These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DonJ2
I liked how the mute feature worked in previous versions; while on mute you would still here road alerts. I used mute while navigating to destinations when I did not need audible turn by turn instructions.

In this new version, mute disables all sounds, including road alerts. I hope Waze will consider adding a configuration option to allow selecting between the old versus new behavior for the mute feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by DonJ2
perlin wrote:
DonJ2 wrote:In this new version, mute disables all sounds, including road alerts. I hope Waze will consider adding a configuration option to allow selecting between the old versus new behavior for the mute feature.
Unmute and under Sound > Level Of Guidance > select None. This way you won't hear instruction but you'll hear road alerts.
That's a nice simple solution. :-)
Thanks, Perlin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by DonQuijot
Hello

Today I report police twice, and both time after I get "you helped" message - map was faded to black, only bottom menu button stays active. All others working but map was black. When i press left menu button - main menu appeared and map became visible.
DonQuijot
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by eichmat
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin !
When do you think we will get the report for "Vehicule stopped on road" on the client ?
This should be very usefull !
Agreed--could have used that the other night--an 18-wheeler (aka lorry) was stuck in the right light of a divided highway...I ended up just reported it as an debris (traffic was already forming up behind it, so no one was going to be surprised by it...).
eichmat
Send a message
-Tim
Lehigh Valley, PA

Post by floppyrod84
perlin wrote:
darkneon wrote:Are there any changes in this release compared to the latest beta?
Nope.
Then it doesn't route others around road closures...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Makes sense mate. Would've liked to see an announcement about that though. Usually something on the site for updates :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fmadika
Banal57 wrote:
softturbo wrote:Waze used to work perfectly on my HTC One S until two days ago, when Google pushed out a bunch of updates including for Maps. Now Waze would not even start and just crashes on splash screen. Clearing data/cache and reinstalling doesn't work.
I have exactly the same problem with my HTC One S.
It crashes on the splash screen without a single message. Same problem after a reinstall.
Everything worked great 3 days ago. The main event since then is the update of Google apps.
Same problem with my HTC One X. Last Sunday after update my apps. Waze doesn't work until now.
fmadika
Send a message

Post by fmadika
atec01 wrote:I confirm crashing of the Waze App v. 3.6.0.0 for Android after HTC One X Upgrade to ver. 3.20.401.3
Any suggestions?

EDIT: After factory reset Waze works again.
Is there other solution other than factory reset? Thank you.
fmadika
Send a message

Post by fmadika
paulkok_my wrote:The other way is the long way. Try to remember what application was updated before the crash. Then uninstall the apps one by one and test.
It will be more difficult than factory reset :(. I think I will wait. Hopefully there's update to fix the problem.
Thank you.
fmadika
Send a message

Post by fotrik
foxitrot wrote:On both Monday (or was it rather Tuesday?) and Wednesday mornings I've stopped on red light near a GS (the same one), the update price question popped up. I've agreed to update prices, the dialog with four N/A's popped up. I've closed it, opened the "right button menu - GS prices - select GS - update" and suddenly two of the prices were visible. I've immediately sent logs both times, unfortunately not noticed that debug mode was off (because of the release version).
Seen the same bug. And not only me: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 09#p377609
fotrik
Send a message
https://wazestats.com/Waze-sig-fotrik.pnghttps://wazestats.com/images/wazestats-logo.png