Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by NoDamnClue_co_uk
Re: Road Closure discussion thread
Postby CBenson » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm

So today, M Street SE in Washington is closed due to the shootings at the Navy Yard. I could not close the ramp from I-695 to M Street as I passed it. I could manage to hit the little arrow, but that didn't enable the "Next" button.
MClosure.png
Hello, Did anybody answer this question? I am having the same issue.
I am unable to add a road closure. I can open the road closure screen but after selecting the direction of closure I cannot continue. The 'Next' button is greyed out. Help
NoDamnClue_co_uk
Send a message

Post by orbitc
I tested the feature as well.
This morning and one other time, Waze gave me an error saying: "sorry, message could not sent", yet it placed the road closure icon on the map.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
This morning I tried to mark a road with "construction" it wouldn't work. It would put a logo but road remains white. I also get an error.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by paulkok_my
finbarr69 wrote:
Re: Road Closure discussion thread
Postby CBenson » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:54 pm

So today, M Street SE in Washington is closed due to the shootings at the Navy Yard. I could not close the ramp from I-695 to M Street as I passed it. I could manage to hit the little arrow, but that didn't enable the "Next" button.
MClosure.png
Hello, Did anybody answer this question? I am having the same issue.
I am unable to add a road closure. I can open the road closure screen but after selecting the direction of closure I cannot continue. The 'Next' button is greyed out. Help
What version of the client are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by rottielover
I think time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9EKWfE[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | To Do - St. Louis MO
To Do - Missouri | Missouri Mapping Resources | Missouri Forum

Post by scarlogarcia
http://www.waze.com/blog/
So, How Does It Work?

It’s easy. Upon encountering a road closure, just tap the closure icon in the report screen. Choose the type of closure (hazard, construction, or ‘event’) and mark how long you anticipate it’ll last. For extended closures, the map editing community will close the roads via the Waze map editor.

Once a road closure is properly reported, Waze will close off the road and route others around it.

Smart systems are also in place to ensure accuracy and predict reality. Waze will only close down a road once its algorithm has enough evidence to discount the possibility of error. Alternatively, once Waze detects cars driving on a closed off street, it will automatically return the road to its normal status and routing will resume as normal.
That's all we had "officially"
scarlogarcia
Send a message

Post by seriousarsonist
Been using this feature in the beta, it's good but it needs the arrows to be larger to make them easier to select

Belfast and Co. Down area manager
Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2
seriousarsonist
Send a message

Post by sketch
jwkilgore wrote:Zoom way in and make the ramp angle about 45 degrees for just a few feet then turn back to the real-life shallow angle. The road will look the same when zoomed out, but it will handle directions better and things like the road closure arrows will stand out better.
We shouldn't have to do this just to work around the closure tool. It should work with our maps, not the other way around.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Problem: I can't close short segments.

The next segment in my route here was closed for construction, but I could not close it in client:

A number of the short segments connecting the sides of St. Charles are also closed for construction of the streetcar tracks:

So why can't I close them?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
fvwazing wrote:Curious - in the first image it looks like that short segment is "skipped" and the next (left)turn is offered.
Well, I imagine the left would be offered anyway, as the closure feature includes more than just directly adjacent segments, probably assuming that in many cases drivers would be able to see a few segments ahead. It seems to me the short ones simply aren't being included — not even among the many options in the second image.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message