Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby vernl4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:36 pm

khaytsus wrote:2 - I'm beginning to think this was intentional and not coming back. Maybe so they can show more ads and crash Waze every time you stop....................

I have no problem with ads. I understand they need to make money, but how about traffic reports after an ad? I also have to ask, why does my screen start to zoom out likes it's going to show something, freeze, then zoom back in? Seems like some sort of glitch to me...

Tom
vernl4
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby vernl4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Installation went just fine... However, I've noticed a few problems.

1. This morning I told Waze I was going to work. I added a stop, but when I got to the stop, navigation stopped and my route was cleared, that's new... :?:

2. Nearby reports are still not popping up when I am sitting still.

3. It now appears that the location of other Wazers is not being updated. I saw a wazer on my screen, and thirty minutes later I zoomed out to look around, and that user was still displayed in the same location.

Tom
vernl4
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby usa_sldgjple » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 am

The loss of the foursquare check-in is pivotal to me. Without it, Waze has lost much of it's functionality for me.
usa_sldgjple

Postby ultragreg » Mon May 27, 2013 4:10 pm

z37a wrote:I have a HTC One X, and the same problem, when I start the application it closes, I find no record, try uninstalling some applications and enhancements, but did not work.

I hope the 3.7 will solve this bug.
For me, Waze stops and starts more than 10 times, on a 10km route. It is very annoying...

(For me Xperia Pro (MK16i))
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ultragreg » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Maybe already said but :

- The reporting of Closure events does not work very well. It does not stay more 12h (max) on the map, whereas the road is still closed, nobody can drive on it.
For example this segment, which I have reported 3-4 times, and the next day, the closure event have disappeared.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.34 ... s=62085653

- Some roads, which are totally closed for roadworks since more 1 months, still generate Map Problem, which say something is missing. It is not possible that someone can drive on this direction since one month, even on foot.
Example :
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.41 ... ,194550400
I think some checks with the dates of user drives sould be done, and it is perhaps the same problem with the Closure Events problem. Some client must send their logs several days after their drives... It is a supposition.

- Some speed cameras are present on the road, but no popup on the clients (before the 3.6, since november 2012 I could say). Level 5 have made a lot of change, re-create them, but no one has worked...
Example :
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.39 ... as=1968531
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.41 ... as=1716075
And some events (like Police Events) seems not reported on the sreen around these areas, when we drive toward them (no popup and no audio reporting, but logo is present on the map, and the event is correctly reported on the itinerary screen). This happened 2 times for me.
Last edited by ultragreg on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ultragreg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 am

johngilbert65 wrote:I've been using the app daily for about 4 months now, and for the most part I really like it.
Some feedback:
1 - I really, really, REALLY want to see the traffic status (road speed) updated much more frequently. I've noticed it takes a REALLY long time before the freeways show traffic, even when I'm sitting in very heavy traffic. Unfortunately, I've found the app is not very useful for deciding on whether a particular route has a lot of traffic the way it works now. I regularly see half a dozen or more Wazer's reports of traffic, but the display shows full speed. Not terribly helpful for a traffic app.
2 - You need a "report vehicle stopped in road" option! Seen this several times and no way to report.

Thank you!

Totally agree with you.

Waze does not always offer an alternative when there is a lot of traffic on a road. Next my home, I have a freeway and a primary street, which are parallel. When the Freeway have traffic (<20km/h), Waze never propose me to take the Primary street, it always suggests to take the freeway...
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby ultragreg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am

A lot of crashes with this version on Sony Xperia Pro. (Android 4.0.4)
The application often shuts down for no reason...
Sometimes is when I open the physical keyboard.
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Something else that crossed my mind during my drive to work this morning - the new angled hazard markers are a welcome change to the old markers for some types of report, but there are times when you need to be able to report a hazard that's applicable to both directions (e.g. the failed traffic lights that I encountered this morning...), so could the my side/other side reporting option be extended to include a "both sides" setting as well?
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris...)
L4 AM SE England & Shetland Islands / WME Beta Tester / Script Writer
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Does the "Never ask me again" checkbox on the fuel prices popup actually do ANYTHING? Every time that damn popup has appeared, I've ticked the box and then either closed the popup with the X, or left it to time out and close by itself. Every time. In other words, despite having (apparently) done what the UI design indicates is required to tell Waze not to ask me again, Waze keeps on asking me again. And again. And again. Just stop, please...

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Twister-UK » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I swear 3.6 is trying to send me insane - every time I'd like to be able to rotate the map view to an arbitrary angle, the two-finger-twist gesture resolutely refuses to do anything other than occasionally zoom in or out. Yet when I couldn't care less what way up the map is pointing and just want to zoom, the slightest rotation of my fingers as I do the pinch-zoom gesture sends the map twirling around the screen like a ballerina on acid. What gives?

ImageImageImage
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App