Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am

foxitrot wrote:On both Monday (or was it rather Tuesday?) and Wednesday mornings I've stopped on red light near a GS (the same one), the update price question popped up. I've agreed to update prices, the dialog with four N/A's popped up. I've closed it, opened the "right button menu - GS prices - select GS - update" and suddenly two of the prices were visible. I've immediately sent logs both times, unfortunately not noticed that debug mode was off (because of the release version).

Seen the same bug. And not only me: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23354&p=377609#p377609
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby TigPT » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

This morning i passed a works on road, and i marked it but i was driving so let the details to insert later.

After a bit i passed a traffic jam and marked, and the road works warning just disappeared from the "later side bar" so it was not submitted.

Maybe a but there, try replicate it.
TigPT

Postby foxitrot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

On both Monday (or was it rather Tuesday?) and Wednesday mornings I've stopped on red light near a GS (the same one), the update price question popped up. I've agreed to update prices, the dialog with four N/A's popped up. I've closed it, opened the "right button menu - GS prices - select GS - update" and suddenly two of the prices were visible. I've immediately sent logs both times, unfortunately not noticed that debug mode was off (because of the release version).

Here are screenshots from yesterday: (I assume 12829594 is myself - the client infrastructure seems to be running into similar problems like the editor does? :o)

SC20130227-064557__.png
(20.29 KiB) Downloaded 928 times

SC20130227-064611__.png
(22.23 KiB) Downloaded 928 times
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Could be Alan. Maybe you're right. Or it just doesn't work :grin:

If it takes several users reporting the same closure, it will hardly ever work. Since this works as a TR on a node, it requires all users to report that exact same TR, not a tiny segment earlier.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jdeyoung » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 pm

perlin wrote:
darkneon wrote:Are there any changes in this release compared to the latest beta?

Nope.

Sigh.
Is there even any acknowledgment that anyone is looking into why there continues to be the "unfortunately waze has stopped"?
What's the point in adding new features and not fixing old bugs and calling it a "production" update?
jdeyoung

Location: Greater Chicago Metro area, NW Indiana, SW Lower MI, USA

Postby khaytsus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:53 pm

khaytsus wrote:"No changes", but happily there is at least one change; I'm not crashing when viewing "web views" like Scoreboard, ads, etc. Yay, no more "Waze crashed at stoplight" :)

Belay that, crashes every time I view ads again. Sigh.
khaytsus

Postby jimbolaya » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 pm

After recovering my phone from a bad upgrade, I realized that I can no longer set myself to be anonymous on an ongoing basis. I have to go "My Waze" and select "Go invisible" every time!!!

I don't really care if I'm "invisible", but I would like it if my user information didn't just pop up. There doesn't seem to be a "Privacy" section where you can set your location to "Anonymous". Your documentation at http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Android_User_Manual still lists that as an option.

Hope to be Anonymous soon.
jimbolaya

Postby CrackedLCD » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Old issues still present: crash on scoreboard, crash on ad popup when stopped.

New issue: Waze now only works once from the home screen shortcut. After upgrading, I was able to start Waze two or three times this way, but then it asked me to rate the app - so I did, and since then when I click on the Waze app button it goes to Play store. I can now only open Waze from the Play store. I tried deleting and redoing the home screen shortcut, uninstalling and reinstalling Waze and going to the app drawer's icon. No dice. First time it works, then after that it only goes to Play store. Very, very weird.

Edit: Update on the screwy shortcut. I was able to load Waze via an NFC tag (I have it programmed to set up the phone for Waze when I get in my car) and after that, the shortcut works again. However when exiting Waze, Play Store loads, so it's still not 'quite right'.

Logs from my device have been sent, between 2:30-3:00pm central today. This is about as close to a show-stopper as I've ever seen with Waze. Updates are supposed to improve things, not make them worse. :(
Last edited by CrackedLCD on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby areoborg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

When I come to a stop, the map zooms out when I'm not navigating anywhere.
This happens when either Auto-Zoom by Distance or No Auto-Zoom is selected.

This is really annoying because every time I stop, I have to fiddle with the map to get it back to the way I want it.
areoborg

Postby floppyrod84 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Makes sense mate. Would've liked to see an announcement about that though. Usually something on the site for updates :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App