Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Waze Eats CPU after close!

Postby mrpete » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 am

I have been running the Watchdog app for a long time. Waze never showed up as a CPU suspect until the last few days.

Now I've got a very strange situation: I properly exited Waze with no errors. Yet it continues to eat up 50-60 percent of the CPU, forever!

I see that others are having battery drain problems since the new version of Waze came out... but they don't suspect Waze because they have exited.

Looks to me like there's a real issue here. Waze is not really closing, and/or some kind of Waze-owned subprocess continues to eat CPU after exit.

Is there any way to help debug this?

BTW, an effective yet painful workaround is to reboot after using Waze.
mrpete
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Re: Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

petervdveen wrote:
perlin wrote:Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).

I guess you know deeggo is not a low rank user, but a very high rank user.
Also his house is not on a freeway 8-)

Thanks Peter, that's correct indeed. :-)
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 pm

darkneon wrote:
foxitrot wrote:When no network is available, the bottom ETA box is completely overlaid with "Looking for network to give you a more precise ETA etc." - indefinitely.

While i'd appreciate it, in the mean time at least a flip-flop between this message and the "wrong" ETA would be nice.

It should switch to the normal status bar if you press it once

When I checked today, it did. But some two days ago (while being abroad with roaming data switched off, if it matters) always the Events list popped up instead, which should I close to get a map with ETA.

Anyway, the imprecise ETA could be displayed some other way, or the reminder could appear occasionally, or shortly at the beginning, but not constantly unless clicked off - as a navigated driver, I'm interested in the times, not the reminder about a missing network connection (which appears anyway, in red, at the upper Waze display part).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Nacron » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 am

darkneon wrote:
Nacron wrote:Reinstalled beta, traffic colours work, something was changed between the last beta and play store release that borked it.
[ img ]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Try a clean install: delete Waze beta then download from play store

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

Tried multiple times, force close, clear data, uninstall, restart, reinstall. Same

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby foxitrot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am

pvaladares wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Yesterday I've seen the map not being 'centered around the car symbol'. Although the map view was weirdly rotated (some 100 degrees clockwise), the aiming circle remained hidden. I've seen this already many times.

If you hit the 'back' hard button it should restore view.

I know, you know ;) but not everyone does. The point is, it "smells buggy" - an unusual client behavior that "needs fix".
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CrackedLCD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 am

Mike-1323 wrote:D'oh!! I was getting 'GPS.Show GPS' confused with 'GPS.Show coordinates'. :oops: That preferences file needs some organizing. :D

Show coordinates works for me, Show GPS doesn't do anything. I can get the coordinates to appear on the top of the screen. It's the small arrow that doesn't show up. It would be very useful to have an indicator of where the actual coordinates are instead of the 'locked on road' position where waze places the car icon.

That's strange. I turned on Show GPS and it works fine for me. I get a little hard to see yellow arrow. It didn't really dawn on me how useful it was until one day I was in a bank drive-thru but my car was still appearing to be in the alleyway behind the building. Then I saw where the arrow was showing the precise location and Waze had just snapped me to the road.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:45 pm

D'oh!! I was getting 'GPS.Show GPS' confused with 'GPS.Show coordinates'. :oops: That preferences file needs some organizing. :D

Show coordinates works for me, Show GPS doesn't do anything. I can get the coordinates to appear on the top of the screen. It's the small arrow that doesn't show up. It would be very useful to have an indicator of where the actual coordinates are instead of the 'locked on road' position where waze places the car icon.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby pvaladares » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

foxitrot wrote:Yesterday I've seen the map not being 'centered around the car symbol'. Although the map view was weirdly rotated (some 100 degrees clockwise), the aiming circle remained hidden. I've seen this already many times.
[ img ]

If you hit the 'back' hard button it should restore view.
pvaladares

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:53 am

Kuhlkatz wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:I've toggled this in several of the beta and app store versions and have never seen the coordinates displayed. I keep trying it in the hope that it will actually do something.

When you have a GPS lock, the coordinates should be shown in the top status line as in the screenshot.
The GPS.Show GPS is likely more useful for a visual cue as to where Waze is tracking you vs your coordinates, also visible as the small triangle near the car icon in the screenshot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

The triangle can be turned on separately by this line in preferences:

GPS.Show GPS: yes
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 am

Mike-1323 wrote:I've toggled this in several of the beta and app store versions and have never seen the coordinates displayed. I keep trying it in the hope that it will actually do something.

When you have a GPS lock, the coordinates should be shown in the top status line as in the screenshot.
The GPS.Show GPS is likely more useful for a visual cue as to where Waze is tracking you vs your coordinates, also visible as the small triangle near the car icon in the screenshot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Next

Return to Waze App