Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby DG567 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm

gildan2020 wrote:Hi,

I am using Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android version 4.1.2. My phone is connected to the car stereo via bluetooth for music listening.

Whenever I start Waze to navigate anywhere, the voice navigation (or any sound from Waze) will interrupt my music app.

Music playing -> Music paused -> Waze voice navigation provide instructions -> Music resumed

Waze used to allow the music to continue playing in the background while it provides the voice navigation. In case you are wondering, the "Route sound to speaker" option is already off.

Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks in advanced.
I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:20 pm

DG567 wrote:I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.

I know a number of users, including myself, requested this as we listen to audiobooks while commuting.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby X-Files-Mulder » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:33 pm

I've been using the app daily for about 4 months now, and for the most part I really like it.
Some feedback:
1 - I really, really, REALLY want to see the traffic status (road speed) updated much more frequently. I've noticed it takes a REALLY long time before the freeways show traffic, even when I'm sitting in very heavy traffic. Unfortunately, I've found the app is not very useful for deciding on whether a particular route has a lot of traffic the way it works now. I regularly see half a dozen or more Wazer's reports of traffic, but the display shows full speed. Not terribly helpful for a traffic app.
2 - You need a "report vehicle stopped in road" option! Seen this several times and no way to report.

Thank you!
X-Files-Mulder

Postby autourdupc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:17 am

Mike-1323 wrote:
DG567 wrote:I think this was changed because users requested it. Personally, I prefer it to pause because I listen to vocal podcasts in the background.

I know a number of users, including myself, requested this as we listen to audiobooks while commuting.

This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Yoyo-42 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:39 am

Autourdupc wrote:This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

If I start a podcast player (beyondpod on a Samsung i9300 running jellybean) then start waze, on startup the podcast player stops completely and I have to pop out of waze to restart it.

This is a recent change, it worked before and didn't interrupt the podcast except when speaking.

I usually have voice muted anyway.
Yoyo-42

Postby ultragreg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 am

johngilbert65 wrote:I've been using the app daily for about 4 months now, and for the most part I really like it.
Some feedback:
1 - I really, really, REALLY want to see the traffic status (road speed) updated much more frequently. I've noticed it takes a REALLY long time before the freeways show traffic, even when I'm sitting in very heavy traffic. Unfortunately, I've found the app is not very useful for deciding on whether a particular route has a lot of traffic the way it works now. I regularly see half a dozen or more Wazer's reports of traffic, but the display shows full speed. Not terribly helpful for a traffic app.
2 - You need a "report vehicle stopped in road" option! Seen this several times and no way to report.

Thank you!

Totally agree with you.

Waze does not always offer an alternative when there is a lot of traffic on a road. Next my home, I have a freeway and a primary street, which are parallel. When the Freeway have traffic (<20km/h), Waze never propose me to take the Primary street, it always suggests to take the freeway...
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Z2
ultragreg
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 pm

yoyo-42 wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

If I start a podcast player (beyondpod on a Samsung i9300 running jellybean) then start waze, on startup the podcast player stops completely and I have to pop out of waze to restart it.

This is a recent change, it worked before and didn't interrupt the podcast except when speaking.

I usually have voice muted anyway.

I think this is partly related to system resources. Beyondpod pauses ok for me, but if the phone is being sluggish it will quit totally.
Likewise, Waze can be put into the background ok most of the time, but if I then run music and send sms, it will quit totally.
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DG567 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:

This should be a setting... And permits all users to select their needs !

+1
DG567
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Mike-1323 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

I can't perform a category search anywhere except my current location.

Specifically, if I manually pan the map and tap-hold a location and open the information page about that location and then select more -> set as start point then select categories -> gas stations and prices from the navigation menu, I get the stations around my current location, not my selected start point location.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby nogetandet » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

perlin wrote:What's New in this Version

✓ Optimized performance and multiple bug fixes

After this performance improvement, it feels like it activates the 750pts bonus, a bit too fast.

Just after you start driving after a stop (and it want to give me a bonus), it place the bonus after too short driving. Sometimes the GPS-signal isn't good, and it moves a bit around. So in may cases, it place it in the wrong direction, or too far away (if I turn before I reach it).

I know I'll get it later, but it is still a bit frustrating.

Can you put a delay in, so the position have to be moved at least 50 metres in the driving direction (after the stop). And not after the next intersection.

Or maybe it's only at my Android version 4.1.2 ??

/Dan
ImageImageImage
Area Manager | Country Manager: Denmark |
WME Beta-tester | APP Beta Tester |
| Dansk Wiki | General Wiki | Script forum
nogetandet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App