Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby Kuhlkatz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 am

Keihin wrote:When initiating a drive daytime, the auto mode does not manage to switch to night mode when the sun sets.

I don't see it mentioned in this thread if I search , but it will switch only if Waze is started within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset. It was acknowledged in the beta threads and Perlin did say it will be discussed with the developers for possible change in an upcoming version.

As asked, could you verify if the recent change for daylight savings in most countries affected this, or is the 30 minutes still valid?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby davipt » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:31 am

Keihin wrote:A bug I just confirmed with my colleague:

When initiating a drive daytime, the auto mode does not manage to switch to night mode when the sun sets. A restart of Waze is needed.

We both have LG Nexus 4 running stock Android 4.2.2

Did it "stop" switching to night mode since the day of the daylight savings hour change?
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Keihin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 am

A bug I just confirmed with my colleague:

When initiating a drive daytime, the auto mode does not manage to switch to night mode when the sun sets. A restart of Waze is needed.

We both have LG Nexus 4 running stock Android 4.2.2
Keihin
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby porubcan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Another app hang while loading list of nearby stations for prices report

App got unresponsive in this state:
uploadfromtaptalk1365099748256.jpg
(100.76 KiB) Downloaded 2091 times

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby lunarplexus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:49 pm

More repeated crashes between 1915 and 1925 on 31st March and then again at 0103 today (1st april). Logs uploaded from 0107 to 0110 hrs today. (all times at +5:30 Gmt)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk 2
lunarplexus

Postby porubcan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
davipt wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:A new planet discovered by Waze

Yes it's called "Android GPS API returns coordinates 0,0 to the client when it can't find GPS signal". Foursquare also from time to time have a venue called something like "The lost world of broken Androids".

Go outside, get a GPS fix, and you'll be back to earth (the small letter, non-water version)

Very strange... I was outside, just coming back home, and Waze was running perfectly. Suddendly a new icon appears on the screen, I tap on it and... teleportation to the new world !

That's what happen often when you tap pink "nearby wazer" icon. It was reported many times for several beta versions but still not fixed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Voice command have never worked well for me so I disable them. Every version I turn on voice commands for a couple days and end up getting frustrated with it so shut it off. My experience with this version wasn't any worse than any of the previous versions (not noticeably better either).
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby barrysachais4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm

My experience is the same in that the voice commands being recognized is a hit or miss affair.

While not related to the voice command issue there is a voice direction that is quite funny. Whenever I am directed to go left around a round-about the voice says what sounds like "pigna left at the ..."
Hearing that always puts a smile on my voice; however, something is wrong. And no it's not my hearing that's wrong. :D
barrysachais4

Postby MrDiors » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm so surprised nobody but me report the problem with voice command. So how's everyone doing in reporting the events?

I tried with my bluetooth earphone and without both, somehow the app always try to pick up the voice command through the phone's mic, which basically got overwhelmed by the regular road noise while driving. It's always a hit or miss, and 90% of the time, it would not recognize my full command no matter how loudly I shouted. I feel very unsafe if I have to tap on screens to report anything while driving.
MrDiors

Postby autourdupc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 am

davipt wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:A new planet discovered by Waze

Yes it's called "Android GPS API returns coordinates 0,0 to the client when it can't find GPS signal". Foursquare also from time to time have a venue called something like "The lost world of broken Androids".

Go outside, get a GPS fix, and you'll be back to earth (the small letter, non-water version)

Very strange... I was outside, just coming back home, and Waze was running perfectly. Suddendly a new icon appears on the screen, I tap on it and... teleportation to the new world !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App