Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kentsmith9
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Can't exactly explain it, and what you're saying, Kent, differs from my experience with these types of limited access interchanges.
Yes I am confident the ramp directions were being announced (up until about the time of the new client) when all were named and they were typically all different names without any workarounds.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by txemt
I have a question about that:

Since you're restricting one turn out of two possibilities, aren't you effectively creating a "straight road"? If that's the case, I'm wondering if Waze has changed something that goes along the lines of no instructions given for straight roads (like crossing a street and street names change).

Then, if THAT'S the case, why have the node there connecting those four junctions? Why not get rid of the nodes and have the two exit segments just cross each other without connecting them?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
CBenson wrote:
txemt wrote:Then, if THAT'S the case, why have the node there connecting those four junctions? Why not get rid of the nodes and have the two exit segments just cross each other without connecting them?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT
1) Typically only the off/on turn is restricted. In other words the on clover leaf ramp into the junction typically has both turns enabled to allow a clover U turn.
I get that, but by making the left "turn" restricted, aren't your pretty much creating a straight segment?
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
CBenson wrote: No for this segment because typically you don't restrict the right turn so as to allow the clover U.
IMO, 99.9% of the drivers who take that cloverleaf aren't doing it to make a 180 degree turn. They're taking that part of the cloverleaf for the exit (road) that they need to take. I understand that there will be a small majority (I'm guilty of this thanks to stupid dispatchers) will take the cloverleaf to make the "u-turn."
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
So...why not just delete the node and have the roads cross without a node there? For the 0.01% of the drivers that need/want to make the "u-turn" they'll have to suffer through it and realize you can actually make the turn.
txemt
Send a message