Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby petervdveen » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 am

No button:

2013-03-12_22-39-27.png
2013-03-12_22-39-27.png (136.37 KiB) Viewed 789 times
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby petervdveen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:31 am

That's the Waze blackhole.
Everything that goes wrong ends up there.

o.oo, o.oo
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby petervdveen » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 pm

When adding a stop, the route goes to the stop. Then after that back to the point where I'm now and then continues to the final destination.

I almost never get the fastest route btw, when having a stop.
Also when I'm leaving the freeway an exit too early it (heading for my final destination) it lest me go back to the freeway the leave at the correct exit.
Example:
http://goo.gl/maps/6KyNY
I took the exit right after 'A'.
Then I got that route.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby pixelgeek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:03 am

I now quite often have the problem that map tiles are not loading fast enough. This sometimes leaves me with only the purple navigation line on screen which is not very useful.

At the same time it seems that there are now two different versions of map tiles: zoomed in and zoomed out? sometimes one of them is loaded and the other not, which results in the app switching between "no map" and "map" when my Auto-Zoom is changing...

Maybe it would make sense to preload all the maptiles along a route when starting the journey? Or compress the data to make the transfer quicker?

Assuming that map tiles are getting refreshed on a more frequent basis now, they probably need to be downloaded to the phone more frequently as well... So this problem might occur even more in the future...
Wazing in Finland / Switzerland
AM Switzerland: Ostschweiz - St.Gallen - Appenzell
HTC Sensation / Android Revolution HD / Waze Beta Tester
pixelgeek

Postby PopeJay » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 am

don-quijote wrote:Hello

Today I report police twice, and both time after I get "you helped" message - map was faded to black, only bottom menu button stays active. All others working but map was black. When i press left menu button - main menu appeared and map became visible.

I am experiencing the same issue. Using Galaxy N7000

everything works just fine as long as you dong press that Report button at the lower right corner, pressing it will show the usual Report Menu but once you go back to the map itself, it will just be BLANK, pressing the menu/report button will let you see the map (dimmed) with the menu on top but will just do the exact same thing when going back to the map. the only solution is to restart the app to see the map again.

this is frustrating.
PopeJay

Re: Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby PopeJay » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:54 am

jay185 wrote:

Today I report police twice, and both time after I get "you helped" message - map was faded to black, only bottom menu button stays active. All others working but map was black. When i press left menu button - main menu appeared and map became visible.

everything works just fine as long as you dong press that Report button at the lower right corner, pressing it will show the usual Report Menu but once you go back to the map itself, it will just be BLANK, pressing the menu/report button will let you see the map (dimmed) with the menu on top but will just do the exact same thing when going back to the map. the only solution is to restart the app to see the map again.

this is frustrating.

I removed the waze app and tried the latest beta before the one in play store. I got the exact same result. Pressing the report button will dim the map like usual but returning to the map will then blank the map. :( I hope the devs can say something about this.

Sent from Mobile Device
PopeJay

Postby PopeJay » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 am

perlin wrote:
jay185 wrote:

Please reproduce this on debug mode (search for 2##2) and send logs. Thanks.

i just did. i did the 2##2, it went to debug mode, reproduced the problem and sent the logs through the waze app. is that right?
PopeJay

Postby PopeJay » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jay185 wrote:i just did. i did the 2##2, it went to debug mode, reproduced the problem and sent the logs through the waze app. is that right?

Yes! (Nice work!) Post the date/time you uploaded so Perlin can connect the logs with the issue.

Tapatalk made me do it.

i did it when i replied. should be before Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am
PopeJay

Postby porubcan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:02 pm

twist3r wrote:I've tried to install it from Play. There is written version 3.6 and the date is correct. But when I install the program, it installs the old version 3.5.0.0

in my case correct version 3.6.0.0 is in Help/About menu.
installation went just fine. settings preserved.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 3.9.4.0 on HTC One, Android 5.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby porubcan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:30 pm

jdeyoung wrote:Can't remember if I've seen this before or not.
Yesterday I received the popup "Waze has found a better" route SEVERAL times with no ETA change and no change to the next direction.
Time saved was "blank".
Eventually I got a message to exit the highway and re-enter - but still with no time saved - no change in ETA to home.

not sure if it is somehow related to this: http://status.waze.com/intl-server-issues-with-eta
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 3.9.4.0 on HTC One, Android 5.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App