Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:44 pm

eichmat wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin !
When do you think we will get the report for "Vehicule stopped on road" on the client ?
This should be very usefull !

Agreed--could have used that the other night--an 18-wheeler (aka lorry) was stuck in the right light of a divided highway...I ended up just reported it as an debris (traffic was already forming up behind it, so no one was going to be surprised by it...).

Great idea + throw in 'Traffic lights/signals not working' too
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Postby stuffhappens » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 pm

My phone (Galaxy Note) spontaneously rebooted in Waze tonight - approx 1830 UK time. When I restarted Waze it decided it had encountered a bug and sent logs.

Edit: I've just replaced the phone's battery as it was not charging properly and suddenly went from 90 to 40% charged (not in Waze) the other day, so this was probably not a Waze problem.
Last edited by stuffhappens on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Postby StunGod » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:22 pm

I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find anything recent on this: is there any plan to reduce the amount of screen real estate the directions block takes up on the screen? We lose about 1/3 of the useful screen space in landscape mode, all the time. It's useful when approaching a turn or the destination, but absolutely useless to take all that space when my next turn is 5, 10, 20, 100 miles away. Any way to toggle it so it only shows up when necessary?
StunGod

Postby StunGod » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

I agree. The UI for an app like this is one of the most important pieces. And this is a pretty big thing to ignore, considering it's probably not too hard to fix. Surely a change could be included in an upcoming release, or the ability for a user to select the way the nav info is displayed?
StunGod

Postby swallowingled » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 am

perlin wrote:
magicy2l wrote:
danohi wrote:Did this release cause us to lose the ability to delete a favorite? Would love to gain that back, as will as the ability to sort the favorites like the Iphone folks.

i found that favorites are still able to delete.. if you go to 'navigate' then 'favorites' then the 'blue info icon to the right' of the favorite.. there's a 'remove' button there..
but I think this is referring to navigation history that is unable to delete.. it shows an 'add' button instead..

Correct. You can remove a favorite but not history items. We are aware of it and will fix it.

This is a big problem since I use waze a lot. When is this bug going to be fixed?
swallowingled

Postby the1who » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:23 am

Had wife drive around and I was playing around with different menus and options. I still see that that distance to reports when you look at the reports page, the distance still overflows the visual boundary.

When I go to share ride, the bottom of the screen is cutoff and no scrolling to see what is there, expect if overran screen edge to be scrollable, or if not then shrink-to-fit.

Waze Champ, USA Region 3 (Plains) Coordinator, and Country Manager
Android Expert
Direct E-mail: waze.midwest@gmail.com

Nexus 5 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8
Nexus 7 - JB 4.4.2 | Waze 3.7.8

Waze FAQ | Best Map Editing Practice | Waze chat IRC
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Thiago_Felix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 am

I have a bug report to do.

At the Android Client when there a radar ahead, the icon of the radar on the road blinks in blue when its on your route, right? However, it blinks only at the very first time you open the app. The next radar on your route will be alert but it will not blink in blue anymore, unless you quit the app and start it again, then you will see it blink again when there a radar on the route.

Anyone know why this happen? My wife has an iphone and in the IOS app this problem doesn't exist. The radar icon blinks everytime when there's a radar on the route.

Regards.
Área Manager: Niterói, São Gonçalo e Região.
ImageImage
Thiago_Felix

Postby TigPT » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

This morning i passed a works on road, and i marked it but i was driving so let the details to insert later.

After a bit i passed a traffic jam and marked, and the road works warning just disappeared from the "later side bar" so it was not submitted.

Maybe a but there, try replicate it.
iPhone 4 - iOS 6.1 - not Jailbreaked
TigPT

Postby TonyG-UK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

It may be blocked - by an accident for example, in which case it makes perfect sense. Not sure if you were just being sarcastic.
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK
TonyG-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby trixieindixie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:58 am

I have tried to make a report using voice commands - just a simple "heavy traffic." I did this while stopped in traffic with no ambient sound inside my vehicle. I tried speaking at different volumes and speeds, and every single time, the app responded that it "could not hear" me and subsequently canceled the report function. I tried over and over, every way I could think of. Any ideas? My other voice activated apps all work fine.
trixieindixie

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App