Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby SocalToe » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am

Mike-1323 wrote:
SocalToe wrote:Although on occasion a bullseye will randomly show up on either my actual location, or snapped to my car icon on the street........

I think that the bullseye around your car on the map indicates that there is no gps lock and an approximate location is being used based on cell tower reception triangulation. Next time you see the bullseye check to see if there is a no gps message across the top of the map.

I also turned on show GPS coordinates.

When the bullseye is jumping back and forth, there are valid coordinates shown on top line and the bullseye location is my actual GPS location or snapped to road location.

When the bullseye shows up due to triangulation, it's not even close to where I am.,,,,,,
SocalToe

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:08 am

SocalToe wrote:Although on occasion a bullseye will randomly show up on either my actual location, or snapped to my car icon on the street........

I think that the bullseye around your car on the map indicates that there is no gps lock and an approximate location is being used based on cell tower reception triangulation. Next time you see the bullseye check to see if there is a no gps message across the top of the map.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby paulkok_my » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 pm

Push notifications is not consistent.I did not receive any push notifications today even though I have received an email stating that the UR has been solved.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SocalToe » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:43 pm

No GPS arrow for me too

Android 2.3.4

Although on occasion a bullseye will randomly show up on either my actual location, or snapped to my car icon on the street........
SocalToe

Postby Mike-1323 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

skbun wrote:New message received as an Android notification that I've not seen before...

'Cue the trumpets! You were the top sco...' (I can't see the rest of the message because it cut off in the messages notification list, but, I'm guessing it has something to do with scoring in the previous week)

So when I click on that notification, Waze opens, and I'm taken to my Inbox. I receive the error message 'We're sorry, but something went wrong.'

This said, my inbox is empty anyway. I'm guessing a notification was pushed to my client, but a matching message was never put in my inbox.

Ditto
I had the same thing today. I assumed that they accidentally went public with something that they are testing internally.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby skbun » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 pm

New message received as an Android notification that I've not seen before...

'Cue the trumpets! You were the top sco...' (I can't see the rest of the message because it cut off in the messages notification list, but, I'm guessing it has something to do with scoring in the previous week)

So when I click on that notification, Waze opens, and I'm taken to my Inbox. I receive the error message 'We're sorry, but something went wrong.'

This said, my inbox is empty anyway. I'm guessing a notification was pushed to my client, but a matching message was never put in my inbox.
skbun

Postby darkneon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 pm

perlin wrote:
jay185 wrote:
don-quijote wrote:Hello

Today I report police twice, and both time after I get "you helped" message - map was faded to black, only bottom menu button stays active. All others working but map was black. When i press left menu button - main menu appeared and map became visible.

I am experiencing the same issue. Using Galaxy N7000

everything works just fine as long as you dong press that Report button at the lower right corner, pressing it will show the usual Report Menu but once you go back to the map itself, it will just be BLANK, pressing the menu/report button will let you see the map (dimmed) with the menu on top but will just do the exact same thing when going back to the map. the only solution is to restart the app to see the map again.

Please reproduce this on debug mode (search for 2##2) and send logs. Thanks.

I do not have this bug on my n7000 with android 4.1.2

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
darkneon

Postby autourdupc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:15 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
Even when I modify zoom level to zoom in, it change itself and go back to a zoom out level too bad !

Isnt' that because you have autozoom on? Or if not, then yes, I consider it a bug that zoom changes even in manual mode.

Autourdupc wrote:And also, streen names are misplaced on route !
In this case, I can't see where i should turn.

Yes, that is bad, and the road name should be aligned the other direction. In autozoom mode, as you get closer, the map zooms in and the name no longer will cover the intersection (usually).
Perlin has acknowledged a few times that placement of the street names in purple will continue to be tweaked in future versions.

I'm always in manual zoom !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
Even when I modify zoom level to zoom in, it change itself and go back to a zoom out level too bad !

Isnt' that because you have autozoom on? Or if not, then yes, I consider it a bug that zoom changes even in manual mode.

Autourdupc wrote:And also, streen names are misplaced on route !

Yes, that is bad, and the road name should be aligned the other direction. In autozoom mode, as you get closer, the map zooms in and the name no longer will cover the intersection (usually).
Perlin has acknowledged a few times that placement of the street names in purple will continue to be tweaked in future versions.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby autourdupc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Found that Zoom level is not good when in navigation.
And also, streen names are misplaced on route !
Screenshot_2013-03-11-14-12-52.png
(130.12 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App