Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby olestas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Gas stations and prices missing on first launch (in all previous versions too).
Guided tour: sorry, this video cannot be played. (in all previous versions too)
How to edit the map: video is playing, but squished in half screen and portrait only. No landscape. Only half video visible. (in all previous versions too)
Search results disappear after click on map (in all previous versions too).
Moods: Bronze wazer is giant... 2-3 times bigger then other icons (in all previous versions too).
Baby wazers shown on map are GIANT. (in all previous versions too).

Language download was offered on second launch only. Thats new.
Waze is downloading something for some long time without notification of what is happening (not language or tiles).

Android 2.3.3
LG P500
olestas

Postby olestas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 am

Ooops no gps message when nearing destination again.
olestas

Postby olestas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 am

Yep, no gps arrow for me too.
Android 2.3
Lg p500
olestas

Postby olestas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am

Message in inbox about fixed map problem does not scroll. And it moves a little horizontally. So, i can't see whats in lower part of text.
Lg p500
android 2.3.3
Last edited by olestas on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olestas

Crashing when stopped

Postby olorin2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello All:

I posted about this issue in a separate thread, but then came across multiple posts in the feedback thread about the same issue. Is it still a known issue? These were from over a month ago, so I wasn't sure. Waze is crashing when stopping at a light, as well as when I go into Scoreboard, Groups, etc. I'm using a Motorola Razr Maxx HD, running JB 4.1.2. This problem never occurred on my HTC Thunderbolt running Honeycomb. So is this software-related or maybe a hardware problem? I did notice one other user that also had a Moto Razr Maxx HD with this issue. Just wanted to bring it to light again, since this particular problem does not appear to be affecting the majority of users.

khaytsus wrote:Getting really sick of the client crashing at every stop from ads. Really, really sick of it.

Sent dozens of logs both in client and android reports.

CMSFL70 wrote:Crashing problem still exists. When coming to a stop Waze crashes. (I have sent multiple logs.)
Trying to access scoreboard produces a crash.

CrackedLCD wrote:
khaytsus wrote:Will do. Every time it crashes. Every single time from here out.

Sorry it's crashing, but glad to see a few more people are having this issue besides me. It's been doing it every since I got my new phone w/ Jelly Bean.

It's definitely the ads. When the ads go away, so does the crashing.

CrackedLCD wrote:
khaytsus wrote:I suspect if you saw no crashes it didn't try to load any ads. That is why it crashes at "every stoplight".

Right. I suspect there's a radius setting at work and if you're way out from the nearest advertiser's pushpin location, you won't see ads. I can go out in the boonies and the issue goes away.

Right now the only way to avoid the crashes, in my experience, are to either a) keep doing something in Waze (like gas prices or paging through the menus) to keep it occupied, or b) turn off the screen when you come to a stop.

There's also a third way but it involves editing the preferences file and I'm hesitant to share it in the forums because I don't want Waze removing the workaround just to force everyone to see ads (and cause our crashes).

ghostridetheWhip wrote:Galaxy Nexus v4.1.1 - Stock OS

Waze still crashes about 80% of the time when I stop at an intersection.
    Waze still crashes when accessing messages in the inbox (though the actual Inbox menu loads and is stable) and the "Ask a Question" menu.. AS WELL AS All of the following menus: My Waze > "My Specials", "Scoreboard", and "Groups"
    On occasion, Waze crashes while trying to reopen after sending feedback from a prior crash.

I do not use social media w/ Waze thus cannot comment on their functionality.

Interesting enough I have this app installed on a Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and NONE of the aforementioned issues are present in either of these two phones.

Secondly, I have cleared the cache and performed "clean installs" of Waze on the Galaxy Nexus only to experience the same issues. Unfortunately, Waze has become too unstable and not to mention unsafe for me to reopen every 2 minutes while I'm driving. This upsets me as I have endured through these issues for the past few major updates and have not seen the matters been resolved. I used to love using Waze every day; it has helped me become more credible.

I hope maybe I can retain my credibility even without my precious Waze.
olorin2

Postby orbitc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:09 pm

stuffhappens wrote:My phone (Galaxy Note) spontaneously rebooted in Waze tonight - approx 1830 UK time. When I restarted Waze it decided it had encountered a bug and sent logs.

Hey, stuff happens. What you gotto do ;)
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• AT&T | iOS 7.0.4 | Waze v3.7.9.914

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby p33tert » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 am

One observation from yesterday - should my route end on the unnamed segment (parking lot, for example), then the last turn instruction to that segment displays the street name from previous navigation instruction (the street itself could already be a considerable amount of kilometers behind me).
p33tert

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:34 am

Not sure whether anybody reported this.

With waze running, I noticed there are 3 push notifications, foursquare, hotmail & yahoo mail.

After checking both foursquare or Hotmail, when I press the back button, waze will come back.

However after checking yahoo mail, upon pressing the back button, I will be back to my home screen with waze running in the background.
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Malaysia
Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2

Join our FB group: Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

When you approach a speed/red light camera, a pop up alert gives the wazer the option button to ONLY say "Not There".

Please include a "Thanks" button. The reason for the request is that when an alert pops up, the wazers most probably would press the "Not There" button as it's bigger to get rid of the alert instead of pressing the "X" or the back button.

This "Thanks" button should be used to counter vote those "Not There" votes so that an approved camera does not not easily get demoted and it's not productive for editors to keep approving a previously approved camera IMO.

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 am

davipt wrote:
arduino566 wrote:I don't know, but from 3.6 version I can't use the Facebooks settings.

It says 'disconnect', and then when I click on Connect, Waze says "connecting" for a long time, and when I hit Return, it says "Connected", but I can't see my picture, my friends, neither check for what to post (. Is this an Issue? What can I do for fix it?

Not guaranteed, but I had a similar issue during the beta and with some other app (so not 100% related to waze). What I did was going to the settings->Facebook and turn off then on waze access to Facebook, then go to waze and disconnect/reconnect. On the other hand I've been personally having some issues with my Facebook friends list (sometimes 0, sometimes all, sometimes part of it), so there may be some temporary glitch between the Waze servers and Facebook - I'd say from Facebook side, so if the first suggestion doesn't work, try again later or tomorrow :|

Just to add in, I'm also facing the same problem to what you guys are facing. And it's happening every day. :(

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App