Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby DG567 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:
DG567 wrote:I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.

I know a number of users, including myself, requested this as we listen to audiobooks while commuting.

This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

+1
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

yoyo-42 wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

If I start a podcast player (beyondpod on a Samsung i9300 running jellybean) then start waze, on startup the podcast player stops completely and I have to pop out of waze to restart it.

This is a recent change, it worked before and didn't interrupt the podcast except when speaking.

I usually have voice muted anyway.

I think this is partly related to system resources. Beyondpod pauses ok for me, but if the phone is being sluggish it will quit totally.
Likewise, Waze can be put into the background ok most of the time, but if I then run music and send sms, it will quit totally.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm

gildan2020 wrote:Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2. My phone is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth for music listening.

Whenever I start Waze to navigate anywhere, the voice navigation (or any sound from Waze) will interrupt my music app.

Music playing -> Music paused -> Waze voice navigation provide instructions -> Music resumed

Waze used to allow the music to continue playing in the background while it provides the voice navigation. In case you are wondering, the "Route sound to speaker" option is already off.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advanced.
I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm

On a similar subject, when travelling on unnamed roads, Waze uses the NEXT NAMED segment for it's turn instruction.
This is fine in the city for ignoring short, transitional segments. In rural areas though, the next named segment might be several kilometers away.

Perhaps the algorithm should only do this when there is just one transitional segment, or alternatively instruct 'turn ... TOWARDS ...' instead of 'turn ... ON TO ...'. In English, this would make more sense.
In general, Waze is looking really good now.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Can't see how to delete a recent destination from the list in this version?
Used to be: show list - touch on the right - more - trash can. No trash can any more!
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Really like the tilted report bubbles. Could you do the same with the traffic speed bubbles? It's hard to see which side the jam is.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby derekslenk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:14 pm

On the HTC DNA, when navigating, the speedometer and 'center on me' buttons are covered by the settings and report issue buttons on the bottom of the screen.

derekslenk

Postby deeggo » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 am

Yesterday I had a crash while typing in the 3rd gas price. Logs sent from my account on 8:30am GMT+2.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Alan, the app offers the possibility to close for a couple of days. It should do just that, close for a couple of days. Many people do not find the way to the editor.
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:20 pm

blue_tornadoo wrote:When will be there new versions or beta apps? Nothing recognized for a long time??? Will be there new betas or even final versions. What is about the rumors about a new beta platform?

LG Richard.

I hope they keep their focus on more important things for a while, like the routing and the infrastructure stability. New moods can wait :lol:
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App