Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby z37a » Mon May 27, 2013 10:31 am

I have a HTC One X, and the same problem, when I start the application it closes, I find no record, try uninstalling some applications and enhancements, but did not work.
z37a

Postby YtwoL » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am

danohi wrote:Did this release cause us to lose the ability to delete a favorite? Would love to gain that back, as will as the ability to sort the favorites like the Iphone folks.

i found that favorites are still able to delete.. if you go to 'navigate' then 'favorites' then the 'blue info icon to the right' of the favorite.. there's a 'remove' button there..
but I think this is referring to navigation history that is unable to delete.. it shows an 'add' button instead..
YtwoL

Postby Yoyo-42 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:39 am

Autourdupc wrote:This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

If I start a podcast player (beyondpod on a Samsung i9300 running jellybean) then start waze, on startup the podcast player stops completely and I have to pop out of waze to restart it.

This is a recent change, it worked before and didn't interrupt the podcast except when speaking.

I usually have voice muted anyway.
Yoyo-42

Postby X-Files-Mulder » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I've been using the app daily for about 4 months now, and for the most part I really like it.
Some feedback:
1 - I really, really, REALLY want to see the traffic status (road speed) updated much more frequently. I've noticed it takes a REALLY long time before the freeways show traffic, even when I'm sitting in very heavy traffic. Unfortunately, I've found the app is not very useful for deciding on whether a particular route has a lot of traffic the way it works now. I regularly see half a dozen or more Wazer's reports of traffic, but the display shows full speed. Not terribly helpful for a traffic app.
2 - You need a "report vehicle stopped in road" option! Seen this several times and no way to report.

Thank you!
X-Files-Mulder

Postby whatever2015 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

BUGS:
when approaching destination (im in the USA)
it speaks approaching destination and a popup comes up about the gps signal was lost.

when i choose add a stop, it doesn't search for places on the route when I use the search box it searches for places around me. I have to choose a category for it to look for places along the route
whatever2015

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I'll assume the logic is that if you can't drive on a road at all, Waze will never see traffic and think it is fine. But if you CAN drive on a road and you get stuck, Waze can see that traffic.

That said, being able to report a point of no return would be good. Following the apparent turn restriction type logic it seems to be using, maybe it can restrict the turn that you took to get to the point at which you are now stuck.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14

Postby Wajo357 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:24 pm

khaytsus wrote:
VernL4 wrote:Installation went just fine... However, I've noticed a few problems.
2. Nearby reports are still not popping up when I am sitting still.

Tom

2 - I'm beginning to think this was intentional and not coming back. Maybe so they can show more ads and crash Waze every time you stop....................

2 - The new version does not overload users with alerts in the area. It now only shows alerts on your route. You'll notice these new 'route' alerts will say how many minutes further into your route you will get to the alert.

The zoom-out and zoom-in is part of the old functionality, where Waze would zoom out, show nearby alerts and then zoom in when you start moving. However, now that there are no nearby alerts, if there are no route alerts, Waze will do a quick zoom-out and zoom-in. The developers are aware that they have to fix it, but claim it isn't trivial and may take some time.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

jdeyoung wrote:Can't remember if I've seen this before or not.
Yesterday I received the popup "Waze has found a better" route SEVERAL times with no ETA change and no change to the next direction.
Time saved was "blank".
Eventually I got a message to exit the highway and re-enter - but still with no time saved - no change in ETA to home.

Same here, but it stopped after like 10 minutes and never happened after that. I think it was a server issue.
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Even though I don't use foursquare, I'm going to ask it because I know it will come eventually. Did the feature go away or is it hidden somewhere else?
Wajo357

Postby vkopp » Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi,

Something updated a few days ago changed the location services... I thought that only waze had problems but my google now and google maps were not working properly on my HTC One. (it said that the location was turned off even though it was on). Also on sense, the weather app was not updating my city.

I have done a factory reset last night and everything is working well now. I think that is the quickest fix...
vkopp

Next

Return to Waze App