Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi!
Seems that app internal routing doesn't honor parking and private roads penalties.

If I use Live Map or Waze routing server -- they both plan a route around the private road. But when I have no internet connection (i.e. airplane mode), my app navigates me through this private road.

I have the same issue with Parking Lot roads. Could anyone please confirm this? If it's a bug, how to I report it?

Thanks in advance!
berestovskyy

Postby black_gis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm

When will be there new versions or beta apps? Nothing recognized for a long time??? Will be there new betas or even final versions. What is about the rumors about a new beta platform?

LG Richard.
Area Manager: Salzburg City (AT), Nußdorf (Village) (AT)
Wazing with: Samsung Galaxy S4 black editon, Android 5.0.1
AT-Wiki|AT-Wiki INTL|AT-Naming and level of streets|How Waze is calculating routes|Beta Wazer
black_gis

Postby deeggo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:20 pm

blue_tornadoo wrote:When will be there new versions or beta apps? Nothing recognized for a long time??? Will be there new betas or even final versions. What is about the rumors about a new beta platform?

LG Richard.

I hope they keep their focus on more important things for a while, like the routing and the infrastructure stability. New moods can wait :lol:
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby black_gis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:32 pm

That's true, but aren't the answers i am looking for! :?
Area Manager: Salzburg City (AT), Nußdorf (Village) (AT)
Wazing with: Samsung Galaxy S4 black editon, Android 5.0.1
AT-Wiki|AT-Wiki INTL|AT-Naming and level of streets|How Waze is calculating routes|Beta Wazer
black_gis

Postby foxitrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:04 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Seems that app internal routing doesn't honor parking and private roads penalties.

If I use Live Map or Waze routing server -- they both plan a route around the private road. But when I have no internet connection (i.e. airplane mode), my app navigates me through this private road.

I have the same issue with Parking Lot roads. Could anyone please confirm this?

From (not only) my experience the client produces a totally different, incomparable route, with many confusing turn/keep/continue/exit left/right/straight commands not obeying the segment connection angles, possibly also the segment types and properties, etc. Prior to being aware of it, I've made a couple of rides with two identical clients side-by-side, one online, one offline - :o :shock: IIRC many segment properties are available just to the routing servers. But which?

berestovskyy wrote:If it's a bug, how to I report it?

Actually it should be sufficient to report such bug here. It will then flow to some bug tracking system... and that was it?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: App crashes on startup

Postby ekngee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:09 am

Apologies if I'm going to annoy anyone.

I started experiencing this since this morning. Before today everything was working fine.

The app would load into the map, but whenever I would swipe to start navigation or prompt for my favourite locations (like Home or Work), it will crash (go back to launcher).

So I re-installed the app, and this time, after pressing "Next" at the license agreement, the app would crash again.

Anyone knows what's wrong?

btw, I'm running on ParanoidAndroid 3.15 ROM (28 Mar build) with franco v372 kernel.
tested on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ekngee

Crashing when stopped

Postby olorin2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello All:

I posted about this issue in a separate thread, but then came across multiple posts in the feedback thread about the same issue. Is it still a known issue? These were from over a month ago, so I wasn't sure. Waze is crashing when stopping at a light, as well as when I go into Scoreboard, Groups, etc. I'm using a Motorola Razr Maxx HD, running JB 4.1.2. This problem never occurred on my HTC Thunderbolt running Honeycomb. So is this software-related or maybe a hardware problem? I did notice one other user that also had a Moto Razr Maxx HD with this issue. Just wanted to bring it to light again, since this particular problem does not appear to be affecting the majority of users.

khaytsus wrote:Getting really sick of the client crashing at every stop from ads. Really, really sick of it.

Sent dozens of logs both in client and android reports.

CMSFL70 wrote:Crashing problem still exists. When coming to a stop Waze crashes. (I have sent multiple logs.)
Trying to access scoreboard produces a crash.

CrackedLCD wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Will do. Every time it crashes. Every single time from here out.

Sorry it's crashing, but glad to see a few more people are having this issue besides me. It's been doing it every since I got my new phone w/ Jelly Bean.

It's definitely the ads. When the ads go away, so does the crashing.

CrackedLCD wrote:
khaytsus wrote:I suspect if you saw no crashes it didn't try to load any ads. That is why it crashes at "every stoplight".

Right. I suspect there's a radius setting at work and if you're way out from the nearest advertiser's pushpin location, you won't see ads. I can go out in the boonies and the issue goes away.

Right now the only way to avoid the crashes, in my experience, are to either a) keep doing something in Waze (like gas prices or paging through the menus) to keep it occupied, or b) turn off the screen when you come to a stop.

There's also a third way but it involves editing the preferences file and I'm hesitant to share it in the forums because I don't want Waze removing the workaround just to force everyone to see ads (and cause our crashes).

ghostridetheWhip wrote:Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1 - Stock OS

Waze still crashes about 80% of the time when I stop at an intersection.
    Waze still crashes when accessing messages in the inbox (though the actual Inbox menu loads and is stable) and the "Ask a Question" menu.. AS WELL AS All of the following menus: My Waze > "My Specials", "Scoreboard", and "Groups"
    On occasion, Waze crashes while trying to reopen after sending feedback from a prior crash.

I do not use social media w/ Waze thus cannot comment on their functionality.

Interesting enough I have this app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and NONE of the aforementioned issues are present in either of these two phones.

Secondly, I have cleared the cache and performed "clean installs" of Waze on the Galaxy Nexus only to experience the same issues. Unfortunately, Waze has become too unstable and not to mention unsafe for me to reopen every 2 minutes while I'm driving. This upsets me as I have endured through these issues for the past few major updates and have not seen the matters been resolved. I used to love using Waze every day; it has helped me become more credible.

I hope maybe I can retain my credibility even without my precious Waze.
olorin2

Postby skbun » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:02 am

Really odd problem earlier. Clicked on an ad for Jack in the Box, and hit its 'info' button on the popup. (It had a listed special, FWIW.) On backing out of the ad, back to the main map, the map displayed in 2D/direct overhead even though the setting in preferences is for 3D. Changing that setting in user settings back and forth had no effect. Exiting and restarting the app fixed the problem. Was reproducible. Debug logs sent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby a4bolek » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm

skbun wrote:Really odd problem earlier. Clicked on an ad for Jack in the Box, and hit its 'info' button on the popup. (It had a listed special, FWIW.) On backing out of the ad, back to the main map, the map displayed in 2D/direct overhead even though the setting in preferences is for 3D. Changing that setting in user settings back and forth had no effect. Exiting and restarting the app fixed the problem. Was reproducible. Debug logs sent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have mentioned this issue several times during beta. Perlin could not reproduce and subject was dropped.

Here is link to my post: viewtopic.php?f=373&t=35301&p=327022&hilit=over+zoomed#p327022
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.5.0.1
a4bolek

Postby autourdupc » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:20 pm

When there is an accident, there is no blue highlight to indicate the location on the map !
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App