Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jasonh300
@kristin_wester

That's almost certainly a GPS connection problem, rather than the Apple Maps Location bug.

The Apple Maps bug really only presented itself when looking at the tracks in the editor. From what I saw of it, it didn't affect screen display.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
kristin_wester wrote:I dont follow you here, do you mean that I have a hw problem rather then sw?...
What I know is that I have this problem every time Im using waze (which is daily).
Any tips on how I can make it go away?
ps thanks for your effort!
Unless I misunderstood the Apple Maps screenshot you posted above, it also has the same problem. So that's why I'm thinking a hardware issue. That's where your GPS thinks you actually are. You could also try pulling up your location on the Google Maps app, or any other to see what your position is. If it's inaccurate like that, it points to a GPS issue.

Do you have your iPhone mounted under your windshield, so that it has a clear "view" of the sky? If it's in a cupholder, or in your lap, underneath the roof of the car, that can block some of the GPS signals and cause all sorts of location problems.

Which iPhone do you have?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Waze does use the GPS in the phone. That's why I suggested that you mount your GPS under the windshield so there's nothing between your device and the sky other than the glass.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
Please, make it quick (the next major release). I am constantly advising my friends to sign up and use Waze, but as for now I cant really recommend it. It's constantly redirecting me and is moving my car around to places where Im not at, causing problems for me instead of helping me in traffic situations...

Until the last release (of iOS or Waze) I felt totally confident that I would get proper advise. Now I have to check if the car is in the right position in Waze and if it is realistic to follow the new instructions. This of course takes focus from the driving...

Love the application as such, but hoping for improvements!
Is there something I can do until the next release? Turn of apple-maps? Re-install something? ANYTHING?
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
(If directed to me) I updated to 6.1.3 the other day, the fix-list stated: fixing map-problems in Japan...
Did not help in Stockholm, that's for sure...
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
Still waiting for these issues to be fixed. is it just me???
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
sketch wrote:
kristin_wester wrote:Still waiting for these issues to be fixed. is it just me???
This was fixed in Waze 3.7, if I'm not mistaken.
I have release 3.7.2, still the same problem
(and that "additional stop" is not working, but that I can live with)
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
swimming car.jpg
(173.46 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
I have release 3.7.2, still the same problem
(and that "additional stop" is not working, but that I can live with)[/quote]

Can you provide a screen shot? Either from the app if it's visible there, or from your drives in WME.[/quote]

Do you mean like just a picture of when my car is astray? Can you make something out of that?
This looks very strange in the preview, I just go ahead and submit...
kristin_wester
Send a message

Post by kristin_wester
sketch wrote:Could you post a screenshot of Apple Maps in that same location?

This may be a different problem.
I caught an other drive and did that...
They are differently oriented and it might be like 2 minutes between the shots, but it is in the same spot :D First with iPhonw map
kristin_wester
Send a message
Attachments

kristin_wester
Send a message
Attachments