Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 pm

foxitrot wrote:I set my display to 3D.
When I request a route, or tap Menu / Routes and let the alt. routes be displayed on (a 2D) map, choose one of them and tap Go, I'm back to the main map. Just that it is suddenly 2D.

What do you have on the auto-zoom setting? I has this issue on the iPhone with auto-zoom off.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DonJ2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Add me to the list of users that miss the Foursquare checkin button. The new button location does not work so well if you're trying to checkin to a venue that is along your route (like hitting the McDonald's drive through for coffee while travelling to work destination), or if you've reached your destination without using navigation in the first place. Very frustrating.

Question: Does the sound mute feature of this new version mute ALL sound like the beta version did? If it does, then I have an issue with that change too. When I travel between work and home, I enable navigation to get the best route, but I don't need the turn-by-turn instructions, so I use MUTE. But now, mute will also mute alerts along the way. I really don't want to watch the screen the entire trip just to make sure I don't miss a road alert.
DonJ2

Postby davipt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm

mjt543 wrote:Life might be a journey, but easily documenting arrival at your destination has always been nice. Since Waze seems to want to brand its app as much as a social tool as a navigation one (i.e., social integration, Map Chat, navigation share), seems keeping the destination-specific social features more prominently featured over those like Map Chat (that I should probably avoid using while I'm navigating anyway) would be part of that branding strategy.

I think Waze themselves couldn't explain their decision better than you just said here.

Waze has both a navigation and a social part, and it's important for safety reasons that they are relatively separated in the sense of having stuff to be used while driving separated from stuff to be used before and after the driving. The left and the right menu. Hence why *personally* (*1) I don't mind loosing the foursquare icon from the report menu because that menu is meant to be used while driving. When stopped in traffic I may want to (publicly) chat and ask the guy in front of me about the accident, but I surely don't want to checkin somewhere in the middle of the road (*2).

And then all features related to sharing stuff, routes, origins and destinations, are all together on the same place, being it foursquare, Facebook or any other user via email and sms.

So then you mention that it should be easy to easily document the arrival at the destination, which in this version is still two clicks away, with the advantage that sharing with other networks now became also two clicks away and all consistent.

*1 this is my personal opinion as a heavy user of both waze and foursquare, and "collaborator" on both. My opinions are my own and have nothing to do with waze or being a champ, which by the way I am only for some days. I'm a wazer driver just like you all.

*2 if you do want to safely checkin in the middle of the road, I can point you to my own foursquare app, but unfortunately it's iOS only as I never got the time to finish the Android version ;)
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 pm

davipt wrote:
mjt543 wrote:I'm going to add the +1Million for adding back the dedicated Foursquare checkin button. If Waze is supposed to create as hands-free of a navigation app as possible, why make me punch three or four times to get to that feature, and even then, it's so far from the Foursquare-style checkin option we saw in previous Waze versions.

Waze is a navigation app, not a foursquare app. The foursquare checkin is still there, but exactly where it's meant to be - available only when you reach your destination, or available when you want to *share* your destination.

And when you have 14 destinations a day like I do, the time spent digging in the menu for the checkin feature adds a buttload of time, same as loading a whole other app to do what used to be easy and convenient.

I don't navigate, either. I am strictly here to edit and contribute traffic data. I already know where I'm going. Usually. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby maryjayjay » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Still can't use my bluetooth pause button in application when using a media player in the background. Still never seen acknowledgement of the issue.
maryjayjay

Postby Kobayashi_Maru » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

davipt wrote:
mjt543 wrote:I'm going to add the +1Million for adding back the dedicated Foursquare checkin button. If Waze is supposed to create as hands-free of a navigation app as possible, why make me punch three or four times to get to that feature, and even then, it's so far from the Foursquare-style checkin option we saw in previous Waze versions.

Waze is a navigation app, not a foursquare app. The foursquare checkin is still there, but exactly where it's meant to be - available only when you reach your destination, or available when you want to *share* your destination.

Life might be a journey, but easily documenting arrival at your destination has always been nice. Since Waze seems to want to brand its app as much as a social tool as a navigation one (i.e., social integration, Map Chat, navigation share), seems keeping the destination-specific social features more prominently featured over those like Map Chat (that I should probably avoid using while I'm navigating anyway) would be part of that branding strategy.
Kobayashi_Maru

Postby CBenson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Nacron wrote:Having so much issues with play store version vs the last beta.

Didn't think there was a difference.
perlin wrote:
darkneon wrote:Are there any changes in this release compared to the latest beta?

Nope.

Nacron wrote:Traffic layer does not even show up for me.

My setting Menu>Settings>Advanced>Data transfer>Download traffic info was off. Is your's on or off?
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Nacron » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Having so much issues with play store version vs the last beta. Traffic layer does not even show up for me. Tried to uninstall and now I can't use the restore favorite command, tells me I don't have Internet connection and closes the app. Going back to beta.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby CBenson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:33 pm

In responding to the thread here I entered waze as the mapping app to route to a location found in the yelp app. As noted there waze started on the search screen for the address of the location found in yelp.
Now every time I start waze, it starts at the search screen for the address I selected in yelp.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm

After recalculating my route once or twice, the stop point got suddenly ignored by the route. Discarding and readding the stop point forced the route to be placed through the location, but it was violet in its entirety. After restarting the route and adding the stop point again, the initial part was again rendered in pink.

It happened and logs were sent a few minutes ago.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App