Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby stungod » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

I agree. The UI for an app like this is one of the most important pieces. And this is a pretty big thing to ignore, considering it's probably not too hard to fix. Surely a change could be included in an upcoming release, or the ability for a user to select the way the nav info is displayed?
stungod

Postby lunarplexus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:07 pm

foxitrot wrote:In the past, there were already proposals, how to reshape the display area, especially this thick block. I do not remember anyone from Waze ever responding to them :sad:

IMHO, something as important as the client GUI should be worth even its own subforum, for proposals, problems, etc. Surely Waze has their own opinion on the client's look and feel.

Right on. I've suggested making it slightly discrete to show more map and the route ahead but nothing has been done till now. Would really appreciate a cleaner nav window.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager - New Delhi NCR | Country Manager - India
Beta Editor Expert | Android Expert
Moto G (2nd Gen) Titan Prime ROM (Android 5.0.2)
lunarplexus

Postby Keihin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
I don't see it mentioned in this thread if I search , but it will switch only if Waze is started within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset. It was acknowledged in the beta threads and Perlin did say it will be discussed with the developers for possible change in an upcoming version.

As asked, could you verify if the recent change for daylight savings in most countries affected this, or is the 30 minutes still valid?

That explains it :-)

My discoveries were before DS occurred, but I will try to test this as soon as I have a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Country Coordinator, Norway (NorWaze)
Regional Manager Nordland, Sør-Trøndelag og Nord-Trøndelag
Waze HowTo Norge
Keihin
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby SocalToe » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Lost all sound again today.

Had to completely remove Waze (make sure you get the waze dir on SD card) and reinstall to fix.

One note:

Yesterday I installed updates of the GasBuddy and 'Easy Installer - Install apk'

apps

Don't know how an update to another app would affect waze
Ed
SocalToe

Postby argus-cronos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 am

This was reported on 7. Feb. In a Beta thread and still happens.
Logs sent today 13.22 cet
davipt wrote:I've noticed now a regression on the official client (can't test right now the beta, it's on the "old" iPhone at home):

- Select a segment on the map.
- click more->set as start point
- pick up another point as destination (for example, from the favorites, like work)

now
1. pick "go". everything is ok

2. pick "routes", click on the any route, everything is ok

3. pick "routes", click on map, click ok (or pick a route, doesn't matter). The route on the map is now a route from where I am to the destination, not the choosen start point.

The crucial point here is to open the map view of the alternative routes. Not opening the map works as intended
argus-cronos
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby petervdveen » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 pm

When adding a stop, the route goes to the stop. Then after that back to the point where I'm now and then continues to the final destination.

I almost never get the fastest route btw, when having a stop.
Also when I'm leaving the freeway an exit too early it (heading for my final destination) it lest me go back to the freeway the leave at the correct exit.
Example:
http://goo.gl/maps/6KyNY
I took the exit right after 'A'.
Then I got that route.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby gildan2020 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 am

Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2. My phone is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth for music listening.

Whenever I start Waze to navigate anywhere, the voice navigation (or any sound from Waze) will interrupt my music app.

Music playing -> Music paused -> Waze voice navigation provide instructions -> Music resumed

Waze used to allow the music to continue playing in the background while it provides the voice navigation. In case you are wondering, the "Route sound to speaker" option is already off.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advanced.
gildan2020

Postby foxitrot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:00 am

The client is frequently loosing recently driven targets from the list.

The client is frequently loosing recently added favorites from the list.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm

StunGod wrote:I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find anything recent on this: is there any plan to reduce the amount of screen real estate the directions block takes up on the screen? We lose about 1/3 of the useful screen space in landscape mode, all the time. It's useful when approaching a turn or the destination, but absolutely useless to take all that space when my next turn is 5, 10, 20, 100 miles away. Any way to toggle it so it only shows up when necessary?

We're constantly working on the UI and trying to make it look (and feel) better. The upcoming version will include more tweaks and improvements.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:38 pm

StunGod wrote:I agree. The UI for an app like this is one of the most important pieces. And this is a pretty big thing to ignore, considering it's probably not too hard to fix.

First of all, we're certainly not ignoring this issue, nor your requests/suggestions on this matter.
Secondly, "not too hard to fix" is not something that you can say about UI, since it's something that needs to fit and satisfy multiple users, from all over the spectrum (device-wise). It's not a single and simple bug, but a continuing task of adjustment.
We're constantly working on our UI and the upcoming version will include more improvements.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App