Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby porubcan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am

Kuhlkatz wrote:
petervdveen wrote:Missing button:

Normal text for that should only be 3 lines on screen. Is the 4 th line of text not pushing the button down outside the box ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

this bug is known since feature was released in beta.
if you have navigation instruction bar at the top of the screen, the gas prices pop-up is off the screen and the button disappears. think, that Perlin stated they will fix it.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kuhlkatz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

petervdveen wrote:Missing button:

Normal text for that should only be 3 lines on screen. Is the 4 th line of text not pushing the button down outside the box ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby DonJ2 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:47 am

perlin wrote:
DonJ2 wrote:In this new version, mute disables all sounds, including road alerts. I hope Waze will consider adding a configuration option to allow selecting between the old versus new behavior for the mute feature.

Unmute and under Sound > Level Of Guidance > select None. This way you won't hear instruction but you'll hear road alerts.

That's a nice simple solution. :-)
Thanks, Perlin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2

Postby petervdveen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

perlin wrote:
deeggo wrote:Well, decided to find out myself. Locked myself in at home in all possible directions. Then fired up a second phone which would easily give me routes in all directions, not taking closures into account, no warning or mention of closure whatsoever.
So, big launch and the main new feature is completely dead.

Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).

I guess you know deeggo is not a low rank user, but a very high rank user.
Also his house is not on a freeway 8-)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby CBenson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 pm

perlin wrote:Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).

Duh? This seems utterly backwards to me. If you are dealing with a freeway that normally has many tracks and there are none, it seems that one low level user report of a closure should be sufficient to confirm that the freeway is closed. Seems to me you would need need more user reports to confirm that the little used street is actually closed. Are you not using the real-time traffic data in this "special configuration"?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm

deeggo wrote:Well, decided to find out myself. Locked myself in at home in all possible directions. Then fired up a second phone which would easily give me routes in all directions, not taking closures into account, no warning or mention of closure whatsoever.
So, big launch and the main new feature is completely dead.

Well duh, of course we won't let just one user to be able to close roads for all others. We've set up a special configuration - a set of rules - that determines how this feature should behave - it evaluates the user's rank, the number of closure alerts that have been reported and it also takes under account the road type (2 users with low rank will be able to close a street but not a freeway (just an example)).
perlin

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:34 am

khaytsus wrote:I suspect if you saw no crashes it didn't try to load any ads. That is why it crashes at "every stoplight".

Right. I suspect there's a radius setting at work and if you're way out from the nearest advertiser's pushpin location, you won't see ads. I can go out in the boonies and the issue goes away.

Right now the only way to avoid the crashes, in my experience, are to either a) keep doing something in Waze (like gas prices or paging through the menus) to keep it occupied, or b) turn off the screen when you come to a stop.

There's also a third way but it involves editing the preferences file and I'm hesitant to share it in the forums because I don't want Waze removing the workaround just to force everyone to see ads (and cause our crashes).
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby khaytsus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 am

jdeyoung wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Getting really sick of the client crashing at every stop from ads. Really, really sick of it.

I wish we would be told what was done to fix this.
At least last night and this morning I experienced NO CRASHES! Yeah!
Clearly this isn't really a client thing, since no new version loaded to my phone. Guess I'll see if the track record holds for tonight.
Of course, the client still crashes going to My Scoreboard - but at least that only happens when I don't care how stable the client is.

I suspect if you saw no crashes it didn't try to load any ads. That is why it crashes at "every stoplight".
khaytsus

Postby pvaladares » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Lonewolf147 wrote:I noticed this problem a couple versions ago, but it never bothered me enough to report it. When I'm navigating somewhere, whenever I reach a point within about a quarter of mile from my destination I get a popup saying that I've lost the GPS signal. Then about a few seconds later it disappears and all is normal with no actual interruption of navigation.

I saw a few other posts on the subject, but they were all posted last year and nothing else current.

True.
I also have the same error.
pvaladares

Postby pvaladares » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:14 pm

usa_sldgjple wrote:The loss of the foursquare check-in is pivotal to me. Without it, Waze has lost much of it's functionality for me.

I found out my 4sq SU request was declined because of checkin through 3rd part apps like waze.
Also rapid fire could be done via the old button.

I am a huge fan of 4sq. I do not miss the old button :-)
pvaladares

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App