Android 3.6 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Re: Android 3.6 official feedback thread

Postby petervdveen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Perlin, I had the crashes again today around 17.00 CET
I uploaded logs (1 minute ago) 20:25 CET

I had about 3 crashes in total.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby khaytsus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:23 pm

"No changes", but happily there is at least one change; I'm not crashing when viewing "web views" like Scoreboard, ads, etc. Yay, no more "Waze crashed at stoplight" :)
khaytsus

Postby deeggo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:09 pm

In the betas road closures were only supposed to work for yourself and not for others. In all betas I have tested this and have never been properly routed around them. Now it is advertised in Play Store as if road closures work for people around you.

So the question is, which one is it? Works for none/only me/everyone?

And if it's supposed to fully work, where is the system to report failures, abuse etc?
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I'll assume the logic is that if you can't drive on a road at all, Waze will never see traffic and think it is fine. But if you CAN drive on a road and you get stuck, Waze can see that traffic.

That said, being able to report a point of no return would be good. Following the apparent turn restriction type logic it seems to be using, maybe it can restrict the turn that you took to get to the point at which you are now stuck.
WeeeZer14

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 pm

TonyG-UK wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

It may be blocked - by an accident for example, in which case it makes perfect sense. Not sure if you were just being sarcastic.

Ah, I see, yes. I failed to consider that. Yeah, that would be nice, and I think was part of the feedback we gave them during beta. And here we are. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby TonyG-UK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

It may be blocked - by an accident for example, in which case it makes perfect sense. Not sure if you were just being sarcastic.
TonyG-UK

Postby Wajo357 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Even though I don't use foursquare, I'm going to ask it because I know it will come eventually. Did the feature go away or is it hidden somewhere else?
Wajo357

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Wanted to alert for road closure... Unable to select the correct street closed !
Red arrow is the exact position of road closure.

It is currently designed that you can only close a road connected to the one you are on. It doesn't actually make sense to close the road you are on, because clearly it isn't closed: you're driving on it.

We asked for other ways to close streets, including those further away by the tap-hold method. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to close streets in more ways, but this is the only way for now.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:40 pm

It's basically setting a temporary turn restriction by the look of it, so there's no way to close a road per se
dmcconachie

Postby twist3r » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:38 pm

I guess you can't close that one because you're already on it. It's weird to report that a road is closed but you drive on it :) Perhaps the gps position was not very accurate and in fact you're behind that junction. My guess ...
twist3r
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App