These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SocalToe
No GPS arrow for me too

Android 2.3.4

Although on occasion a bullseye will randomly show up on either my actual location, or snapped to my car icon on the street........
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
Mike-1323 wrote:
SocalToe wrote:Although on occasion a bullseye will randomly show up on either my actual location, or snapped to my car icon on the street........
I think that the bullseye around your car on the map indicates that there is no gps lock and an approximate location is being used based on cell tower reception triangulation. Next time you see the bullseye check to see if there is a no gps message across the top of the map.

I also turned on show GPS coordinates.

When the bullseye is jumping back and forth, there are valid coordinates shown on top line and the bullseye location is my actual GPS location or snapped to road location.

When the bullseye shows up due to triangulation, it's not even close to where I am.,,,,,,
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
All sound just quit working for me today, was fine yesterday. (debug logs also sent)

Android 2.3.4

No bluetooth involved.

I've toggled guidance to various values, toggled 'route sound to speaker', rebooted phone, pulled battery, went back to last beta, then 3.6 again......

I can't get any sound to work today for waze.....

Is there anything in preference file I can check?
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
SocalToe wrote:All sound just quit working for me today, was fine yesterday. (debug logs also sent)

Android 2.3.4

No bluetooth involved.

I've toggled guidance to various values, toggled 'route sound to speaker', rebooted phone, pulled battery, went back to last beta, then 3.6 again......

I can't get any sound to work today for waze.....

Is there anything in preference file I can check?

Fixed it (short version):

Uninstalled waze
attached phone to pc, deleted waze directory from sd card, detached phone from PC
Re-installed waze
Started waze, it initialized, sound working again.

little more detail:
Deletion of the waze directory from SD card was necessary because waze wouldn't initialize after the re-installation unless I removed the waze directory.
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
davipt wrote:Pvaladares reported one of these days that on android there is some situation where the preferences file gets zero bytes and the client won't start anymore, hence probably why removing the folder solved your issue.
Actually, the preferences file was still good before I wiped out everything.. I had compared the phone version to the archived version I had on my laptop and they were the same.
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
davipt wrote:
SocalToe wrote:
davipt wrote:Pvaladares reported one of these days that on android there is some situation where the preferences file gets zero bytes and the client won't start anymore, hence probably why removing the folder solved your issue.
Actually, the preferences file was still good before I wiped out everything.. I had compared the phone version to the archived version I had on my laptop and they were the same.
Did you detect any other potential corrupted file or the reason it started working again by deleting the folder?

I don't think any file in the waze directory on the SD card was corrupted. Before wiping out everything and reinstalling waze from scratch, I moved my archive copy of the waze directory back to the phone; which didn't solve the problem.

I think it was in another directory that gets wiped out when uninstalling, and then set during an install. Just updating waze app wasn't enough to fix problem (I reinstalled earlier 3.5.99.915 beta without uninstalling 3.6; that didn't fix it)
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
Lost all sound again today.

Had to completely remove Waze (make sure you get the waze dir on SD card) and reinstall to fix.

One note:

Yesterday I installed updates of the GasBuddy and 'Easy Installer - Install apk'

apps

Don't know how an update to another app would affect waze
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
Complete loss of ALL sound for the 3rd time (seems to happen every couple of weeks)

Worked yesterday, not working today.

Last time I thought that maybe some updates to other apps may have been a problem.

But this time there wasn't any updates to anything since yesterday.

This is really bad as the only way to fix the problem is to completely remove waze then reinstall from scratch.....
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by softturbo
Waze used to work perfectly on my HTC One S until two days ago, when Google pushed out a bunch of updates including for Maps. Now Waze would not even start and just crashes on splash screen. Clearing data/cache and reinstalling doesn't work.
softturbo
Send a message

Post by stef2001
Hi... this is my first post... so sorry if i am on the wrong thread :(

My waze doesn't start ?
When i click on the icon, if got the following :

-Start Screen
-Icon appears in the notification
-I suddenly return to home screen, and icon disapear :cry: :cry: :cry:

My conf is in my signature.
What can i do for help ? Where are the log files ?
stef2001
Send a message
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S SLC (GT-i9003) - Android V4.1.2 - Waze 3.6.0.0