These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by stef2001
I've chnaged my Lauccher (in fact my rom), i am now on Miui, and its work perfectly.
Thanks !
stef2001
Send a message
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S SLC (GT-i9003) - Android V4.1.2 - Waze 3.6.0.0

Post by steveandlanada
After updating Waze it no longer runs in the background on my phone, but automatically shuts off after no activity and I have to always remember to put it on when I go out. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Droid Razzr Maxx4.0.4
steveandlanada
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
On the Sony Xperia Z, with its hi-res 1080 x 1920 display, the map renders fine, size-wise, but overall the look-and-feel is very 'thin' and distant - as if the zoom level is a bit 'out' for the screen, and line widths are too fine (the display's dpi is probably also relevant here).

Some of the icons and features are also mis-placed - for example, if you have your speed indicator enabled, it shows up behind other elements (sorry, don't have the phone to hand for a screenshot right now (left it at work)).

On the plus side, Waze still looks better than another sat-nav app (c*-pi**t) where icons are missing and the menus are 'all over the place' on the XZ!
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
When I pull up at a petrol station, Waze prompts whether I want to enter prices and I am sure one such prompt had a button that lets me do just that, but more often I am expected to go find the option myself - which is very tedious.

Today, I navigated through to enter prices, but was presented with a list of fuel stops on my route, but the list didn't include the one I was currently at? ?

Too much hassle.
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
Morning,

I earned 6 points today for reporting slow traffic - Waze told me so - but the message stayed on the screen for several minutes until I cleared it by restarting Waze.
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
a4bolek wrote:
stuffhappens wrote:When I pull up at a petrol station, Waze prompts whether I want to enter prices and I am sure one such prompt had a button that lets me do just that, but more often I am expected to go find the option myself - which is very tedious.

Today, I navigated through to enter prices, but was presented with a list of fuel stops on my route, but the list didn't include the one I was currently at? ?

Too much hassle.
If you press Main Menu>Gas you will get just that. List of stations along the route or around you.

To report fuel prices you need to press Reports Menu>Gas Prices.
Ok - must remember that. Thanks
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
eichmat wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin !
When do you think we will get the report for "Vehicule stopped on road" on the client ?
This should be very usefull !
Agreed--could have used that the other night--an 18-wheeler (aka lorry) was stuck in the right light of a divided highway...I ended up just reported it as an debris (traffic was already forming up behind it, so no one was going to be surprised by it...).
Great idea + throw in 'Traffic lights/signals not working' too
stuffhappens
Send a message

Post by stuffhappens
My phone (Galaxy Note) spontaneously rebooted in Waze tonight - approx 1830 UK time. When I restarted Waze it decided it had encountered a bug and sent logs.

Edit: I've just replaced the phone's battery as it was not charging properly and suddenly went from 90 to 40% charged (not in Waze) the other day, so this was probably not a Waze problem.
stuffhappens
Send a message
Last edited by stuffhappens on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by StunGod
I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find anything recent on this: is there any plan to reduce the amount of screen real estate the directions block takes up on the screen? We lose about 1/3 of the useful screen space in landscape mode, all the time. It's useful when approaching a turn or the destination, but absolutely useless to take all that space when my next turn is 5, 10, 20, 100 miles away. Any way to toggle it so it only shows up when necessary?
StunGod
Send a message

Post by StunGod
I agree. The UI for an app like this is one of the most important pieces. And this is a pretty big thing to ignore, considering it's probably not too hard to fix. Surely a change could be included in an upcoming release, or the ability for a user to select the way the nav info is displayed?
StunGod
Send a message