Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby Olestas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 am

Ooops no gps message when nearing destination again.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Thiago_Felix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 am

I have a bug report to do.

At the Android Client when there a radar ahead, the icon of the radar on the road blinks in blue when its on your route, right? However, it blinks only at the very first time you open the app. The next radar on your route will be alert but it will not blink in blue anymore, unless you quit the app and start it again, then you will see it blink again when there a radar on the route.

Anyone know why this happen? My wife has an iphone and in the IOS app this problem doesn't exist. The radar icon blinks everytime when there's a radar on the route.

Regards.
Thiago_Felix

Postby foxitrot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 am

When no network is available, the bottom ETA box is completely overlaid with "Looking for network to give you a more precise ETA etc." - indefinitely.

While i'd appreciate it, in the mean time at least a flip-flop between this message and the "wrong" ETA would be nice.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby whatever2015 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

BUGS:
when approaching destination (im in the USA)
it speaks approaching destination and a popup comes up about the gps signal was lost.

when i choose add a stop, it doesn't search for places on the route when I use the search box it searches for places around me. I have to choose a category for it to look for places along the route
whatever2015

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I did not notice this in the Beta, but doing a category search will show random centered result headings instead of being left aligned for a few of the results when you check other result providers and then return to a previously selected provider, i.e. get results, go to Foursquare tab, then Google tab and back to Foursquare tab.
This seems always true for #1 in the list, more random further down the list.

Screenshot_2013-03-01-20-18-03.png
(93.02 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby carlosvasco » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

We have an issue here in Colombia. The gas prices are in thousands. For example regular gas price on average is $8400 COP.

In the US the prices are arround 4 or 3 USD.

When Im in a gas station I can't report prices because of format. The app expects prices in units of dollars. Not in thousands of pesos, our currency

Please fix it.

Congratulations. This app helps me a lot to avoid traffic

Greetings from Medellin - Colombia.

Im using Waze on Android. A smartphone Samsung mini 2
carlosvasco

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm

When you approach a speed/red light camera, a pop up alert gives the wazer the option button to ONLY say "Not There".

Please include a "Thanks" button. The reason for the request is that when an alert pops up, the wazers most probably would press the "Not There" button as it's bigger to get rid of the alert instead of pressing the "X" or the back button.

This "Thanks" button should be used to counter vote those "Not There" votes so that an approved camera does not not easily get demoted and it's not productive for editors to keep approving a previously approved camera IMO.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Lonewolf147 wrote:I noticed this problem a couple versions ago, but it never bothered me enough to report it. When I'm navigating somewhere, whenever I reach a point within about a quarter of mile from my destination I get a popup saying that I've lost the GPS signal. Then about a few seconds later it disappears and all is normal with no actual interruption of navigation.

I saw a few other posts on the subject, but they were all posted last year and nothing else current.

This has been reported repeatedly through the beta and last couple app store versions. The lost gps signal error appears when the audio alert for nearing the destination plays. It doesn't happen every time but it does happen often. It is apparently not important for Waze to fix this type error as it is to incorporate new features and advertisements.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby goimir » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Didn't see this reported yet, but if I have "location services by tower" AND "gps" selected in my phone, waze refuses to maintain a gps lock.

I just make my phone use gps only as a workaround. Should I recreate the problem and send a log?
goimir

Postby Lonewolf147 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:15 pm

I noticed this problem a couple versions ago, but it never bothered me enough to report it. When I'm navigating somewhere, whenever I reach a point within about a quarter of mile from my destination I get a popup saying that I've lost the GPS signal. Then about a few seconds later it disappears and all is normal with no actual interruption of navigation.

I saw a few other posts on the subject, but they were all posted last year and nothing else current.
Lonewolf147
State Manager
State Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App