These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by a4bolek
derekslenk wrote:On the HTC DNA, when navigating, the speedometer and 'center on me' buttons are covered by the settings and report issue buttons on the bottom of the screen.

Speedometer and map controls are obstructed as well.
Screenshot_2013-04-25-21-48-38.jpg
(132.38 KiB) Downloaded 1172 times
Screenshot_2013-04-25-21-48-47.jpg
(114.05 KiB) Downloaded 1173 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
We're aware of some UI bugs with 1080p devices and working on fixing them.
Thanks for reporting.
It is not about minor layout issues. Problem is about font sizes used for streets, landmarks, fuel prices. Size of icons for traffic reports, size of icons for paid ads, categories etc.

To satisfy all users make map UI in line with Android guidelines.
Small
Normal
Large
Huge ;)
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by a4bolek
CrackedLCD wrote:
a4bolek wrote:
We're aware of some UI bugs with 1080p devices and working on fixing them.
Thanks for reporting.
It is not about minor layout issues. Problem is about font sizes used for streets, landmarks, fuel prices. Size of icons for traffic reports, size of icons for paid ads, categories etc.

To satisfy all users make map UI in line with Android guidelines.
Small
Normal
Large
Huge ;)
I have a sinking feeling that to fix the tiny fonts issue would entail a major rewrite of the app, which probably won't happen. As far as I can tell, all the major map programs (Waze, Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing) have text that is way too small on high res devices. Bing's are biggest and easiest for me to read, but it has to be side-loaded or downloaded from the Amazon app store, so it isn't widely available.

If Waze could embiggen (to borrow a Simpsons word) the fonts, they would certainly be pioneers in this respect!
Answer is vector based maps and application that can scale them. Bitmap based maps don't scale well at all.

Here is OpenStreetMap,

at 1x
Screenshot_2013-05-19-03-31-29.jpg
(105.62 KiB) Downloaded 1413 times
at 2x
Screenshot_2013-05-19-03-33-35.jpg
(101.56 KiB) Downloaded 1413 times
at 3x
Screenshot_2013-05-19-03-29-19.jpg
(90.39 KiB) Downloaded 1409 times
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Autourdupc wrote:Wanted to alert for road closure... Unable to select the correct street closed !
Red arrow is the exact position of road closure.
It is currently designed that you can only close a road connected to the one you are on. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

We asked for other ways to close streets, including those further away by the tap-hold method. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to close streets in more ways, but this is the only way for now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:Even though I don't use foursquare, I'm going to ask it because I know it will come eventually. Did the feature go away or is it hidden somewhere else?
Navigate to your destination then it's one of the buttons on the new arrival toolbar that pops up.
It's also under Main menu->Friends->On the way (not exactly intuitively located, but at least Friends and 4sq are "social" and so somewhat related. :))
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TonyG-UK wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

It may be blocked - by an accident for example, in which case it makes perfect sense. Not sure if you were just being sarcastic.
Ah, I see, yes. I failed to consider that. Yeah, that would be nice, and I think was part of the feedback we gave them during beta. And here we are. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
xteejx wrote:
perlin wrote:
darkneon wrote:Are there any changes in this release compared to the latest beta?
Nope.
Then it doesn't route others around road closures...
Not necessarily. They could have implemented server-side changes to take the reported closures now and have that affect the routing engine for everyone. We know the app itself for both iOS and Android is the same as the last beta, but that doesn't speak to back-end potential changes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
deeggo wrote:So, big launch and the main new feature is completely dead.
Not so fast. :)

Articles posted on the internets today suggest there is a critical mass of users who must report a road closed. There is some magical trickery which assigns what is referred to as a "trust value" to users. Maybe that's rank, who knows?! But fewer users of higher trust value are required to close a road and affect routing for all users. (This sounds a bit similar to users required to unapprove cameras from the use of the "Not there" button in the app.)

We don't know all the details, and perhaps never will, just like routing engine details.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
darkneon wrote:I think you can still get those pop-ups, set pop-up radius in the social networks settings.
(There is no popup radius in social network settings.)

Nope. Developers have stated that Event Radius selection is non-functional in the app. Changing it does nothing. All controlled on the server side now.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
darkneon wrote:If I change the setting from none to any I get pop-ups...
And I and many, many others get no popups at all when stopped. So, we've proven nothing either way. But I'm sticking with what Perlin wrote.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message