These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pvaladares
stef2001 wrote:Hi... this is my first post... so sorry if i am on the wrong thread :(

My waze doesn't start ?
When i click on the icon, if got the following :

-Start Screen
-Icon appears in the notification
-I suddenly return to home screen, and icon disapear :cry: :cry: :cry:

My conf is in my signature.
What can i do for help ? Where are the log files ?
From time to time I have the same issue.
If you check the size of preference file it might be 0 bytes.
If that is true, just replace the preference file by a backup. There is one inside the skins folder by the way.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Autourdupc wrote:Still have issue "Are you experiencing a traffic jam", even if I juts reported a traffic jam !
Same problem here.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Autourdupc wrote:FEATURE REQUEST : Save location when quitting Waze :D
This could be helpfull to store the location when quitting Waze, so we can retreive our car easily. And also we could add a note and/or take a photo !
- When quitting Waze, automatic location saving... Only a question "Do you want to take a picture and/or add a note ?" - This could be like a report with a countdown on the "No" answer.
- When starting Waze again, we could have a question like : "Do you need some help to go to your car ?" With a countdown on the "No" answer.

Look at this screenshot from other application. The car location is stored and visible on the map.

Note also Perlin : Take a particular attention to the buttons on the screenshot... They are correctly sized for a standard human ! Bigger enought to be used correctly, and not too large against rest of texts on screen :twisted:
Screenshot_2013-03-25-13-27-46.png
Your last GPS position as points and other info is saved in the 'session' file.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by saggitas
Apologies if I'm going to annoy anyone.

I started experiencing this since this morning. Before today everything was working fine.

The app would load into the map, but whenever I would swipe to start navigation or prompt for my favourite locations (like Home or Work), it will crash (go back to launcher).

So I re-installed the app, and this time, after pressing "Next" at the license agreement, the app would crash again.

Anyone knows what's wrong?

btw, I'm running on ParanoidAndroid 3.15 ROM (28 Mar build) with franco v372 kernel.
saggitas
Send a message
tested on a Google Pixel

Post by schirmyver
Feature request

I've seen a few posts about the large amount of wasted space in the black navigation box. I have a suggestion that I would love to see implemented. So in the alternate routes window you see a graphical representation of your route with the traffic and user reports posted. In this black space could you have a thin line with this information and a small icon to show where you are on your route?

Here is what I am talking about...

Routes window
waze1.png
(96.05 KiB) Downloaded 1917 times
Suggestion
waze2.png
(222.66 KiB) Downloaded 1920 times
schirmyver
Send a message

Post by Serftosurf1
Put your
finger on the star on the left hand side and slide to the right. You'll see the garbage can. Tap and delete.
Serftosurf1
Send a message

Post by skbun
New message received as an Android notification that I've not seen before...

'Cue the trumpets! You were the top sco...' (I can't see the rest of the message because it cut off in the messages notification list, but, I'm guessing it has something to do with scoring in the previous week)

So when I click on that notification, Waze opens, and I'm taken to my Inbox. I receive the error message 'We're sorry, but something went wrong.'

This said, my inbox is empty anyway. I'm guessing a notification was pushed to my client, but a matching message was never put in my inbox.
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skbun
Really odd problem earlier. Clicked on an ad for Jack in the Box, and hit its 'info' button on the popup. (It had a listed special, FWIW.) On backing out of the ad, back to the main map, the map displayed in 2D/direct overhead even though the setting in preferences is for 3D. Changing that setting in user settings back and forth had no effect. Exiting and restarting the app fixed the problem. Was reproducible. Debug logs sent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skybounder
Since v3.6, my Event Notifications dont pop up when stopped. I have events set to 25km radius and if I manually go to the Reports - I can see the events.

So how do I make them pop up when stopped?
skybounder
Send a message

Post by skybounder
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
skybounder wrote:Since v3.6, my Event Notifications dont pop up when stopped. I have events set to 25km radius and if I manually go to the Reports - I can see the events.

So how do I make them pop up when stopped?
Our ability is more limited at this time/version: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 38#p358338
Thanks Alan. If I understand it correctly - I should still see nearby events, but at present getting none. When I have a chance, will review via the reports menu and see if there should be some popping up.
skybounder
Send a message