These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
StunGod wrote:I agree. The UI for an app like this is one of the most important pieces. And this is a pretty big thing to ignore, considering it's probably not too hard to fix.
First of all, we're certainly not ignoring this issue, nor your requests/suggestions on this matter.
Secondly, "not too hard to fix" is not something that you can say about UI, since it's something that needs to fit and satisfy multiple users, from all over the spectrum (device-wise). It's not a single and simple bug, but a continuing task of adjustment.
We're constantly working on our UI and the upcoming version will include more improvements.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
olorin2 wrote:Hello All:

I posted about this issue in a separate thread, but then came across multiple posts in the feedback thread about the same issue. Is it still a known issue? These were from over a month ago, so I wasn't sure. Waze is crashing when stopping at a light, as well as when I go into Scoreboard, Groups, etc.
Yes, it's a known issue and we're fixing it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
blue_tornadoo wrote:When will be there new versions or beta apps? Nothing recognized for a long time??? Will be there new betas or even final versions. What is about the rumors about a new beta platform?
A new beta will be released in a couple of days. I'm sending you an invite to the new beta platform.

For everyone else - If you are an active beta tester and didn't get an invitation for me - please send me a PM.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:1) In this case, I got only a prompt voice for an accident... Where is it ? No blue highlight, no pop-up, no way to thanks or disable the accident...
There was never a visual indication (popup) for accidents. However, you should have seen the blue glow. I'll check if there's a problem there.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
a4bolek wrote:
skbun wrote:Really odd problem earlier. Clicked on an ad for Jack in the Box, and hit its 'info' button on the popup. (It had a listed special, FWIW.) On backing out of the ad, back to the main map, the map displayed in 2D/direct overhead even though the setting in preferences is for 3D. Changing that setting in user settings back and forth had no effect. Exiting and restarting the app fixed the problem. Was reproducible. Debug logs sent.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I have mentioned this issue several times during beta. Perlin could not reproduce and subject was dropped.

Here is link to my post: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ed#p327022
Managed to reproduce the bug and we will fix it. Thanks for reporting.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
nogetandet wrote:
perlin wrote:What's New in this Version

✓ Optimized performance and multiple bug fixes
After this performance improvement, it feels like it activates the 750pts bonus, a bit too fast.

Just after you start driving after a stop (and it want to give me a bonus), it place the bonus after too short driving. Sometimes the GPS-signal isn't good, and it moves a bit around. So in may cases, it place it in the wrong direction, or too far away (if I turn before I reach it).

I know I'll get it later, but it is still a bit frustrating.
Can you send an example? We couldn't reproduce what you're describing.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
a4bolek wrote:
derekslenk wrote:On the HTC DNA, when navigating, the speedometer and 'center on me' buttons are covered by the settings and report issue buttons on the bottom of the screen.

Speedometer and map controls are obstructed as well.
We're aware of some UI bugs with 1080p devices and working on fixing them.
Thanks for reporting.
perlin
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
perlin wrote:✓ Report road closures in real time. Waze will close off the road and route others around it
I will not route others around.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
Perlin, I had the crashes again today around 17.00 CET
I uploaded logs (1 minute ago) 20:25 CET

I had about 3 crashes in total.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
deeggo wrote:So, big launch and the main new feature is completely dead.
Not so fast. :)

Articles posted on the internets today suggest there is a critical mass of users who must report a road closed. There is some magical trickery which assigns what is referred to as a "trust value" to users. Maybe that's rank, who knows?! But fewer users of higher trust value are required to close a road and affect routing for all users. (This sounds a bit similar to users required to unapprove cameras from the use of the "Not there" button in the app.)

We don't know all the details, and perhaps never will, just like routing engine details.
Could be, but the only place were I think there are enough users to report it (on the highways and freeways) there it isn't possible to report a closed exit (or you have to press the button on exactly the right moment)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message