These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
DonJ2 wrote:In this new version, mute disables all sounds, including road alerts. I hope Waze will consider adding a configuration option to allow selecting between the old versus new behavior for the mute feature.
Unmute and under Sound > Level Of Guidance > select None. This way you won't hear instruction but you'll hear road alerts.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Kuhlkatz wrote:I did not notice this in the Beta, but doing a category search will show random centered result headings instead of being left aligned [/attachment]
Known issue, will be fixed.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
magicy2l wrote:
danohi wrote:Did this release cause us to lose the ability to delete a favorite? Would love to gain that back, as will as the ability to sort the favorites like the Iphone folks.
i found that favorites are still able to delete.. if you go to 'navigate' then 'favorites' then the 'blue info icon to the right' of the favorite.. there's a 'remove' button there..
but I think this is referring to navigation history that is unable to delete.. it shows an 'add' button instead..
Correct. You can remove a favorite but not history items. We are aware of it and will fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
maryjayjay wrote:Still can't use my bluetooth pause button in application when using a media player in the background. Still never seen acknowledgement of the issue.
We are aware of such an issue, but haven't gotten to handle it yet.
Please provide me the details of your BT head unit.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Thiago_Felix wrote:At the Android Client when there a radar ahead, the icon of the radar on the road blinks in blue when its on your route, right? However, it blinks only at the very first time you open the app. The next radar on your route will be alert but it will not blink in blue anymore, unless you quit the app and start it again
We're aware of this issue and it will be fixed in a future version.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
the1who wrote:When I go to share ride, the bottom of the screen is cutoff and no scrolling to see what is there
We are aware of this bug and it will be fixed.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
olestas wrote:Gas stations and prices missing on first launch (in all previous versions too).
Guided tour: sorry, this video cannot be played. (in all previous versions too)
How to edit the map: video is playing, but squished in half screen and portrait only. No landscape. Only half video visible. (in all previous versions too)
Search results disappear after click on map (in all previous versions too).
Moods: Bronze wazer is giant... 2-3 times bigger then other icons (in all previous versions too).
Baby wazers shown on map are GIANT. (in all previous versions too).
All known issues and still under work.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
PeJo76 wrote:Get this as soon as I try to make a route of a previous destination or a favourite since updating to 3.6
We had a server bug that should be fixed now. If it happens again please report us.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
jay185 wrote:
don-quijote wrote:Hello

Today I report police twice, and both time after I get "you helped" message - map was faded to black, only bottom menu button stays active. All others working but map was black. When i press left menu button - main menu appeared and map became visible.
I am experiencing the same issue. Using Galaxy N7000

everything works just fine as long as you dong press that Report button at the lower right corner, pressing it will show the usual Report Menu but once you go back to the map itself, it will just be BLANK, pressing the menu/report button will let you see the map (dimmed) with the menu on top but will just do the exact same thing when going back to the map. the only solution is to restart the app to see the map again.
Please reproduce this on debug mode (search for 2##2) and send logs. Thanks.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
porubcan wrote:Hi Perlin, that is working well for me too, but few comments.
1. for those without TTS - Sound > Level Of Guidance settings are little misleading. options are On/Off (for me as non-native speaker it was not clear what is that for at all). Maybe better for understanding would be "Audible (Route) Instructions" instead of "Level of Guidenance"
2. If I set level of guidance "off", it will remove "General > Navigation guidance" settings - where you may select language (all alerts are still in language which was set before). But if you update to new version it will not automatically ask if I'd like to download language audio files (so alerts are in English. need to add that the quality of English nuance is poor with volume too low).
The sounds settings are indeed confusing and need more tweaking. We're working in it!
perlin
Send a message