Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:25 pm

arduino566 wrote:I don't know, but from 3.6 version I can't use the Facebooks settings.

It says 'disconnect', and then when I click on Connect, Waze says "connecting" for a long time, and when I hit Return, it says "Connected", but I can't see my picture, my friends, neither check for what to post (. Is this an Issue? What can I do for fix it?

Not guaranteed, but I had a similar issue during the beta and with some other app (so not 100% related to waze). What I did was going to the settings->Facebook and turn off then on waze access to Facebook, then go to waze and disconnect/reconnect. On the other hand I've been personally having some issues with my Facebook friends list (sometimes 0, sometimes all, sometimes part of it), so there may be some temporary glitch between the Waze servers and Facebook - I'd say from Facebook side, so if the first suggestion doesn't work, try again later or tomorrow :|
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby arduino566 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm

I don't know, but from 3.6 version I can't use the Facebooks settings.

It says 'disconnect', and then when I click on Connect, Waze says "connecting" for a long time, and when I hit Return, it says "Connected", but I can't see my picture, my friends, neither check for what to post (. Is this an Issue? What can I do for fix it?
arduino566

Postby autourdupc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Still have Zoom issue like previous version (in manual zoom setting).
Waze change zoom level. It zoom out sometimes and do not restore previous zoom level.

We need to have an indicator on the screen with actual zoom level. So we can find when zoom is changing by itself !
Very boring this zoom bug, too old now !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby vernl4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:36 pm

khaytsus wrote:2 - I'm beginning to think this was intentional and not coming back. Maybe so they can show more ads and crash Waze every time you stop....................

I have no problem with ads. I understand they need to make money, but how about traffic reports after an ad? I also have to ask, why does my screen start to zoom out likes it's going to show something, freeze, then zoom back in? Seems like some sort of glitch to me...

Tom
vernl4
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CMSFL70 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Ok I have had the update for just about 24 hours now.

Crashing problem still exists. When coming to a stop Waze crashes. (I have sent multiple logs.)
Trying to access scoreboard produces a crash.
No popups of reports in the area.
GPS seems to have issues locking on-map rotates trying to figure out which direction I am headed. Never did this before.
When stopped after a restart from crash map seems to constantly zoom in and out.

I keep trying to use this app but it is proving to be too unstable and unreliable to use
CMSFL70

Postby khaytsus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

VernL4 wrote:Installation went just fine... However, I've noticed a few problems.

1. This morning I told Waze I was going to work. I added a stop, but when I got to the stop, navigation stopped and my route was cleared, that's new... :?:

2. Nearby reports are still not popping up when I am sitting still.

3. It now appears that the location of other Wazers is not being updated. I saw a wazer on my screen, and thirty minutes later I zoomed out to look around, and that user was still displayed in the same location.

Tom

1 - Same thing yesterday, I set it for Home, add Dest kids school. I arrive at kids school and I got the "You have arrived at Home" announcement.

2 - I'm beginning to think this was intentional and not coming back. Maybe so they can show more ads and crash Waze every time you stop....................

3 - Hadn't noticed this one, but I rarely pay attention to other Wazers on the map beyond a quick glance at the density.
khaytsus

Postby khaytsus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:42 pm

TigPT wrote:This morning i passed a works on road, and i marked it but i was driving so let the details to insert later.

After a bit i passed a traffic jam and marked, and the road works warning just disappeared from the "later side bar" so it was not submitted.

Maybe a but there, try replicate it.

It only saves one, you can't queue up multiple reports.
khaytsus

Postby autourdupc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Wanted to alert for road closure... Unable to select the correct street closed !
Red arrow is the exact position of road closure.

It is currently designed that you can only close a road connected to the one you are on. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

We asked for other ways to close streets, including those further away by the tap-hold method. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to close streets in more ways, but this is the only way for now.

Of course I'm on the road... The road is not closed at the beginning but in the middle... And it is when I encountered the Closed section that I wanted to report that the road is closed from my position !
Closing an entire road is not a good solution. In my case one can drive on it till it find the real closure. A closure can be at the end of a very long road !
And if Waze take care of house numbers to route someone to a destination, maybe the destination can be reach on a road partially closed at its end.

This was the case for me !
Because of roads constructions, I was not able to reach my destination because entire roads were closed... And it was not the fact !
I had to use google navigation to reach my correct destination.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby vernl4 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Installation went just fine... However, I've noticed a few problems.

1. This morning I told Waze I was going to work. I added a stop, but when I got to the stop, navigation stopped and my route was cleared, that's new... :?:

2. Nearby reports are still not popping up when I am sitting still.

3. It now appears that the location of other Wazers is not being updated. I saw a wazer on my screen, and thirty minutes later I zoomed out to look around, and that user was still displayed in the same location.

Tom
vernl4
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby P_H76 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Get this as soon as I try to make a route of a previous destination or a favourite since updating to 3.6

S2 with 4.0.4
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-02-28-12-29-32.png
(74.49 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
Last edited by P_H76 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P_H76

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App