones currently. Report button could have customizable quick report when sliding up or anything really that it can be customized to.

If doing a voice command is the location at which it starts automatically saved? I.e if you do a voice command for a hazard report where in the process is the hazard reported. Should be at the point of the voice command feature activated and location saved, just like pressing the report button.

With the share drive screen - would like to see large one-click favorite contact(s) or group of contacts buttons to quickly share to. It's quite dangerous having to type in each name then select the number to repeat contacts to share via message (which I am sure most people do whilst driving).
xd-data-ii

Postby fvwazing » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:01 pm

orbitc wrote:what is the link for the latest beta download link
Thanks.

If you are part of the beta-test-group you will have that knowledge. If you are not in that group yet - you are pretty much out of luck, it has a limited size.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 am

[ img ]
Empty eventtype?
fvwazing

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

voytech wrote:The iPhone client no longer alerts of police and other road hazards when the spoken guidance is muted. This was very helpful when going to work where I know the route but I still want to be alerted of police.

As noted in this thread and elsewhere, mute now mutes all.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fvwazing » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:53 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Since it was brought up in a beta thread, I think by bgodette, regarding knots-to-km or miles conversion: it still isn't fixed. It remains impossible, as it has since at least 2010 and probably since the first version of Waze with a speedometer was released, that certain speeds will never display in the app. 60mph is one of those values.

Not fixing this will definitely render every attempt to implement those average-speed-cameras futile.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Haven't seen this one mentioned yet:
Aspect ratio of buttons changes. Yes, it is cosmetic, but annoying nevertheless.
[ img ]

[ img ]

Also cosmetic and annoying is the jump in the splashscreen, that makes the topcorners broken:
[ img ]
fvwazing

Postby Scorp42 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 pm

iPhone 4
iOS 6.1.1
Waze 3.6 AppStore

I've been having issues with waze connecting to my appradio. To fix it, I have to go into settings and disable support, restart app, then enable it and again restart app. Didn't have this issue in beta. Also, scrolling doesn't work with appradio on the 'moods' screen.

Finally, had 4 app crashes in a row. Debug logs uploaded at 5:08pm and 5:12pm eastern time.
Scorp42

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Not sure if it's client related or my operator (O2) but I have had lots of searching network since the RC and official release. Another thing is lots if weird routing, couldn't get any screen caps though. Could be a server side or map issue but has only started since the new clients.

Logs randomly sent as there's been a few short and long drives

Pip

NI area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
seriousarsonist

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App