These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Post by
What's New in this Version

✓ Report road closures in real time. Waze will close off the road and route others around it
✓ Report pins tilted on map to better indicate direction of event
✓ Reduced map clutter by showing only relevant road names
✓ New moods!
✓ New inbox with multiple message selection
✓ Update gas prices popup: When in gas station users prompted to update price (Europe only)
✓ Optimized performance and multiple bug fixes

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Just like with beta on first run icons missing in Categories. Gas Stations & Prices missing in Settings menu. Not a best first impression if you are new user.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
ghostridetheWhip wrote:Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1 - Stock OS
  • Waze still crashes about 80% of the time when I stop at an intersection.
  • Waze still crashes when accessing messages in the inbox (though the actual Inbox menu loads and is stable) and the "Ask a Question" menu.. AS WELL AS All of the following menus: My Waze > "My Specials", "Scoreboard", and "Groups"
  • On occasion, Waze crashes while trying to reopen after sending feedback from a prior crash.
I do not use social media w/ Waze thus cannot comment on their functionality.

Interesting enough I have this app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and NONE of the aforementioned issues are present in either of these two phones.

Secondly, I have cleared the cache and performed "clean installs" of Waze on the Galaxy Nexus only to experience the same issues. Unfortunately, Waze has become too unstable and not to mention unsafe for me to reopen every 2 minutes while I'm driving. This upsets me as I have endured through these issues for the past few major updates and have not seen the matters been resolved. I used to love using Waze every day; it has helped me become more credible.

I hope maybe I can retain my credibility even without my precious Waze.
You should be running JB 4.2.2. I have had crashes while accessing Scoreboard that cleared up after update to 4.2.2.

To perform "clean install" you need to delete Waze folder after uninstalling then reboot the phone. After clean installation skip login and try to run few sessions as anonymous.

Check if you are using correct APN settings for your provider. Some of these issues may be caused by no connectivity.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
DG567 wrote:Can't see how to delete a recent destination from the list in this version?
Used to be: show list - touch on the right - more - trash can. No trash can any more!
Just add a few new ones and it will scroll of the screen. History/Favorites list got reversed. I like it that way but that's how I roll.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
stuffhappens wrote:On the Sony Xperia Z, with its hi-res 1080 x 1920 display, the map renders fine, size-wise, but overall the look-and-feel is very 'thin' and distant - as if the zoom level is a bit 'out' for the screen, and line widths are too fine (the display's dpi is probably also relevant here).

Some of the icons and features are also mis-placed - for example, if you have your speed indicator enabled, it shows up behind other elements (sorry, don't have the phone to hand for a screenshot right now (left it at work)).

On the plus side, Waze still looks better than another sat-nav app (c*-pi**t) where icons are missing and the menus are 'all over the place' on the XZ!
All high end devices coming out this year will have 1920 x 1080 displays. Waze on the other hand is stuck with idea that iDevices are cream of the crop. 20 year olds at Waze don't care if you can see it or not, they relay on co drivers with coke bottle glasses to read street names and directions. :lol:

Care to provide screenshot?
a4bolek
Send a message
Last edited by a4bolek on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
stuffhappens wrote:On the Sony Xperia Z, with its hi-res 1080 x 1920 display, the map renders fine, size-wise, but overall the look-and-feel is very 'thin' and distant - as if the zoom level is a bit 'out' for the screen, and line widths are too fine (the display's dpi is probably also relevant here).

Some of the icons and features are also mis-placed - for example, if you have your speed indicator enabled, it shows up behind other elements (sorry, don't have the phone to hand for a screenshot right now (left it at work)).

On the plus side, Waze still looks better than another sat-nav app (c*-pi**t) where icons are missing and the menus are 'all over the place' on the XZ!
It's the same way on the Droid DNA. Waze are aware of the misplaced features like the partially hidden zoom buttons and speed-o-meter, but they are apparently unconcerned about the unreadably small text and line art on the map itself.
Don't worry. Waze team is well equipped.
coke_bottle_glasses_2px5wr.jpg
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 2031 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
a4bolek wrote:Care to provide screenshot?
I took a couple of shots a while back… The problem with screen shots is they will be 1920x1080 and display as huge images on everyone's computer monitors. The street names are easy to read when they're on a 25" monitor. :lol:

Edit: Here's one that was scaled down to be the exact size as on the phone if you've got a 19" monitor. So for most folks it may not be quite the same, but it gives an idea of how tiny some of the text is.
waze landscape.png
I use clock in notification bar as reference. Any font that is smaller is too small to read when device is mounted in the car.

Layout in horizontal mode looks clobbered as well. I have HTC One on order. It has 1920 x 1080 display. You will see me bitching about layout and font sizes to no end :D
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
stuffhappens wrote:When I pull up at a petrol station, Waze prompts whether I want to enter prices and I am sure one such prompt had a button that lets me do just that, but more often I am expected to go find the option myself - which is very tedious.

Today, I navigated through to enter prices, but was presented with a list of fuel stops on my route, but the list didn't include the one I was currently at? ?

Too much hassle.
If you press Main Menu>Gas you will get just that. List of stations along the route or around you.

To report fuel prices you need to press Reports Menu>Gas Prices.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
davipt wrote:
pvaladares wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Still have issue "Are you experiencing a traffic jam", even if I juts reported a traffic jam !
Same problem here.
Yeah also on iOS, and it's a long lasting boring behavior.

Fortunately I don't see that message for a long time, because I use Waze, I thus never "experience a traffic jam" >:) :mrgreen: oh wait ;)
And then you woke up. :D
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
darkneon wrote:This Bug is a major issue and a year old! People will quit Waze for this type of mistakes! This intersection has been reviewed multiple times by different AM's

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/19/usesygaj.jpg

Send from my GT-N7000 running stock 4.1.2 using Tapatalk.
I have one of those on may way home. It's an error in routing algorithm not the client. There used to be an option in the client called "Minimize Turns". It worked, then it was completely ignored then removed. It is supposedly built into the routing algorithm. No, it is not.
Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-12-44.jpg
(75.12 KiB) Downloaded 4006 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
skbun wrote:Really odd problem earlier. Clicked on an ad for Jack in the Box, and hit its 'info' button on the popup. (It had a listed special, FWIW.) On backing out of the ad, back to the main map, the map displayed in 2D/direct overhead even though the setting in preferences is for 3D. Changing that setting in user settings back and forth had no effect. Exiting and restarting the app fixed the problem. Was reproducible. Debug logs sent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I have mentioned this issue several times during beta. Perlin could not reproduce and subject was dropped.

Here is link to my post: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ed#p327022
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1