Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am

CrackedLCD wrote:Speaking of petrol prices, can we please do something about how hard it is to select fuel prices when updating them? I've found that even with both hands on the phone and all my attention, I often have trouble selecting entry boxes to plug in prices.... This looks like a simple fix and it would greatly enhance the usability of the prices option.

I agree, it's indeed hard to select the price boxes and it actually requires a few taps (not only with chubby fingers..). We'll improve it.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby a4bolek » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am

darkneon wrote:This Bug is a major issue and a year old! People will quit Waze for this type of mistakes! This intersection has been reviewed multiple times by different AM's

Send from my GT-N7000 running stock 4.1.2 using Tapatalk.

I have one of those on may way home. It's an error in routing algorithm not the client. There used to be an option in the client called "Minimize Turns". It worked, then it was completely ignored then removed. It is supposedly built into the routing algorithm. No, it is not.

Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-12-44.jpg
Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-12-44.jpg (75.12 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1
a4bolek

Postby Kuhlkatz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:14 pm

a4bolek wrote:I have one of those on may way home. It's an error in routing algorithm not the client. There used to be an option in the client called "Minimize Turns". It worked, then it was completely ignored then removed. It is supposedly built into the routing algorithm. No, it is not.

Those specific intersections have some reverse connectivity and the named segment of Village View Parkway is not unnamed & below 15m for NA ( 10m for ROTW ) as per suggestions to avoid u-turns.

You can also explicitly set the turn restrictions on this to avoid u-turns if not allowed, as it's just a single sided segment, not a road crossing the dualed section of N Shiloh Rd both sides.
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby deeggo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Had a force close and also a frozen client several times when searching for a nearby gas station to report prices. This happened every time when doing:
1 start up the client while on the gas station
2 directly dismiss the popup asking you to report gas prices cause you're near a gas station
3 tap Report / Gas prices. Crash or freeze

Logs sent at 14:25 and 15:28 GMT+1 today. Reproducible.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Does the "Never ask me again" checkbox on the fuel prices popup actually do ANYTHING? Every time that damn popup has appeared, I've ticked the box and then either closed the popup with the X, or left it to time out and close by itself. Every time. In other words, despite having (apparently) done what the UI design indicates is required to tell Waze not to ask me again, Waze keeps on asking me again. And again. And again. Just stop, please...
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Something else that crossed my mind during my drive to work this morning - the new angled hazard markers are a welcome change to the old markers for some types of report, but there are times when you need to be able to report a hazard that's applicable to both directions (e.g. the failed traffic lights that I encountered this morning...), so could the my side/other side reporting option be extended to include a "both sides" setting as well?
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Twister_UK wrote:Does the "Never ask me again" checkbox on the fuel prices popup actually do ANYTHING? Every time that damn popup has appeared, I've ticked the box and then either closed the popup with the X, or left it to time out and close by itself. Every time. In other words, despite having (apparently) done what the UI design indicates is required to tell Waze not to ask me again, Waze keeps on asking me again. And again. And again. Just stop, please...

Selecting this option ("Never ask me again") from the popup doesn't work (we'll fix it!), but if you select it from the settings (Gas Stations & Prices) it will work (won't pop again).
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby PopeJay » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jay185 wrote:i just did. i did the 2##2, it went to debug mode, reproduced the problem and sent the logs through the waze app. is that right?

Yes! (Nice work!) Post the date/time you uploaded so Perlin can connect the logs with the issue.

Tapatalk made me do it.

i did it when i replied. should be before Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am
PopeJay

Postby perlin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 am

deeggo wrote:Had a force close and also a frozen client several times when searching for a nearby gas station to report prices. This happened every time when doing:
1 start up the client while on the gas station
2 directly dismiss the popup asking you to report gas prices cause you're near a gas station
3 tap Report / Gas prices. Crash or freeze

Logs sent at 14:25 and 15:28 GMT+1 today. Reproducible.

Thanks! We'll fix it.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby foxitrot » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 am

I've sampled numerous screenshots of user info windows. On one piece of hardware, they are being populated with two different text (or font?) sizes just a few seconds apart and upon rotating portrait <-> landscape, the texts are cropped in two different ways (even with the same font size, or possibly of previously being rendered with different font sizes).
SC20130312-070200_.png
SC20130312-070200_.png (108.88 KiB) Viewed 2700 times

In one case I've even got an empty user info popup - possibly the wazer's icon has just disappeared (not among the random set of 20 or 40 wazers anymore), but the client omitted to keep this particular one in-memory (for the already open info window) - sounds rather like a caught exception :roll: instead of correctly cached data - apparently the info's underlying user data is being re-read during the display rotation.
SC20130306-164400_.png
SC20130306-164400_.png (62.01 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Last edited by foxitrot on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added compiled screenshots and comments
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App