These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
The client is frequently loosing recently driven targets from the list.

The client is frequently loosing recently added favorites from the list.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
berestovskyy wrote:Seems that app internal routing doesn't honor parking and private roads penalties.

If I use Live Map or Waze routing server -- they both plan a route around the private road. But when I have no internet connection (i.e. airplane mode), my app navigates me through this private road.

I have the same issue with Parking Lot roads. Could anyone please confirm this?
From (not only) my experience the client produces a totally different, incomparable route, with many confusing turn/keep/continue/exit left/right/straight commands not obeying the segment connection angles, possibly also the segment types and properties, etc. Prior to being aware of it, I've made a couple of rides with two identical clients side-by-side, one online, one offline - :o :shock: IIRC many segment properties are available just to the routing servers. But which?
berestovskyy wrote:If it's a bug, how to I report it?
Actually it should be sufficient to report such bug here. It will then flow to some bug tracking system... and that was it?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
I suspect the culprit is a not detailed enough client map.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
gohamstergo wrote:Better idea, Waze should make the nickname limit shorter.
I'd rather vote for a correct alignment (instead of squeezing the limits, in order to hide alignment bugs).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Due to the proximity, although no idea why and how (cell network roaming because of sudden short carrier outage? It has been happening there in the past), your client could have been "logically snapped" to Austria. While "there", the GP button is always hidden - they are still not among the Gas Prices' countries.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by gabiX87
# option to have streetnames written on the road segment along the road surface (hope you know what I mean) , too many streetnames are making a mess + popping here and there (Wazeapp)
e

# I am having a hard-time to distinguish between city names from other elements on the screen.

# user selectable one-tap quick-buttons or favorite buttons on the navigation screen for 10" tablets ,plenty of space (Wazeapp)
(example. paving, police, pothole) too many taps sometimes when driving

#pothole,reconstruction,closure date or time duration , some 30min is not enough , especially in rural areas !!! ... duration like 6h,12h,day,week etc. to balance it , add option to report that particular pothole was repaired or closure ended. (Possibility for lvl+2 editor via wazeapp or something)
- IF another wazer "thanks" when nearby or en-route that particular(pothole?) report THEN + x minutes for report
- country specific ? (like Slovakia) lol :)

# distinguish between 4x4 trail and streets in (WME)
# distinguish ladnmarks from each other (WME) (Wazeapp?)
# select multiple streets or segments with holdmousebutton-rectangle (WME)
gabiX87
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G (N8000) /w Waze 3.6.0.0
Ford Focus 1.8TDci 85kW HB

Post by ghostridetheWhip
Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1 - Stock OS
  • Waze still crashes about 80% of the time when I stop at an intersection.
  • Waze still crashes when accessing messages in the inbox (though the actual Inbox menu loads and is stable) and the "Ask a Question" menu.. AS WELL AS All of the following menus: My Waze > "My Specials", "Scoreboard", and "Groups"
  • On occasion, Waze crashes while trying to reopen after sending feedback from a prior crash.
I do not use social media w/ Waze thus cannot comment on their functionality.

Interesting enough I have this app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and NONE of the aforementioned issues are present in either of these two phones.

Secondly, I have cleared the cache and performed "clean installs" of Waze on the Galaxy Nexus only to experience the same issues. Unfortunately, Waze has become too unstable and not to mention unsafe for me to reopen every 2 minutes while I'm driving. This upsets me as I have endured through these issues for the past few major updates and have not seen the matters been resolved. I used to love using Waze every day; it has helped me become more credible.

I hope maybe I can retain my credibility even without my precious Waze.
ghostridetheWhip
Send a message

Post by gildan2020
Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2. My phone is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth for music listening.

Whenever I start Waze to navigate anywhere, the voice navigation (or any sound from Waze) will interrupt my music app.

Music playing -> Music paused -> Waze voice navigation provide instructions -> Music resumed

Waze used to allow the music to continue playing in the background while it provides the voice navigation. In case you are wondering, the "Route sound to speaker" option is already off.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advanced.
gildan2020
Send a message

Post by goimir
Didn't see this reported yet, but if I have "location services by tower" AND "gps" selected in my phone, waze refuses to maintain a gps lock.

I just make my phone use gps only as a workaround. Should I recreate the problem and send a log?
goimir
Send a message

Post by gophish
CrackedLCD wrote:
steveandlanada wrote:After updating Waze it no longer runs in the background on my phone, but automatically shuts off after no activity and I have to always remember to put it on when I go out. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Droid Razzr Maxx4.0.4
It does this to me, too, but only randomly. Sometimes it quits itself, sometimes it doesn't. I think it's a 'feature' to detect inactivity.
I am also having this problem, even when moving (I believe the feature is supposed to only quit when your not moving for x amount of time). It just randomly quits the application if it's in the background.
gophish
Send a message